Retired Will Minson (#913)

Remove this Banner Ad

With McGinnity getting suspended last year for something similar, im expecting the same for Will. It's a load of s**t, but what can you do. Stuff like that should never leave the footy field.

With McGinnity getting suspended last year for something similar, im expecting the same for Will. It's a load of s**t, but what can you do. Stuff like that should never leave the footy field.

Players maybe just change their sledges against Port? Just need to remind them that they need their WAG's to do their fighting for them?

Players maybe just change their sledges against Port? Just need to remind them that they need their WAG's to do their fighting for them?

If those things that Will has supposedly said about Corne's sick son and Pearce's wife yesterday are true, then that's very poor by Will. You don't go picking on someone's family, that's weak, I know there is sledging on the field, and fair enough to put someone off their game, but don't rubbish someone's family. Poor form.

If those things that Will has supposedly said about Corne's sick son and Pearce's wife yesterday are true, then that's very poor by Will. You don't go picking on someone's family, that's weak, I know there is sledging on the field, and fair enough to put someone off their game, but don't rubbish someone's family. Poor form.
He apologised for what he said about Kane's son. That happened years ago. Poor form by Will, but that's long in the past.

If what he said to Pearce was just something like "ya mum didn't think so last night" or something stupid like that, if he gets suspended it's weak as piss. Have had a million worse things said to me on a footy field. Stuff like that shouldn't even be given a second thought.

In the past ?? Seems he went there again.... Classy stuff Will.

"
U are an oxygen thief. Anytime you'd like to make an apology to my 5 yr old son, make it in the form of a donation to HeartKids SA"
Sorry to ehar that mate although that was 5 years ago and was brought up for noa pparent reason.

Still Port can go harden up if they make such a big deal out of Big Wils comments about Pearces mum. Seriously need to get over it! Any comments about kids is uncalled for though.. Then again we dont know exaclty was was said..

Until we know what was actually said (which Cornes probably doesn't know as she wasn't there) then I won't pass judgment. Port are just a pack of cry babies. Perhaps something was said to Will first? Of course, Cornes wouldn't be tweeting about that and I doubt Will would be complaining.

Also, unless the umpires heard it at the time, how could he be reported? I'd be interested if it's been reported because of a Port player dobbing on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until we know what was actually said (which Cornes probably doesn't know as she wasn't there) then I won't pass judgment. Port are just a pack of cry babies. Perhaps something was said to Will first? Of course, Cornes wouldn't be tweeting about that and I doubt Will would be complaining.

Also, unless the umpires heard it at the time, how could he be reported? I'm not aware of any microphones picking it up for the MRP to rule on..?

Yep we don't know the full picture, on what he said.

This is all we know..
  • 5 years ago Will sledged Cornes and aplogised.
  • This has nothing to do with Cornes or his WAG
  • That port supporters crying foul on Minson are the same ones pulling that "ghost of Charlie Sutton" line during the game for bad ump calls.

Also, unless the umpires heard it at the time, how could he be reported? I'd be interested if it's been reported because of a Port player dobbing on him
The umpire heard it and lodged a report. Nothing to do with a port player "dobbing" on him. For a smart bloke big Will doesn't seem overly bright.

The umpire heard it and lodged a report. Nothing to do with a port player "dobbing" on him. For a smart bloke big Will doesn't seem overly bright.

How do you know? AFL have merely confirmed a report was made...

All that we know so far is that Lucy Cornes made a comment insinuating Will again made reference to her child. That, based on what we now know, is entirely false and untrue. Defamatory / libellous even.

Sorry to ehar that mate although that was 5 years ago and was brought up for noa pparent reason.

Still Port can go harden up if they make such a big deal out of Big Wils comments about Pearces mum. Seriously need to get over it! Any comments about kids is uncalled for though.. Then again we dont know exaclty was was said..

Yep... Got no problem with the Pearce sledges.

How do you know? AFL have merely confirmed a report was made...

All that we know so far is that Lucy Cornes made a comment insinuating Will again made reference to her child. That, based on what we now know, is entirely false and untrue. Defamatory / libellous even.
There's an article floating around somewhere that says an umpire reported it. Can't remember where, but I did read it.

Congratulations Minson, you just made way for Tom Campbell. :oops: Having recollections of Justin Sherman.

I don't think should have to worry, but he most likely is going to get crucified by the MRP/tribunal or whatever, that toad that chairs the MRP was belting one out over the prospect of laying a charge based on abusive language.

PAFC = sooks.

Play on Will. Got no issue with you sledging Kornes' family situation, Pearce or anything. Go for your life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back