Portfolio WLD's AFL Ice Hockey Jerseys (Now with more leagues!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Syd-a-ney it is! For what it's worth, it's not common but also not unheard of for teams to have a white third jersey; in particular, the Washington Capitals have one that they've been wearing frequently in road games and occasionally at home this season, and the Toronto Maple Leafs had one a few years back. They also tend to be heritage-inspired, so I figured between using the old logo and the old curved V, and the Swans having white-based jumpers to begin with, it made sense to give them a white alternate. Maybe a second team will get one too, maybe not, but one or two out of 21 teams seems about right to me.

SydneyHome_zps8e2702df.png

SydneyAway_zps514c8d44.png

SydneyAlt_zps921d2bfb.png

What team next?

The Demons can be a tricky team to crossover, because for most of their history they've had the yoke. Personally, I would've liked to see something different done with the yoke in mind (lots of narrow chevrons, maybe the tick like they used to wear for their silver clash a few years ago) but it still looks good. Clean and to the point.

As for a next team... Port Adelaide?

I think the word "Melbourne" doesn't really need to be on there. If anything I reckon the demon's head can fit nicely into the bottom of the chevron.

Hmmm, thanks for the feedback; I'll sit on those thoughts and revisit and revise Melbourne sometime in the future. In the meantime, though, I'm still working on getting Port ready to post. Between putting in more hours at work, the Winter Olympics, and now footy having finally returned, I've had a lot less free time, but I'll still get this done, even if it takes a bit longer than before!

Port Adelaide's another one where I feel like I might want to make a second attempt after some feedback. I'm not completely satisfied with it, though I do like it, but I'm also not sure what else to do. On the other hand, maybe it is a good set after all, and I've just looked at it for so long that I've started second-guessing it.

I went with teal as the primary color and silver as the secondary color, even though the Power have always worn mostly black, purely because I find myself drawn to teal as a unique color in sports. The third jersey is meant to reference both their current jumper, and also the prison bars. I really wanted to include a nod to the prison bars somewhere, but if there's a consensus that it just doesn't look good from a purely aesthetic standpoint, I'm open to dropping it and just basing the third off of their black V jumper. So, thoughts?

PortAdelaideHome_zps8567e2f3.png

PortAdelaideAway_zps12b26e61.png

PortAdelaideAlt_zpse0627bed.png

In the meantime,
What team next?

Port Adelaide's another one where I feel like I might want to make a second attempt after some feedback. I'm not completely satisfied with it, though I do like it, but I'm also not sure what else to do. On the other hand, maybe it is a good set after all, and I've just looked at it for so long that I've started second-guessing it.

I went with teal as the primary color and silver as the secondary color, even though the Power have always worn mostly black, purely because I find myself drawn to teal as a unique color in sports. The third jersey is meant to reference both their current jumper, and also the prison bars. I really wanted to include a nod to the prison bars somewhere, but if there's a consensus that it just doesn't look good from a purely aesthetic standpoint, I'm open to dropping it and just basing the third off of their black V jumper. So, thoughts?

PortAdelaideHome_zps8567e2f3.png

PortAdelaideAway_zps12b26e61.png

PortAdelaideAlt_zpse0627bed.png

In the meantime,
What team next?
I love the prison bars, what a unique aspect they are without being too garish so as to detract from the clean design. The home also stands out, such a good looking ice hockey design that could easily have been worn by the Ducks or any other teal based team. The white is also a good design, lovely stuff mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like the prison bars too. One thing I thought you may have gone for, would have been something from the away kits in Port design, like these ones:

Attachments

• prt.png
    prt.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 11
Well. One failed hard drive and nearly a month later, I'm back with some Geelong jerseys! Thankfully, I managed to save all my files and data just in time, and now I'm finally back in action, so let's get right to it.

Three very traditional designs for a team whose look has hardly changed throughout their history. The Swans were the first team to have a white third jersey, and I decided the Cats would be the second. Their jumpers have always had a white base, and I thought that the "old-fashioned" cat logo looked better as a blue logo on a white background; that's the only way I can recall having ever seen it, in fact.

GeelongHome_zps2bc4cbc3.png

GeelongAway_zps78ab4a2e.png

GeelongAlt_zps281cb715.png

What team next?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the Bears! I'm really pleased with how this set turned out, to be honest. Hope everyone else feels the same!

Considering that there are now only four teams left, and that I was just forced to have such an unfortunately long break, I'll go ahead and take the Suns as the next team to keep things moving along.

BrisbaneBearsHome_zps787ee17b.png

BrisbaneBearsAway_zps41d7e80e.png

BrisbaneBearsAlt_zps8540e626.png

Next team: Gold Coast Suns

brisbane bears, fitzroy lions, and university.
Alright, I've got Fitzroy as requested by goalieboy, and then I'll make the next one picked by someone else, since you're the first one to have chosen two, much less two in a row. Thoughts and feedback are, as always, more than welcome!

FitzroyHome_zps10f656e0.png

FitzroyAway_zps15953862.png

FitzroyAlt_zps41d44059.png

What team next?

Thanks for all the kind words, everybody! And I'm always keen to have a project or two for my downtime, chibimatty, so I'd actually been hoping people might be interested in seeing more leagues crossed over after the AFL was done.

The Suns are finished, and I reckon I'll take gaskin's mention of the Dockers as the next team. After that it's just Collingwood and old University; any preferences? (And I'm still planning on revising the Dees, so that'll show up in the near future, too.)

GoldCoastHome_zps30e7e0d3.png

GoldCoastAway_zps88ce84c5.png

GoldCoastAlt_zps976d3257.png

Next team: Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back