Will 2011 be Scott Gumbleton's year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 9, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
2010rd13-08.jpg

From a neutral supporters perspective Essendon's number 2 draft pick Scott Gumbleton appears to be set for a breakout season in 2011. Free from injury and with a the highest paid coaches in the AFL guiding him, Gumby will be looking tear opposition sides apart and become one of the game's premier forwards. Gumby knows he can no longer hide behind the excuse of being a young player, and after 4 years in the AFL system he recognises that it's time for him to lead the club into the post-Lloyd/Lucas era.

Personally I can see nothing but HUGE things for Gumbleton this year. Surely Essendon wouldn't pin the hopes of their entire forward line on one player unless they were set to become the next Wayne Carey. Anyone not seriously considering him for the 2011 Coleman Medal will be kicking themselves in a few months, get onboard now!

This thread will be used to track the progress of Gumby throughout the year. The first look we will get at him on Friday night, I can't wait to find out how the Gumby of 2011 goes :D:thumbsu:

Thread will provide many giggles. What do we do until Friday though?

Stupid question. Do what you normally do. The old hand trick.;)

Theres only a certain amount of times I can do it in one day though, I'm exhausted:(

To pass the time I thought i'd post a Gumby action shot, but photos like this is all I could come up with..

Scott-Gumbleton-blog.jpg

It won't be long until I am posting two-page spreads of Gumby in the Herald Sun talking about all those goals he kicked and games he won off his own boot :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the **** did Essendon not notice he was a key position forward who couldn't kick a football before picking him at #2?

Pretty important skill for a KPF, I'd suspect.

Even though i'd like to discuss the reasons why Henderson will kick more goals than Kennedy in 2011 i'd prefer to remain on topic. Feel free to make another thread about it but prepare to be embarrassed, flog :thumbsdown:

misinformedcryinglittlebitch.jpg

seriously, will need to make an impact this year or face the knife. feel sorry for him because injury has hampered him greatly.

also, lol @ hodgepodge. :eek:

Yeah, nah.

I think he made enough of an impact last year.

He played quite a few games and showed us what he could do.

He'll be right. I think this thread will blow up in kreuze's face. Like the others before this one.

Yeah, nah.

I think he made enough of an impact last year.

He played quite a few games and showed us what he could do.

He'll be right. I think this thread will blow up in kreuze's face. Like the others before this one.

maybe, but he will have to move forward from the progress he made last year. if his progression halts or declines then the heat will really be on him.

up to this point, he has had legitimate excuses for not performing (injury etc). now that he is fit he will really feel more pressure to perform. if he gets injured again he will find his support at the club begin to decline.

the pressure is on now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back