Will Minson sent off and reported in VFL for pushing an umpire - UPDATE: Appeal Successful

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to laugh at all the idiots in this thread knee-jerking.

Andrew Moore pushed an umpire in the SANFL a few weeks ago and only got a 3 week suspension.

I'm not saying Will's incident was any better, but none of you morons have even seen what he did.

Agreed.

The news doesn't sound good, but without video footage it's impossible to tell whether this is on par with Moore, or something like Williams in 1997, or the infamous Army Reserve Cup incident mentioned above. Until I see what he actually did I'll reserve judgement.

Also, when did the VFL introduce cards?

Andrew Moore pushed an umpire in the SANFL a few weeks ago and only got a 3 week suspension.

I'm not saying Will's incident was any better, but none of you morons have even seen what he did.

But also knee-jerking and saying it's not much despite not seeing it yourself is somehow okay. :rolleyes:

Unless you did see it ... in which case, spill the beans on what happened.

Doesn't sound like he can plead accidental contact or anything...

But also knee-jerking and saying it's not much despite not seeing it yourself is somehow okay. :rolleyes:

Unless you did see it ... in which case, spill the beans on what happened.
Where did I imply I had seen it?

I said I wasn't making any claims, unlike the majority in this thread.

You obviously haven't been around here long enough to understand how things go on BF:
  • Never let the truth get in the way of either a good story or a good rage
  • Pitchforks are mandatory regardless of whether full story is known.

Andrew Moore didn't get red carded and sent off however...

Doesn't sound like he can plead accidental contact or anything...

That is incorrect be was sent off directly after melee and melee was just small push and shove

Andrew Moore didn't get red carded and sent off however...
So what? A red card doesn't automatically mean career over. You cavemen just aren't used to seeing it, so you freak out when it's given.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what? A red card doesn't automatically mean career over. You cavemen just aren't used to seeing it, so you freak out when it's given.
You're playing Ayce Cordy over him - perhaps his career was already over...

You're playing Ayce Cordy over him - perhaps his career was already over...

Presumably you're partly joking there, but I'd agree with that. While Moore is currently a bit of a fringe player at Port, he's probably got a few more years (at least) in him at AFL level. Minson's career was well and truly at the crossroads heading in to today: he'd failed to bounce straight back into the firsts after a shock demotion and now he's probably looking at a long stint on the sidelines.

That'll do it, even if he isn't suspended the Dogs hierarchy doesn't like him. He's 10x the ruckman Cordy is on a bad day. I'm sure any excuse will do for them.

Only 3 weeks? Well then everyone should do it....

You know you can't touch them. Should be longer

Moore's 'push' was not much more than a hand on the umpire. If Minson has actually pushed one then you'd think the sanction would be greater.

Some footage would be great to put into context, but on face value I'd think that might be season-ending (and possibly career-ending) for Minson. Greg Williams was suspended for 9 matches for pushing an umpire and I reckon that the AFL would look at a harsher penalty these days.

In one match I umpired in the WRFL U16s one kid got 14 weeks and another 9 weeks. One threw a clump of grass in the air that hit me in the side of the head the other one shoved the other umpire.

Moore's 'push' was not much more than a hand on the umpire. If Minson has actually pushed one then you'd think the sanction would be greater.
Rubbish. Moore pushed the umpire, and it's made abundantly clear by the umpire taking steps back after contact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back