Will James Hird be able to coach Essendon to a premiership ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi all,

After tonight's game, I thought I'll throw this out here. Will Hird be able to get this current Essendon list to a flag and if so when ? Its a worry because the below players, most likely wont be playing in 2 years due to retirement. Who will they have to fill the void and can they still maintain a charge up the ladder ?

Chappy - Gone
fletch - Gone
Watson - Gone
Goddard - Gone
Cooney - Gone
Stanton - Gone

Is Hird good enough, to rejuvenate the list while still making finals to snag a flag ?

We could be asking the same question about your coach mate. And we will get the same answer.

Actually mate, there is already a thread speaking about that very topic. I know everyone loves and seems to be allowed to critique my club but that a side, lets stay on topic. If you cant answer the question, then don't post.

Actually mate, there is already a thread speaking about that very topic. I know everyone loves and seems to be allowed to critique my club but that a side, lets stay on topic. If you cant answer the question, then don't post.
That was my answer. Well done on working it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will have to replace a lot of experience before long and need a add a few more Heppells and Danihers. Not sure how much the disrupted pre-season has affected them.
Geez Tiger fans are up and about.

An ordinary side beat another ordinary side guys.

Yeah but one was two years per player older than the other. Much like the Anzac Day game, I felt Essendon were entitled to win tonight.

As long as Daniher stays out on the park and continues to develop I think Hird is every chance.

But it would need to involve risk like trading out Carlisle for a gun midfielder to replace Watson when he retires. With the right drafting and recruiting I would say Hird is as likely as 10 other coaches to lead their team to a flag in the next 7 years

Doubt it, through no fault of his own. Regardless of what you think of him (for the record I hate the guy), but coaching career don't last too long on average, so he'd need to get one soon. Freo/Hawthorn/Sydney look good for the next few years, Essendon don't seem close to challenging that group soon, and after that it's a raffle as to who will be a contender although the expansion sides look in a good position to be there or there abouts. He'd have to stay in the job for a long time to see off the likely period of expansion side dominance, and then it comes down to recruiting. Too far out to say, but essentially if he stays in the job for 4-6 years from now he's a chance. After that it's down to recruiting. Tough to project this far out.

As long as Daniher stays out on the park and continues to develop I think Hird is every chance.

But it would need to involve risk like trading out Carlisle for a gun midfielder to replace Watson when he retires. With the right drafting and recruiting I would say Hird is as likely as 10 other coaches to lead their team to a flag in the next 7 years
I hope it's not the dogs who bite on Carlisle and trade for him. I reckon he's overrated and not worth the price tag!

Good post

I hope it's not the dogs who bite on Carlisle and trade for him. I reckon he's overrated and not worth the price tag!

You are trolling this thread to get it locked mate. So far you have mentioned nothing on topic, just trying to get a bite from others. Please stop

Agree but one teams trash is another teams treasure. With Boyd and Stringer he's surplus as a forward for you guys but we'd have Carlisle at Port in a heartbeat to replace Shultz when he retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back