Universal Love Will Langford

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need to try it for a quarter in round 22
That and clear the forward line of tall forwards and let Breust, Rioli and Puopolo run onto it in space in the forward 50. A discussion for a different thread though.

This kid really impresses me! He hasn't just filled a gap, he has fully taken his chance and is now a best 22 player IMO.

His scalps so far are Mundy, Selwood & Cotchin. Totally smashed them.

He has also at the least curbed Watson and Ablett's games too.

These are champs of the game! Can't remember who he played on against Brissy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

This kid really impresses me! He hasn't just filled a gap, he has fully taken his chance and is now a best 22 player IMO.

His scalps so far are Mundy, Selwood & Cotchin. Totally smashed them.

He has also at the least curbed Watson and Ablett's games too.

These are champs of the game! Can't remember who he played on against Brissy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Moloany from memory

Langford is being rested. They will say he has a back complaint but surely he is being rested forrrrrrrrrrr ?

Yep , you guessed it !
HAWKS V SWANS = LANGFORD V KENNEDY !!!

Just like Langford v Abblett, it will be the sons of guns going head to head !!!!

You bloody ripper !!!

I can't overstate how impressed I've been by Langford. I've got to admit that I thought he still had a fair bit of development to go after his NAB cup games, he was very fumbly and I didn't think he'd be able to tag the stronger bodies of the top midfielders. But he's done incredible jobs on a series of star players and is getting more and more inside ball himself.

I can't overstate how impressed I've been by Langford. I've got to admit that I thought he still had a fair bit of development to go after his NAB cup games, he was very fumbly and I didn't think he'd be able to tag the stronger bodies of the top midfielders. But he's done incredible jobs on a series of star players and is getting more and more inside ball himself.

I can see this part of his development just being a learning curve to Will becoming one of the elite mids in the AFL. Add Hallihan, Woody, Jed and Shiels to the mix and you have a very potent midfield group. We are in good (Clarko) hands at Hawthorn.

Overall encouraging year, but not best 22 in my opinion. Will make way for Sewell, Shiels and Simpkin. Love his passion and hardness at the footy, but still too raw for mine, and frustrates me with too many basic skill errors - which hopefully are ironed out in good time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall encouraging year, but not best 22 in my opinion. Will make way for Sewell, Shiels and Simpkin. Love his passion and hardness at the footy, but still too raw for mine, and frustrates me with too many basic skill errors - which hopefully are ironed out in good time
He has played less than 10 games and improved with pretty much every game he has played. Skill errors will iron out over time but even on exposed form he is well ahead of Simpkin on skill and effectiveness. The inclusion of Langford has freed Sheils up from tagging and as I rate Sheils a better ball winner than Sewell I'd prefer that combination than a sewell/sheils combo (Sewell can't tag).

Sewell used to be our go to tagger and was damn good at it - shiels then stepped into that role most commonly but nothing to say Sewell can't still shut someone down if needed

He has played less than 10 games and improved with pretty much every game he has played. Skill errors will iron out over time but even on exposed form he is well ahead of Simpkin on skill and effectiveness. The inclusion of Langford has freed Sheils up from tagging and as I rate Sheils a better ball winner than Sewell I'd prefer that combination than a sewell/sheils combo (Sewell can't tag).
agree that his role will potentially free up Shiels, but not sure if we have the luxury of players to do this when we're at full strength (hopefully come Sept). Also strongly disagree Shiels is a better ballwinner than Sewell - but don't want to derail thread. My point is Langers has shown a lot of promise, but has a long way to go.

Can any of you Hawks folks shed light on why he's omitted this week? Do the Saints just not have anyone worth tagging any more, or has he got an injury?

I think he is just being rested. He's had a huge start to the year and I imagine they want him to be fresh for the Swans.

No disrespect to the Saints, but I expect the Club feels we should be able to win the midfield battle without him.

Time will tell whether that is a good decision or not.

Can any of you Hawks folks shed light on why he's omitted this week? Do the Saints just not have anyone worth tagging any more, or has he got an injury?

Not omitted, slight back complaint and could do with a rest. Young body and player, has copped a fair few hits from opposition players trying to block him off the ball so the tagged player can get a good run at it.

I really hope he is good to go for the Sydney game.

Impressive step up in disposal and decision making last week. While he has shown great signs, and improved each week, his disposal last week was very, very clean and well thought through. I would have expected that sort of development to take a lot longer, 10-12 games, maybe even a year, and extra time spent at Box Hill.
Mighty impressive stuff. Long may it continue. Giddyup.

Thanks for replies.

Only saw 3 Hawks games this year but he has looked good as a player that other teams will grow to hate. Watching him slap/punch Ablett's hand summed up that he knows his job is to be a pain in the arse.

Be interesting to see what you guys set up without him. Your MF is far better than Saints, and we're debuting 2 in there too, but I'd say Joey is worth tagging no matter the opposition.
I'm keen to see Hartung too - reckoned he was nailed-on to go to St Kilda before Acres fell to us at 19.

I would love to see Langford on Kennedy for Friday night.

Yeah it's a really interesting one as it has always been a bit obvious who Langers would go to, Selwood for the Cats, Mundy for the Dockers, Cotchin for Richmond. For Sydney he could go to Joey, Jack or Hanners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back