WrestleMania Favourites

Remove this Banner Ad

there is no ******* way 27 is worse than 4, 9, 11 or 15, at least. 13 would be right up there if it didnt have one of the best wwf matches ever on it. 1 is obviously hugely important, but its a pretty big pile of s**t and 2 might be even worse.

Have you ever attended WM? No, but I finally have the money to do it. I didn't have enough to do it this year, and didn't really want to anyway, because I was always looking at Dallas thinking it'd be 'Taker's retirement, and that they'd do something really special (Austin or Michaels related) to try and pack a 100k stadium. Depending on work stuff I'd love to go next year - if I can't get the leave, Wrestlekingdom is a much better time of year, so I might do that and wait a few more years for WM.

First WM you watched? After becoming a fan? I used to watch whatever videos I could find, so I didn't watch it live obviously - but it was WM 9. And even as a 10 year old Hulkamaniac, I friggen hated that he was able to just wander out and steal the belt, because with the way that Yokozuna won it, in my head it was still Hart's belt.

Favourite PPV? Wrestlemania 19 is underrated not only as a Wrestlemania, but as a PPV. It boggles my mind that people say 17 was the best. 17 has a lot of hype as the best, but in reality WM 19 is a much better show from top to bottom. Honorable mention goes to WM 10 - go out of your way to watch this if you haven't seen it.

Least Favourite PPV? The recent WMs from 26-29 were all incredibly underwhelming, and kind of run together for me. But it's probably one of them. 15 is probably under rated for how shithouse it is though.

Favourite Top 5 Matches? This is really hard - and would probably change day to day anyway.

5. Savage vs Steamboat (WM 3 - people who mark this down because the whole match is scripted are weird. I don't think about all the rehearsals and dud takes in Breaking Bad - why should I care if these guys eliminated the risk of poor chemistry and a dud match?)

4. Michaels vs Razor Ramon (WM 10)

3. Michaels vs Flair (WM 24 - SOOOO under rated. The match, the emotion, the crowd, the drama, the build up - this was as perfect as I've seen any match/storyline combination in the last 10 years.)

2. Hart vs Austin (WM 14)

1. Angle vs HBK (WM 21)

Some honourable mentions that I would've loved to include: Bret vs Owen (WM 10), HBK vs Jericho (WM 19), Angle vs Guerrero (WM 20), Punk vs Undertaker (WM 29, the last great Undertaker match we'll ever see), HHH vs Bryan (WM 30)

Favourite Moments? Vinnie Mac's bloodied, crazed face appears from beneath ring level vs Hogan; Macho Man and Liz reunite; Y2J low blows HBK after the amazing match and emotional hug; "I'm sorry, I love you"; Black dude's eyes nearly pop out of his head when the streak ends; the crowd goes ape-s**t for Bryan winning the title.

Least favourite moments? I added another category! A lot of these will be injury related, but anyway...

Hogan beats Yokozuna; Austin turns heel; Twice in a lifetime; Brock Lesnar nearly dies landing on his head; Undertaker nearly dies landing on his head; Shelton Benjamin nearly dies landing on his head; Kid Rock plays what feels like a 25 minute set; various Playboy cross-promotional bullshit; Santino wins a divas battle royal.

Have you ever attended WM? 3 times. was thinking about going this year but decided not to. will probably go next year.

First WM you watched? 14 i think

Favourite PPV?
hmm...maybe 19

Least Favourite PPV?
covered above. but to name just one, i think i might go with 15 because, as mentioned in the previous post, it doesnt get the recognition it deserves as a piece of s**t.

Favourite Top 5 Matches?

savage vs steamboat
hart vs austin
bret vs owen
hart vs piper
savage vs flair

Favourite Moments?
streak ending. bryan winning. benoit and guerrero at 20 (at the time).

27, 28 and 30
My condolences, my condolences and I hate you so ******* much for witnessing that live.

In that order. At least you saw Taker vs HHH x2

aside from hhh hitting the tombstone on taker (i didnt buy in to the whole 'hhh will use his POLITKAL POWERZ~! to win' nonsense that the internet was full of before the show, but they had me for a second with that and it was a legit mark out moment) and rock and austin i didnt remember anything about 27 a couple of years later when i watched it. not a very good event but theres a couple of decent matches on there.

my most vivid memory of 28 is having one of the support posts that were dressed up as a palm tree blocking my view of literally half the ring:drunk: until i went to summerslam 2013, probably my favourite wrestling thing from my trips was raw the night after 28 with lesnar returning and bryan being just about the most over guy on the night despite not being on the show until the dark match.

when youre there you kind of dont even notice (or care) how good the show is, especially the first time.

