Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Melb Tigers
VFL Round 14

Williamstown Vs Coburg
Sunday July 15th
Coburg City Oval (Harding Street, Coburg Melways Map 29 J1)
Seniors 2pm Reserves 11.10am

Seniors

B McKenzie 9, Toovey 34, Cox 12
HB Lonie 67, Brown 16, R Cook 29
C Davies 19, Picken 18, Wellingham 41
HF Dick 33, Reid 20, Nicholls 44
F Williams 6, Macaffer 45, Rose 1
R Richards 58, Stanley 28, Holland 79
I
Meyer 25, Georgiadis 42, Beaumont 39, A Cook 17, Stretton 27, Cravino 54, Lockwood 24, Limbach 7

Reserves

B Miller 71, Dullard 46, Grossman 49
HB Chiu 11, Toulmin 70, Foley 48
C Stretton 27, Langlands 21, Keddell 47
HF Beaumont 39, Limbach 7, Georgiadis 42
F Boyd 26, A Cook 17, Cravino 54
R Meyer 25, Crawford 14, Lockwood 24
I Dickson 35, Bonner 63, Tanner 57, Philip 68, Gotch 56, Kairouz 66, Jenkins 69, Quinn 65, Smith 53, Weir 51, Long 64

I know he is coming off and inj but its still good to see Holland getting a run down at Willy. Also no R.Shaw in any of the sides this week.

Any scores Lads ?

This game will have a big bearing as to the make up of next weeks side I reckon..

Dont all jump in @ once guys :D

Managed to find a score from Nicks..

Willi were getting pumped 78 - 30 @ 3 qtr time.

Apparently, Cook & Lonie were our best players up until then.

Looks like 3 losses in a row for Willi :(

Coburg Tigers 5.2 8.7 11.12 15.14 (104)
Williamstown 1.2 1.3 4.6 5.8 (38)

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Kingsley 5 Riewoldt 4 Krakouer Gazzo White Hughes Bowden Robertson
Williamstown: Cook 2 Picken Stanley Dick

BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Krakouer Sewell Silvester Ronaldson Kingsley Riewoldt
Williamstown: Nicholls Picken Lonie Cook Holland Rose

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Coburg Tigers: Nil
Williamstown: Nil

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Kingsley 5 Riewoldt 4 Krakouer Gazzo White Hughes Bowden Robertson

BEST:

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Geez, very ordinary result:eek:

Nice to see Cook in the bests again & that Lonie & Holland went ok.

IMO Lonie was shocking for a senior player, so to was Richards

Cook, Holland and Cox can hold their head high....everyone else was soundly beaten

the bigger coburg bodies in the heavy conditions dominated

in general our kicking was terrible and we had no defensive pressure

IMO Lonie was shocking for a senior player, so to was Richards

Cook, Holland and Cox can hold their head high....everyone else was soundly beaten

the bigger coburg bodies in the heavy conditions dominated

in general our kicking was terrible and we had no defensive pressure

How did Reid & Dick go up forward & Brown in defence ?

Thanks jonesy 86 :thumbsu:

How did Reid & Dick go up forward & Brown in defence ?

Thanks jonesy 86 :thumbsu:

Dick struggled in the heavy conditions, did ok in the 3rd qtr

Reid barely got a touch

Brown played on Reiwoldt for the first 3 qtrs, kept him to 1 goal, still looked a little slow though...played CHF in the last qtr and didn't do much

Picken again in the best. Gee, he must be getting some attention now from the opposition, I'd say he is a chance to get rookie-listed at the end of the year.

Dick struggled in the heavy conditions, did ok in the 3rd qtr

Reid barely got a touch

Brown played on Reiwoldt for the first 3 qtrs, kept him to 1 goal, still looked a little slow though...played CHF in the last qtr and didn't do much

Cheers for that mate :thumbsu:

So, in your opinion, would you say that only Cook & Brodie would be a chance on form to be promoted to the seniors next week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for that mate :thumbsu:

So, in your opinion, would you say that only Cook & Brodie would be a chance on form to be promoted to the seniors next week?

yeah IMO Cook, Cox and Brodie are the only ones from Willy who could be promoted on todays performance....Richards could be a chance, only because Bryan was so sh1t

Brodie still seems to be struggling with his achilles injury and still runs with bit of a limp

yeah IMO Cook, Cox and Brodie are the only ones from Willy who could be promoted on todays performance....Richards could be a chance, only because Bryan was so sh1t

Brodie still seems to be struggling with his achilles injury and still runs with bit of a limp

Thanks for the wrap dude, much appreciated bud :thumbsu:

So was Lonie good or not?

I'd have him in my team for next week regardless of your opinion by the way, just interested.

Lonie was cod ordinary. Whoever compiled that best must be taking the piss.

It was a terrible match for Williamstown. I thought Cook was best of the Collingwood players (even he wasn't great, though). Cox was OK and Brodie was busy early.

The rest were very disappointing.

GOALS:

BEST:

As usual, these "bests" are an absolute joke. Holland was bloody awful (liming whwnever he stuffed up), Lonie was at best ordinary and Cook must have got it on the strength of his 2 goals because he did bugger-all else constructive. And Nicholls? He cannot move on his right side and turns himself inside out trying to get on his left - the reslult being that he's totally predictable and kicks 8/10 to a turnover.

The only Willie player worth a damn today was Stanley who got the only first half goal off half-back (strong grab and lovely long kick from 50), was injured during the second (didn't see a trainer bother to come on) and was clearly best for Willie in the 3rd Q despite his injury. Marked strongly and EVERY POSSESSION BUT ONE WENT TO TARGET unlike every other player for Willie. His opponent, Meyer (Richmond listed) didn't get a touch till Danny was rested in the last quarter.

