AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
RESERVES
Williamstown 3.3 8.5 10.9 14.13 (97)
Frankston 6.3 9.8 13.12 15.17 (107)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Stretton 4 Clark 2 Lyons Toulmin Boyd Hedditch MacAffer Beaumont Weir Darvell
Frankston: Whelan 2 Dickson 2 Clark 2 Luxa 2 Shinners 2 Barker Bosward Beaton O'Carroll Rafferty

BEST:
Williamstown: Miller Lyons Stretton Toulmin Chiu Beaumont
Frankston: Shinners George Luxa Beaton Stanley Ulms

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Williamstown: Nil
Frankston: Nil

SENIORS
Second quarter score:
Williamstown 2.5 8.9 . .
Frankston 2.7 3.10 . .

2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors
Williamstown 2.5 8.9 14.11 19.17 (131)
Frankston 2.7 3.10 5.13 8.18 (66)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Williams 8 Limbach 4 Rose 2 Reid 2 Johnson 2 Greene
Frankston: Dore 4 Conroy Berry Clarke Winterton

BEST:
Williamstown: Goldsack Stanley Cook Proctor Williams Davis
Frankston: Conroy Dore Oliver Winterton Pollard Eames

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Williamstown: Nil
Frankston: Nil

Danny Stanley getting amongst it. Lets hope he starts to turn it on. Goldsack will debut this week coming IMO

We were 40 or so points in front at three quarter time, so I presume we won.

Will wait for some Willi watchers to fill us in on our boys.
only saw the first half but reid presented well and kicked a few and brown and stanley did some nice things down back. leon going ok, egan not much,richards was doing quite well and goldsack is going to be a player very good

Agree with Goldsack and Cook not Stanners yet. Goldy and Cooky have put in solid games for the last 2 - 4 weeks. Stanley hasn't been this consistent yet but definitely think Cook and Goldsack should get a run.

No neither did Shannon Cox according to the results website.

The team named had 14 Collingwood players in it, and against Frankston who are stand alone you are only able to play 12 I think. So obviously Medhurst and Cox were left out instead of Nicholls and Cox on the bench. Both must have been carrying niggles, Medhurst still may be recovering from the ankle, and they may have thought it was a good time to give Cox a rest.

It would be very nice to eventually get Medders up and running.

Hopefully Stanley takes something out of this week and keeps working hard

Cook needs to be more consistent. The games I have watched I would not have thought he is close.

Think Mick alluded to the guys he is looking at yesterday - Goldy, Wellingham and Nicholls. Nicholls will be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I don't think it's all doom and gloom for Nicholls. The only player I'm writing off at this stage is Davies and he could easily come into the side and do something.

Agreed. Makes you wonder - and it's still very early in the season - who will be moved on at the end of the year. I can see a fair bit of potential in most of the players in the VFL.

Agree with Goldsack and Cook not Stanners yet. Goldy and Cooky have put in solid games for the last 2 - 4 weeks. Stanley hasn't been this consistent yet but definitely think Cook and Goldsack should get a run.
the thing with goldsack and stanley is that they are both ready physically.stanley is very solid and he is not slow

Good to hear stanley had a good game but when i have seen him play ive noticed he has poor footskills and you need to use it well if you play down back.

Goldsack exceptional , dominated for 3 quarters as a key back , then went on to a wing and just strolled through traffic and won ball at will.
Cook was played as a back flanker and looked good , attacked it well and very quick and direct on the rebound.
Stanley also played back flank/wing and looked to be moving better , won plenty only criticism was some errant footpassing.
Reid led up to the ball well , took some nice marks and contested well , it's just building up the body with him.
Clarke was good , dominant last quarter and contested well all day. Still some silly mistakes but his run and endeavour was first class.
Nicholls was good , tenacious full of run , nice left boot.
Wellingham was OK.
Egan was reasonable , Davis quite good , pretty much what you'd expect from them without dominating.
Brown was solid , still think he doesn't look to be sufficiently aerobically fit,for him to lift it a notch.
Davies was just OK did nothing to raise the eyebrows.
I've forgotten 2 it seems... who presently escape me.
Medhurst and Cox didn't play.

Yep I don't think it's all doom and gloom for Nicholls. The only player I'm writing off at this stage is Davies and he could easily come into the side and do something.

Can anyone tell us a bit more on Davies?- I noticed the papers had him BoG last week. The bit I've seen of him in the Ones, I've liked: has size, reasonable pace and seems to get a fair bit of the footy. What is the downside to him that I've missed?

Magnus, his kicking really lets him down. He is an outside mid with poor kicking. He is physical and brave enough to be a more inside onballer IMO but he is poor at getting it the ball and giving a handball off in traffic. He doesn't have great defensive skills either and isn't very accountable. I think we should've turned him into a tagger.

If he does get the chop, he'd be one of the best "auto-delistings" we've had for a while.

He sounds like a taller, more defensive version of Pendlebury. I'm very excited.

It also means the that Lonie's days at Collingwood are numbered.
Like I said a few rounds ago, trade him to Richmond. They can always use players with exceptional kicking skills who also happen to be soft as butter. And they should have an extra draft pick this year too on current performances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back