30 though...i should probably put that as my favourite, entirely out of the bias of being there and having been a bryan fan for a decade (and being at summerslam when he got screwed). not since eddy in 2003 and benoit at wm20 have i been so emotionally involved in wrestling and its neck and neck with being at the 2009 and 2011 grand finals in terms of my favourite events ive attended and memories i have. plus the streak. i was being mr smarky smark as was all "hes going to kick out of three f5s? thats a bit over the toWHATTHE*WHATTHE*WHATTHEFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

Watching WrestleMania I for the first time. 82 minutes in.

This started early in the afternoon! Saw a clock in the crowd and the minutes matched up. Ring ropes are super loose. Never heard of David Sammartino. Think he's only wrestling because of his dad. Lord Alfred Hayes is a truly awful Renee Young. He's so bad. The production values are s**t and the show is very dated.

This started early in the afternoon! Saw a clock in the crowd and the minutes matched up. Ring ropes are super loose. Never heard of David Sammartino. Think he's only wrestling because of his dad. Lord Alfred Hayes is a truly awful Renee Young. He's so bad. The production values are s**t and the show is very dated.

who would have thought that a show from 1985 would look like crap in 2018?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a pretty crap WrestleMania but better than the 2nd one. David Sammartino was pretty much brought in because Vince wanted Bruno to come out of retirement at the time and was pretty much a jobber or "enhancement talent" whenever he wasn't teaming up with Bruno. He also went off script by deliberately losing to a jobber without providing any offence so he could get out of his WWF contract.

IM4fway.jpg

Really?! Had no idea when the commentators were telling me this was better than basketball finals and the World Series.

The Lapsed Fan Podcast has a really good review of every Wrestlrmania and ads a bit more flavour to grinding in through all those shows

They seem pretty good. If it was a year ago I'd listen to their massive podcasts as I go but I'm doing this big watch because I'm going to WrestleMania for the first time in 10 weeks (and having not been to the US since being a little kid that is weird to type). Not sure I'll get all 33 done by then even without distractions haha.

19 minutes in to WrestleMania 2. Rented this from the video shop when I was 13 or 14 but remember * all besides it being in 3 arenas. It certainly looks straight up better than the first. Better lighting and more of a flow. Some film actress I don't know (guessing her star faded long, long ago) is doing the commentary with Vince McMahon in New York.

Randy Savage is a heel in this match I believe? WWE PR history never makes him look like the bad guy :p

Have you ever attended WM? Nah.

First WM you watched? 22.

Favourite PPV? X-7.

Least Favourite PPV? Hmmmm. 27?

Favourite Top 5 Matches?
1. Michaels vs. Taker 25
2. TLC 2
3. Rock vs. Austin X-7
4. Edge vs. Mick Foley 24
5. Berg vs. Lesnar 33

Have you ever attended WM? Nope

First WM you watched? 1

Favourite PPV? 20

Least Favourite PPV? 9

Favourite Top 5 Matches?
HHH vs HBK vs Benoit
Steamboat vs Savage
Savage vs Warrior (retirement match)
Hart vs Austin (I quit Match)
Hart vs HBK (iron man match) Hart was screwed!

Honourable mentions to HBK vs undertaker x2 HBK vs Flair, Angle vs Guerrero, TLC with Hardy’s vs Dudley’s vs edge and Christian.

Favourite moments savage/miss Elizabeth reunion, the double turn between Hart and Austin, HBK mouthing I’m sorry, I love you to Flair, the Benoit/Guerrero celebration at 20, the spear from Edge

Have you ever attended WM? - Yes been two Metlife and Dallas

First WM you watched? - WM 17

Favourite PPV - WM 17

Least favourite PPV - Wrestlemania 16 year 2000

Top 5 matches
Taker vs Michaels
Taker vs Triple H
Austin vs Rock
TLC 2
Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle

Favourite moment
I would say being there to watch the Taker entrance at Metlife stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back