Portfolio WLD's AFL Ice Hockey Jerseys (Now with more leagues!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the West Adelaide Bloods would look pretty good on a hockey.....shirt? top? guernsey?

Haha, that'd be a jersey, or if you want to sound fancy, a sweater. I sort of view "jersey" as equivalent to "jumper," and "sweater" as equivalent to "guernsey." The former is the commonly used name now, while the latter is a more traditional term.

Anyways, sounds like Sturt, Port Adelaide, East Freo, and West Adelaide are on my to-do list! I'm going to pass on Modbury for now, unfortunately (sorry, Modbury_Hawk_12), just because there's so many amateur and local leagues and teams out there that I don't really want to open that can of worms until I've worked my way through the SANFL, WAFL, VFL, etc in their entirety. But if the portfolio keeps going beyond that, Modbury'll be the first club I do! :thumbsu:

Yeah, they have a very cool ice-hockey style logo; I wonder if the jersey would be blood-splattered? :p

Hmmm... Careful, I might get ideas! As much as a hate gradients in sports design, I'm debating whether it might be an appropriate "blood-stained" look for West Adelaide. I'll see how it turns out; everything always looks a little different once executed than how you picture it. For example: You don't even want to see the horrendous mess that was my first draft of the Port Magpies! Let's just stick with what I ended up with:

PortAdelaideHome_zps3f739acf.png

PortAdelaideAway_zps6767609c.png

PortAdelaideAlt_zps7321ea1b.png

Coming soon: East Fremantle Sharks, Sturt Double Blues, West Adelaide Bloods

Fantastic as always, although I reckon you could incorporate prison bars into the alternate though.

Fantastic as always, although I reckon you could incorporate prison bars into the alternate though.

My initial idea actually was to have the prison bars "dropping down" from the stripes on the alternate, but it just didn't look right when I did it. It's surprisingly difficult to make vertical stripes look appropriate on a hockey jersey! If I have a brilliant idea on how to incorporate them (because I'd really like to, too!), then I'll post a revision, but I'm focusing most of my energy on getting the other teams done. I'm also having less time to work on these in general, just so you all know to expect a bit more time in between, since I'm getting ready to move in a month! :eek:

I suppose it's one of those things that works on paper but nowhere else.

Thanks, Half Back! Heritage jumpers and heritage jerseys seem to be in vogue on both sides of the Pacific right now.

Well, I wasn't joking about having less time to work on these, but I've finally managed to finish Sturt, so here they are:

SturtHome_zpsdc226443.png

SturtAway_zpscb648687.png

SturtAlt_zpsc1c1389d.png

Coming soon: East Fremantle Sharks, West Adelaide Bloods

Last edited:
Here's the East Fremantle Sharks; check back next month for my next set of designs! :p (Although, considering that that's only about a week away, that actually seems about right, given the chaotic nature of my life at the moment. So, yes, expect West Adelaide in May!)

Like I did in giving the Roosters a black third jersey, I decided that I needed to introduce a third, non-traditional color for the Sharks' alternate, and I decided that gray, being the "realistic" color of many sharks, fit the bill. I was even able to sample the RGB values of a gray East Freo logo that popped up in a Google search, so I felt even better about the decision, and I think it turned out well! It could really work as either a "dark" or a "light" jersey, too, so long as it didn't clash.

EastFremantleHome_zps9d960b5a.png

EastFremantleAway_zps5cd701ac.png

EastFremantleAlt_zpsc2e1765c.png

Coming Soon: West Adelaide Bloods, and the queue for future requests is open!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I said to expect West Adelaide in May... and I kept my word, just barely! If you couldn't tell, certain hobbies have had to take a bit of a back seat in my life in recent weeks, but I'm still working on these things when I can.

To make up for it, I've got a two-fer, but let's start with the Bloods. As I mentioned in a post a little ways up, I was thinking about trying a gradient with them, because even though gradients in sports are terrible, I think that they don't necessarily have to be if they're used infrequently and tastefully. I'd still never want to see one again in the NHL or AFL, but minor leagues can go right ahead, especially on a third jersey.

WestAdelaideHome_zpse81cf3fd.png

WestAdelaideAway_zps758f340b.png

WestAdelaideAlt_zps7f097df5.png

Last edited:
And second, since requests are coming in for teams in all sorts of different leagues, and who am I to say no, I thought I'd go back a bit and start this next set with Modbury_Hawk_12's request. The alternate jersey comes from this photo I found of a pretty recent-looking heritage jumper, while the differently-colored logo just came from an image search of "Modbury Hawks heritage," since I couldn't for the life of me find an image file of that actual double-blue hawk logo.

ModburyHome_zps7de3f798.png

ModburyAway_zpsbe4876d4.png

ModburyAlt_zps83e4646f.png

Coming Soon (And I hope to mean that this time!) : UWS Giants, Swans Academy (I assume you're referring to the Swans' reserve squad in the NEAFL, Bryce_Jersey17?), Penrith Rams, St George Illawara Dragons (with a Steelers heritage jersey), and Melbourne Rebels.

Well, I closed my eyes and threw a dart at my computer screen, so the Penrith Rams are next up. They were a lot of fun; I certainly hope you'll like them!

PenrithHome_zps22051403.png

PenrithAway_zps7d3b2cf1.png

PenrithAlt_zps9376d1ce.png

Coming Soon: UWS Giants, Swans Academy, St George Illawara Dragons (with a Steelers heritage jersey), and Melbourne Rebels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back