Multiplat Wolfenstein New Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished up, terrific game.

Can't believe it went from 'what is this s**t' to turning out as such a brilliant game. Great story too, very well written and structured.

And although, from reading about it, the choice doesn't exactly influence the game all that much it was nice to see your choice pop up in the game sporadically just to make you feel like you made the right decision and have it feel like it does give an impact. I'm sure going through the story again and choosing the other option would show how shallow the change was, but for a first time run it's still a nice way to give some impact to the story.

The soundtrack was also really good too, some great guitar riffs heightening the tension and moments towards the end and especially making the boss fights feel like they were on a really epic scale.

I'm glad that this is one of those games, where there was no focus or resources taken away from the SP to tack on some MP. Especially when there was no call for it either, there's no need for a Wolfenstein game to have MP, so why put it in? Wolfenstein is about the SP, so let's make it all about the SP! And that's what they did and the game turned out to be fantastic because of it.

So far it's sitting as second to Wolf Among Us as one of my favourite games of the year (if TWAU counts), although it could be knocked out by some stellar titles coming later this year, I think Wolfenstein will still manage to be high up towards the end of the year. Ironic that two of my favourite games have Wolf in the title...I guess.

I chose for Fergus to live. Did anyone choose the young soldier and did it make the story any different?
It's worth playing through both decisions - some slightly different things (but doesn't effect the main story).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shortish but def replayable and I never replay games

If it were any longer the pacing would have fallen apart. Glad it knew not to outstay its welcome

Thinking about picking this up at some point since it's getting pretty cheap around the place. What sort of length is the story/campaign?

One of the better games I played last year. I do recommend.

Late to the party on this one, but finished this week.

Woah.

Yeah I wasn't sure at first but by after a few levels I was sold.

Check out the Old Blood as well if you liked it. It's a prequel which is a bit shorter but is much of the same. Quite often goes pretty cheap on PSN sales.

Yeah I wasn't sure at first but by after a few levels I was sold.

Check out the Old Blood as well if you liked it. It's a prequel which is a bit shorter but is much of the same. Quite often goes pretty cheap on PSN sales.

Yeah, I've been looking at the old blood. Will definitely try and pick it up in the near future for a bargain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back