Wow, when are people going to realise We are the Real Deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lamaro_1998

Senior List
Suspended
Feb 16, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
When are people going to realise that this Collingwood team is really going places, I mean I knew Collingwood would win last night, we just looked like winning the whole game.

Finals this year, You bet

How far? well, we will wait and see

Go Pies :thumbsu:

I think its a good thing if people don't think we are the real deal. It took some time to convince everyone last year we were and many tipped us to finish in the bottom 2-4 this year. Who cares. Just shows how ignorant half of the football media are.

When are people going to realise that this Collingwood team is really going places, I mean I knew Collingwood would win last night, we just looked like winning the whole game.

Finals this year, You bet

How far? well, we will wait and see

Go Pies :thumbsu:
Agreed mate.

P.S. sent the game yesterday, only just got back in the country.

You shoulod get it in the next few days.

One of the best things for Collingwood at the moment is that not many rate them, and they're catching people off gaurd. Your youngsters are sensational. From what I've seen so far this year - in terms of raw young talent, speed and skill - it won't be long before we see Brisbane and Collingwood return to the top few. Unfortunately :p

Couldnt give a flying ***** wat others think of us... Us supporters know just how good we are, and at the moment everyones on board because we know this side is going places. Whether it be this year or 2 years down the track we are genuine top 4 material, hopefully we can go all the way.

no doubt the pies have a making of a good team, and some good youngsters i was very impressed with Thomas, Shaw and Maxwell

but its only what....Rd. 6 !!!

dont get too far ahead of yourselves, yes its good to have such expectation and form that is great at the present time..... but this can all fall in a hole just ask us crows fans about last season.....

Couldnt give a flying ***** wat others think of us... Us supporters know just how good we are, and at the moment everyones on board because we know this side is going places. Whether it be this year or 2 years down the track we are genuine top 4 material, hopefully we can go all the way.

Collingwood are in a very similar situation to where Port was last year. Injuries forcing younger players in, who are taking it by the scruff of the neck. Whether you are Top 4 this year is debatable - we'll see where you end up - but I have no doubt that your youngsters will ensure consistent finals appearances from 2008 onwards. No question.

All you guys make me sick!

I was on here under a differnt name at the start of the season & made a statement to the effect, that we have the best list that our club as had in 20 years!

I said we will make the 8 & with a good run of injuries top 4!

I got laughed at by the same people writing crap now & that included MARK T, LOCKYER 24, FIRESTORM, JABSO (Moderator..lol)

Stop being Mike Sheehan, ROb Walls experts that jump on when things are going great & then jump off when they dont!

This might be harsh, but most of you guys have no idea about the GAME OF FOOTY!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a completely unrelated matter how is that Tarrant trade looking for Freo now?

Not quite as close to a flag as they thought

In a completely unrelated matter how is that Tarrant trade looking for Freo now?

Not quite as close to a flag as they thought
Tarrant is going ok today though. Has kicked 3.3 so far and handed one off to Pav.

Hate to spoil the partay, however teams we've beaten:

Richmond - Crap
Adelaide - Injuries, but still a good side, and away from home
Kangaroos - They should've beaten us
Essendon - No good in the past few weeks

Lost to West Coast (played well tho, away from home)
Lost to Port Adelaide at Home (outclassed in the last qtr)

Don't start the team bus just yet, but the signs are certainly promising.

yeah i think there should be some caution before we start saying the real deal...though so far the signs are pretty good...and we still have a number of best 22 players to return and we definitly can improve in our kicking. I think we have played our worst game in round 1, and since then we have improved each week. But having said that....just dont jump the gun yet...it is after all round 6 not round 18...but i hope im proved wrong and we do make top 4 it would be quite sweet!! Go Pies!!

Top 8 atm:
WCE (24)
PORT (16)
BRIS (16)
COLL (16)
HAW (16)
SYD (12)
ADE (12)
ESS (12)

We've played 4 of the other 7: only have lost, marginally, to the top 2. Should have spanked the ADE and ESS, but didnt.
I'd say we're the real deal - not saying we're going to win a flag. But if you don't think the pies are up there this year, then you're kidding yourself. To be honest, i dont think anyone is the real deal if we're talking comparisons to West Coast though...

All you guys make me sick!

I was on here under a differnt name at the start of the season & made a statement to the effect, that we have the best list that our club as had in 20 years!

I said we will make the 8 & with a good run of injuries top 4!

I got laughed at by the same people writing crap now & that included MARK T, LOCKYER 24, FIRESTORM, JABSO (Moderator..lol)

Stop being Mike Sheehan, ROb Walls experts that jump on when things are going great & then jump off when they dont!

This might be harsh, but most of you guys have no idea about the GAME OF FOOTY!

Show me the thread and if there is anything I said that was wrong I will apologise

We won interstate last year aswell..what makes you think we are Top 4 certainties?

Still a long way to go but things are looking good at present I am waiting until after the break, it seemed as if we died for a period there last year. I am just a bit worried, that it may happen again, not to say it wil I am just waiting it all out.

I am very impressed with the young guys in the team, as well as I was impressed with Leon Davis last night, and Lockyer, Fraser, Cloke(apart from his kicking at goal..) not forgetting anyone else..

I hope we can keep it together but at present it's really looking good.

Long season.. keep a lid on it
I got to agree here. We're a lousy 6 rounds in and this time last year we were 5-1 and won 4 of our next 6.

As good as were playing now I'm really hoping we have yet to hit our peak. Really want to see us play good footy in September.

We were considered the real deal last year up until round 10 and look where it got us. We won't be considered the real deal until we start performing in finals.

Hate to spoil the partay, however teams we've beaten:

Richmond - Crap
Adelaide - Injuries, but still a good side, and away from home
Kangaroos - They should've beaten us
Essendon - No good in the past few weeks

Lost to West Coast (played well tho, away from home)
Lost to Port Adelaide at Home (outclassed in the last qtr)

Don't start the team bus just yet, but the signs are certainly promising.

Who are the good teams...? It seems to be a very ordinary comp really. If Geelong keep their form...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back