Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent checked this thread since last year and it seems you guys are still talking about the same s**t with no real progess and no new info
This thread's gonna go off when we get some actual news. Even more so when they parade some players around in the 2016 wings.

Almost 300 pages, still waiting.
Passing two votes of the entire members base with flying colours, meeting with the club at Subi Oval, gaining overwhelming support and the club making prototype jumpers to see how they look not enough progess?

Passing two votes of the entire members base with flying colours, meeting with the club at Subi Oval, gaining overwhelming support and the club making prototype jumpers to see how they look not enough progess?

Please, let's not gild the lily.

Glacial paced progress with threadbare communication with the supporter base is poor.

Well, when you put it like that............ I guess there has been progress, which I never said there hadn't been:D I just said still waiting. The thing that annoys me is that they give us these timelines, and don't stick to it. So don't say, we'll have an announcement soon, or, it's looking more like end of the month(February)

They have done more than I ever thought they would, and it's been you guys that have put in a lot of effort, and we're all greatful for it, I just feel like it's stalled a bit (which it probably hasn't, it's just that they're at the stage where any info they give us now, will likely be the end result) So again, not sating there's been no progress, just that we're still waiting, and as you can tell, I am an impatient jerk:D:D

Please, let's not gild the lily.

Glacial paced progress with threadbare communication with the supporter base is poor.
For a club not known for giving any shits as to the wants of its member base I still think it's been a pretty good result, amazed the club took it as seriously as they did.

For a club not known for giving any shits as to the wants of its member base I still think it's been a pretty good result, amazed the club took it as seriously as they did.

It's been an awesome result, and one I never thought would actually happen. I think the timing has worked in our favour (for 2016 that is, they sat on it for a while first) I'd hope the club sees it as a great opportunity to drum up some support, and make a big deal of the 30th anniversary.

The main thing though, is that it all just makes so much sense and hopefully the club realise that. In 06 when they gave us the vote for the current home or the flying eagle of that time, one of the reasons they gave for changing was to have continuity between the 2 jumpers, so this is just a better version of that.

I still want some bloody updates though:D:D

From OP:

This thread is for legitimate discussion on how best to get this message through to the club and how we can achieve that

The goal we set out for from the start has been more than reached. Even if the worst happens, we can all still give ourselves a huge pat on the back. Top effort lads.

From OP:

The goal we set out for from the start has been more than reached. Even if the worst happens, we can all still give ourselves a huge pat on the back. Top effort lads.
OP is a dickhead. Should red card for lack of ambition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we'd have seen navy wings 3 of those 5 rounds. When the navy wings come in, all you doubters will be converted, trust me:D
It's a sad, sad reflection on our football club when seeing navy wings 3 times in 5 rounds is a good thing.

Royal >>> Yellow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Navy >>>> Ochre (jumper) >>>> Ochre (poster) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Current home/clash

It's a sad, sad reflection on our football club when seeing navy wings 3 times in 5 rounds is a good thing.

Royal >>> Yellow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Navy >>>> Ochre (jumper) >>>> Ochre (poster) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Current home/clash

I know I'm the minorty on this (and after the GC game last year I changed my tune, but am now happy either way) but I think navy wings will look awesome. If they fix the wing size, and we have more gold on there, plus no white outlines anymore to ruin the wings and numbers, it will look good. Can't wait to see it.

Peril is the best.

It's like choosing between your children

edit: may have been said by a previous poster??

I know it must be frustrating but i'd be absolutely staggered if they stick with the status quo. The last tweet from Stocks on it basically confirmed it (re checking prototypes/stick tight).

I think it's inevitable that you'll have to wait till the end of the season (or close to it), but it still seems a certainty to me. I wouldn't be worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back