It was a woeful team display but the Tigers also played extremely well with a very strong Richmond contingent. Willie wouldn't have won this with 5 extra players.

Gotch as usual had no idea and the game plan didn't vary. His big move was Stanley to HFF with 10 to go in the last and 10 down. Disappointingly, Danny failed to kick the required 11 after being given the chance. Weak as!

Went to game today - bloody awful. Smashed in the clearances, turnovers thru the middle and no run. Few observations;

Holland - not fit, limped the whole game. Turned over the footy numerous times and decision making awful.

Reid - tough day for him - ball came down terribly. Should be in the seniors instead of Bryan.

Cox - looks like needs a better standard but worry about his hardness.

Cook - Very good. Ran hard and created. Should get a senior game soon.

Stanley - started well then faded.

Wellingham - thought he was ok. Creative with hands and took a good grab.

Richards - shocking. Tried to palm all day when he should have thumped.

Nicholls / Davies - should have had good days but were ineffective.

MacAffer - Not a heap of game time.

Toovey - Not sure with this guy. Not sure if he is up to standard.

Brown - Two kicked on him early but then tightened up and was ok. Ball was continually down there. Big boy. Hard in contest and kicks nicely.

Lonie - one of the better ones. Probably could go up.

Yeah I hate Isles. Iles could maybe keep his spot though...

Sam Aisles should definitely be delisted at season's end.

Magpies as Seagulls: VFL Round 14
6:18 PM Tue 17 July, 2007 | Back

Brad Gotch

for collingwoodfc.com.au

News
Williamstown went down to Cuburg by 66 points on Sunday at Coburg. We just couldn’t get anything happening. We had one of those days where we couldn’t get our game going. We were outplayed in the first half, then had a good third quarter, and a pretty average last quarter.

Below is my assessment of how the 14 Collingwood-listed players who represented the Seagulls performed, exclusive to collingwoodfc.com.au.

Nathan Brown
Browny had a couple kicked on him early, and then he was ok after that. I moved him forward in the last quarter to see if we could snare a goal or something, but he couldn’t find the footy because we just weren’t getting it in there quick enough.

Ryan Cook
He played as an on-ball forward and kicked two goals, which was good. He should’ve kicked three, so in the context of five team goals, it was not a bad return, along with 15 possessions. He probably looked like one of our most dangerous forwards.

Shannon Cox
He’s a class act, Coxy. When he gets the footy something happens with it. I just thought he might’ve been a little bit tighter on his direct opponent, but his use of the footy and his ability to win the loose ball, even be the third man up and back into some packs, I thought he showed some good courage at times. He finished with 12 kicks and six handballs.

Ben Davies
Ben had a role on one of their good midfielders, and whilst his opponent didn’t dominate, he did some good things, so Ben was quite conscious of the accountability side of things. Then in the second half I put him to the wing, and he got a bit of the ball, and finished with 14 kicks, five handpasses and three tackles.

Brad Dick
Dicky kicked 1.1, looked lively across half forward. I didn’t give him much chance on-ball because of the heavy going, instead I played him a bit more out on the flanks. He had a better second half than he’s had in previous week, so 11 possessions and a goal, it wasn’t a bad return from a half forward flanker.

Brodie Holland
The Dutchman had plenty of it first up with 22 kicks and seven handballs, as well as three tackles. He played about 75 per cent, so he had plenty of the ball and had a good hit out. But you’ve got to be careful, he had plenty of the ball, but are you watching your bloke, there’s got to be that happy medium, and I reckon he might’ve been a bit loose, just trying to get his fitness up.

Ryan Lonie
Lones was solid again on a wing. I sort of eased him through the second half, because the ground was pretty heavy, and I was conscious if Mick was going to pick him for this week, I wanted to make sure he had some legs, so that’s why his possession rate dropped off in the second half. He finished with 23 possesions after having 18 in the first half.

Brent Macaffer
Macca had a quiet first half, then I played him as a high half forward in the second half, and he got a bit of the ball. He gave us an option with four marks, and we had something to kick at.

Daniel Nicholls
I started Danny in the midfield then I moved him back, and he was actually really good for us down back. He gave us at least a little bit of rebound with 26 possessions, so that was a different role for him to play, and he hasn’t done a lot of that, so it was good to see. He played on a smaller type and got a little bit of the ball and gave us a bit of attacking run.

Ben Reid
Ben had a bit of a quiet one at full forward, but when you’re getting flogged like that the ball’s not going down there too often. We just didn’t get any flow to get the ball in there quickly enough, and when we did, they had numbers back, so it was pretty difficult for him.

Guy Richards
Guy worked tirelessly all day. Not a bad return with 22 possessions, six marks and 26 hitouts, so he did quite well. He nearly rucked the whole day, so that was good.

Danny Stanley
Stanley had a knock early, so he had a corky early. He worked his way through it, but didn’t have as big an impact on the game as what he’s capable of. It was a good hit, so he did well to stay out there and finish with 14 possessions.

Alan Toovey
Toovey was just solid down back, back pocket, full back, and whilst he didn’t get a heap of the ball, I don’t think his man had a huge impact on the game.

Sharrod Wellingham
Sharrod was ok, without being over the top. Considering the heavy going in the centre, we kept him more peripheral, out on the wing, half forward, half back, he was ok with seven kicks and eight handballs.

We’re up against Sandringham this Sunday at home, and they’re on top of the ladder again now, so it will be a tough game, and a good chance to try and lift against a quality opponent.

GOALS:

BEST:

REPORTED PLAYERS:
cop that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back