PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

What about servers? Any in particular to steer clear of?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Some have massive imbalances when it comes to factions so if you want to play Horde for instance, don't play on Frostmourne. If you want to play Alliance, don't play on Barthilas.

In general I hate Frostmourne (but still play on it cause of IRL friends >.>), and unless you like hanging out with a bunch of * trolls then you might as well steer clear. If you want to PvP seriously though you'll definitely want to play on it.

What about servers? Any in particular to steer clear of?

Server choice depends whether you want to play PvE (Player vs Environment) where players can only engage in combat with each other if they flag themselves or in designated battlegrounds, or PvP (Player vs Player) where outside of designated no combat zones like capital cities all bets are off and you can attack anyone and they can attack you.

For Alliance the top PvP realm populations are Frostmourne by a long distance then Jubei'Thos/Gundrak.
PvE realms Khaz'goroth, Nagrand, Aman'Thul and Saurfang are all similar alliance pops in decending order, but aside from Khaz and Nag their overall populations are very small and have s**t economies.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/oc

Oh also worth noting that all Oceanic realms are linked in sub 90 levelling zones, so the only limitations about playing with friends or anyone you meet across these zones are that you cannot trade/buy/sell cross realm.

Server choice depends whether you want to play PvE (Player vs Environment) where players can only engage in combat with each other if they flag themselves or in designated battlegrounds, or PvP (Player vs Player) where outside of designated no combat zones like capital cities all bets are off and you can attack anyone and they can attack you.

For Alliance the top PvP realm populations are Frostmourne by a long distance then Jubei'Thos/Gundrak.
PvE realms Khaz'goroth, Nagrand, Aman'Thul and Saurfang are all similar alliance pops in decending order, but aside from Khaz and Nag their overall populations are very small and have s**t economies.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/oc

Oh also worth noting that all Oceanic realms are linked in sub 90 levelling zones, so the only limitations about playing with friends or anyone you meet across these zones are that you cannot trade/buy/sell cross realm.
server economy is very much irrelevant though with money being an incredibly small factor in... Anything. One of the boons of a server like Caelestrasz is the vastly noticeable lack of fk wits, although the merger with Nagrand didn't help (I have a particular dislike for Nagrandians).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just downloaded to starter edition to give this a go. Any tips?

Don't rush to level. Sure the endgame is where almost everyone is, but your first time leveling is the best. Everything will be new.

Some have massive imbalances when it comes to factions so if you want to play Horde for instance, don't play on Frostmourne. If you want to play Alliance, don't play on Barthilas.

In general I hate Frostmourne (but still play on it cause of IRL friends >.>), and unless you like hanging out with a bunch of ****** trolls then you might as well steer clear. If you want to PvP seriously though you'll definitely want to play on it.
Hey no bagging out my precious Frosty. :drunk:

Oh and hornetswce addonwise a damn simple mandatory one that you won't have to do anything with but install http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bad-boy , will help cut a huge amount of spam out of general and trade chat for you.

Game finished downloading overnight. Had a look this morning and it seems to run pretty well on my computer. Cant wait to give it a go. Went human warrior as it seemed a safe choice. Was realky tempted to go the panda though haha

Game finished downloading overnight. Had a look this morning and it seems to run pretty well on my computer. Cant wait to give it a go. Went human warrior as it seemed a safe choice. Was realky tempted to go the panda though haha

Going a warrior gives you the flexibility to either tank or dps, which is really handy when you want to cut down wait times or get into groups/raids.

What server did you end up rolling on?

Going a warrior gives you the flexibility to either tank or dps, which is really handy when you want to cut down wait times or get into groups/raids.

What server did you end up rolling on?
Always mained a warrior. I have to say it is in its worst state since Ive been playing right now. Not in terms of dps or usefulness, but the way it plays is just arse atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back