Why is Messi better than C. Ronaldo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly LOL, Nani and Postiga :D

Secondly everyone knows Ronaldo is injured and that group is way tougher then Argentina's. Its ridiculous to base who is a better player on this.

Well, hey you're willing to mention Higuain as world class so why not Nani. He plays for a big EPL team doesn't he?!

If you're injured, you don't play. So stop using excuses.

Absolutely.

Unlike you, I don't have a preference to either player.

I'm sure you don't have a preference for a player who has played in a league of your preference :rolleyes:

I'm sure you're one of those who flogs the argument "Messi can't be the best in the world because he hasn't played in EPL" yada yada...

Well, hey you're willing to mention Higuain as world class so why not Nani. He plays for a big EPL team doesn't he?!

I'm sure you don't have a preference for a player who has played in a league of your preference :rolleyes:

I'm sure you're one of those who flogs the argument "Messi can't be the best in the world because he hasn't played in EPL" yada yada...
I hate United and am nothing like that. Don't let that stop your rant though.

I appreciate both players and enjoy watching both. I just don't have a favourite.

Yeah no doubt.

I mean more that Argentina has a higher improvement level than what Portugal has.

See, this is the difference. I'll admit that Argentina has a higher ceiling in terms of development, but right now based on current performances, they're almost on par.

Comparing Nani as a player to Higuain? LOL. And yes he plays for a big EPL team, think he played maybe 5 games out of the 38.
Anyways, as if he isnt going to play. Its the WC. It was the same for the ECL Final. He shouldn't have played but he wasn't gonna miss it.
Im not naive to think he was going to star this World Cup and use it as a this will decide who the better player is.

Comparing Nani as a player to Higuain? LOL. And yes he plays for a big EPL team, think he played maybe 5 games out of the 38.
Anyways, as if he isnt going to play. Its the WC. It was the same for the ECL Final. He shouldn't have played but he wasn't gonna miss it.
Im not naive to think he was going to star this World Cup and use it as a this will decide who the better player is.

So what would decide for you? Personal and team accolades? Or just general supporters perception? Either way, you will be in the minority

So what would decide for you? Personal and team accolades? Or just general supporters perception? Either way, you will be in the minority
couldnt care less if im in the minority. There is * all between the 2 players. Ronaldo has had a season like no other player before, Messi has been dominant for a long time as well and one of the best players ive ever seen.
Im not going to use this World Cup to sway me one side either way. In saying that if Argentina win it and Messi dominates that changes everything and if Ronaldo somehow gets Portugal over the line against Ghana and Germany do the right thing and Portugal make it to the Quarters/Semi's then that changes everything

Nani's been awful for the last 2 years, to the extent that he'd be battling for a starting role in a mid-table side. The fact that he's being linked to a move back to Portugal is evidence of that, he's not the player he once was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgetting Nani and Postiga?

Mascherano and Zabaleta are average players and are the reason why they're so shaky at the back. And so are Higuain and Gago. The only ones performing at some level are Di Maria and Lavezzi and I'd have the latter in before Higuain any time of the day.

Anyhow, the argument here is between Messi and Ronaldo. One has been pulling his team's weight and the other anonymous so far.

Nani is garbage and Postiga is bog average. Zabaleta was the best right back in the Premier league this season :rolleyes:

Messi has players that can reach a higher standard.
Ronaldo has to carry everyone, every game.

And i don't particularly give a s**t about either of them.

From my user name there is some bias, but I'd like to preface this by saying I believe Ronaldo will be known as an all-time great (if not already).

There are some facets that Ronaldo has over Messi (mainly physical traits IMO), but for me - its the vision, range of passing and dribbling/control - elements I value highly when judging a footballers natural ability/talent. Now I acknowledge that they play in different positions and hence Ronaldo/Messi would benefit from different skill-sets, but I've never seen a player do the unthinkable like I have with Messi - and I've watched football for almost 20 years (don't really remember Maradona unfortunately, but my old man has Messi slightly ahead since natural talent equal-ish but consistency much higher).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back