Toast Wilkie & Sinclair named All-Australian, Marshall makes squad of 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Congratulations to Jack Sinclair, Rowan Marshall and Cal Wilkie, who have all been named in the All Australian squad of 44

A good indication of us finally having some top level quality. You could argue all three are probably in the top 25 players this year. Probably only one in the top 20 though. Next step is to have King, Steele, NWM & Owens get back to this level, while the current three maintain their level. If King & Owens could join Sinclair as top 20 players, we'd really be primed for a top four season.

A good indication of us finally having some top level quality. You could argue all three are probably in the top 25 players this year. Probably only one in the top 20 though. Next step is to have King, Steele, NWM & Owens get back to this level, while the current three maintain their level. If King & Owens could join Sinclair as top 20 players, we'd really be primed for a top four season.
When you look at the top side, Collingwood, who have 5 AA's this year then I can easily see us with the same in a year or two;

Sinclair
Wilkie
Marshall
King
Owens

Throw Nas in there too.

When you look at the top side, Collingwood, who have 5 AA's this year then I can easily see us with the same in a year or two;

Sinclair
Wilkie
Marshall
King
Owens

Throw Nas in there too.
Yeah it's a good sign. I think for years we have tried to convince ourselves player X & Y would turn out to be A graders. It's nice to finally have a few actual A grades as well as a few others who are clearly potential A graders. Not just based on hope, but based on very dominant indications from them at a young age.

Sinclair is a lock

Wilkie touch and go, probably deserves it after two back to back quality seasons

I think Marshall is unlikely

Marshall has had a great year. English probably pips him though.

Marshall has had a great year. English probably pips him though.

Not in the looks department

M8zd1K8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three rookies

sAiNtS are TeRrIbLe At SeLeCtInG pLaYeRs aT dRaFT

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree, in 20 years of drafts we haven't managed an All Australian selection from players taken inside the top 50 picks.

Would be hard to find a club with a worse record than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with the consensus here that Sinclair is a lock, Wilkie is touch and go while Marshall will just miss to English.
If I had to choose 1 player to lock down on someone and defend for my life in the AFL I would choose Wilkie, he just doesn’t lose a contest and would be a lock in the AA back 6 for me.

Agree with the consensus here that Sinclair is a lock, Wilkie is touch and go while Marshall will just miss to English.
If I had to choose 1 player to lock down on someone and defend for my life in the AFL I would choose Wilkie, he just doesn’t lose a contest and would be a lock in the AA back 6 for me.
A few journos having a stab at the final team all seem to be leaving Wilkie out. Most of them have Stewart instead. I don't agree with that choice based on both player's performance over the year.

Does anybody no who won the reverse Coleman?
Wilkie would have to be close surely.
His last few weeks were extraordinary

Hipwood - 0
Cameron - 0
Riewoldt - 1
Curnow - 1

I'm sure someone will correct me if if I've got some of those match-ups wrong, but he doesn't get many kicked on him.

The All Aus defenders tend to be very attacking or intercepting, Sam Collins and Harris Andrews are about as good as it gets for pure key defence.

Wilkie is an absolute gun, regardless of the final team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back