List Mgmt. Woodcock, Lienert and Burgoyne delisted (Mayes to be rookied)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrod Lienert never ever got the chances a lot of players were given and to me had a lot more talent.

Lienert promised a lot but overall just didn't take that next step to cement a spot in the side.

Woodcock just one of those too good for SANFL/not good enough for AFL types but he gave it a good crack for a very late draft pick.

We must have delisted free agent(s) or pick trades lined up.

Yes, we will be playing with a shortened list if do not pickup a couple of DFAs. We have * all tradable picks in this Draft and I see no sense in trading future picks to get into a what is supposed to be a shallow Draft.

As I see it we have 5 slots on our senior list and our first round pick and probably Jase Burgoyne will fill 2 of those which would leave 3 to fill. Maybe a couple of DFAs and we possibly elevate someone from the Rookie List? Is Taj Scofield a chance to be elevated?

I hope we have a cunning plan.

This

Legitimately shocked. Mayes I understand, Woodcock is harsh but understandable, but Lienert wow! When we also have shithouse draft picks it is a huge surprise.

We have what 4 spots available now?

I'd be disappointed if we took more kids at the draft than pick 12, 60 and Burgoyne. Don't want to keep filling the list with late draft kids. Hopefully we have a DFA or 2 in mind.
Id say Lienert is moreso about balancing the list age and positions.

He is too old and in a position of depth to be kept on.

What about Burgoyne???
What we've heard about the remaining uncontracted players.

Motlop - Probable 1 year deal.
Mead - CD mentioned him playing a role next year.
Schofield - Said he'll be fine without dad at the club next year.
McEntee - Likely to be given 1 year deal.
Mayes - Promised to be rookie listed.
Burgoyne - Crickets.

I'm a bit concerned with this unless we improve our draft hand. Our third pick in the draft right is pick 73. Does that really have a better risk/reward than holding on to Lienert?

I dare say Lienert will get a look in elsewhere. We might have courteously euthanised him after no trade offers materialised.

I dare say Lienert will get a look in elsewhere. We might have courteously euthanised him after no trade offers materialised.
Ah true, if this is the case I'm fine with it. I honestly think he is too good to not be on a list next year and hope someone picks him up. His last games at AFL level were all excellent. Will never be a star but is the perfect depth defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit concerned with this unless we improve our draft hand. Our third pick in the draft right is pick 73. Does that really have a better risk/reward than holding on to Lienert?
Will Leek Alleer last til then?

Woodcock joins the Kane Mitchells Sam Colquhoun S Gary Dom Barry Jake Neades of the world - 180cm or lower players too good for sanfl not good enough/not played in their prefered position in the AFL and delisted

Hope Lieno gets a lifeline

Woodcock joins the Kane Mitchells Sam Colquhoun S Gary Dom Barry Jake Neades of the world - 180cm or lower players too good for sanfl not good enough/not played in their prefered position in the AFL and delisted

Hope Lieno gets a lifeline
Too good for SANFL? Neade barely makes a dent in the reserves

I wonder if we are leaving room for the midseason draft hoping some diamonds show up in the Vic leagues. They have played very little the last two seasons in Victoria so surely a couple quality late blooming kids slip through the draft.

That to me seems like the obvious play. They are not going to draft someone at 80 to replace woodcock.

KPD don't grow on trees - he was handy depth. Paul Stewart remained on our list and played valuable games when we had injuries.
Stewart also kicked the winning goal in our comeback win against North in 2012

Stewart also kicked the winning goal in our comeback win against North in 2012

Don't like these delistings. All players played a role this year. We can't be too sentimental but Woodcock has done nothing wrong. Why even draft him if you are going to cut him for basically doing everything right for a pick 70 odd with 2 out 3 years in the system being covid years. Hope they both get another crack and noone cuts our lunch with Mayes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back