WT Races 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Difficult ITT tonight:

profile-09.jpg

Just enough flat to help the power guys get a good lead on the climbers, and then a climb of approximately 10k @ 9-10%. This is wide open:

Frank
Da Costa +13
Kreuziger +23
Pinot +44
Mollema +46
TJVG +1.17

Honestly all those guys are a sniff, but Da Costa and TJVG look the most likely to me to take the GC, with Pinot a good shot for third.

He absolutely smashed it. I'm guessing Movistar will be backing Valverde, but Costa would be a top 10 lock if he didn't have to ride for someone else at the Tour. Mollema also put in a really strong performance to force a podium position. TJVG looked awful on the climb, bad news for his Tour aspirations. A winning ride last night may have forced BMC's hand.

He absolutely smashed it. I'm guessing Movistar will be backing Valverde, but Costa would be a top 10 lock if he didn't have to ride for someone else at the Tour. Mollema also put in a really strong performance to force a podium position. TJVG looked awful on the climb, bad news for his Tour aspirations. A winning ride last night may have forced BMC's hand.
I wasn't that impressed with TJVG in the whole tour, not convinced on his elite climbing ability.

With Quintana as well Movistar could be very dangerous come tour time!

Andy + Frank are a package deal and I heard that it was Frank that didn't sign with the old management team.
Yes they are a package deal, but Frank didnt sign with the old management because they didn't offer him a contract. Andy had come out and basically said they would both find a new team. Now that Trek have offered Frank a contract, all is well again.

Tour of Poland starts this weekend and they've got some decent names and stage profiles.

Henao, Uran and Wiggins from Sky, Nibali, Scarponi, Frank, Thor etc.

4 out of 7 stages appear to be uphill or mountain top finishes.

Tour of Poland starts this weekend and they've got some decent names and stage profiles.

Henao, Uran and Wiggins from Sky, Nibali, Scarponi, Frank, Thor etc.

4 out of 7 stages appear to be uphill or mountain top finishes.
A few riders backing up after Le Tour as well.

Astana the team to beat IMO, they have a really strong team; Nibali, Tiralongo, Kangert, Grivko, Agnoli, Vanotti.

Would love to see Turbo take out the ITT, but it might just be a tad hilly for him, so it will play into the hands of Wiggo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry this might be a bit off topic, but does anyone know any bookies that offer odds on these smaller races? A lot of them only do the spring classics and GTs

first two stages are in i dolomiti en Italia. :)

The 2nd stage features 3 top cat climbs in the last 70km, finishing at the top of the beautiful climb of the passo pordoi where there is a monument to Fausto Coppi. It's about 2240m too so at least 200m higher than anything they just did in France.
Confused me at first. When I first looked at Steephill I read it as the first 2 stages being ITT's, when in fact it was just denoting the country the race was in (IT)

Sorry this might be a bit off topic, but does anyone know any bookies that offer odds on these smaller races? A lot of them only do the spring classics and GTs
Not sure, but if you find one, let me know ;)

I know for certain that Sportsbet and bet365 don't.

Confused me at first. When I first looked at Steephill I read it as the first 2 stages being ITT's, when in fact it was just denoting the country the race was in (IT)

:D

That part of the world has some beaut climbs. Italy's best granfondo goes over the Pordoi amongst other great Dolomite climbs too - Maratona dles Dolomiti. If anyone goes to do La Marmotte in France - annual sportiff completing the loop starting in Bourg d'oisans going over Glandon, Galibier, and up Alpe d'Huez - or the etape du tour, they should make sure they do the Maratona which is held at end of June. and like the Tour of Italy this year, the Maratona was also affected by the cold...........at the end of June!!

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...-riding-the-maratona-dles-dolomites-2013.html

Not sure, but if you find one, let me know ;)

I know for certain that Sportsbet and bet365 don't.

Just found some odds on sportsbet. S Henao 5.00, T Kangert 6.00, L L Sanchez 7.00, V Nibali 9.00, R Majka 10.00. Also interesting to note that Froome is at 1.50 for TdF 2014

What's Nibali's fitness like? Is he still building it up after resting up from the Giro? You'd think he's a fair chance if that, or if this is just a race to build up for later in the season.

What's Nibali's fitness like? Is he still building it up after resting up from the Giro? You'd think he's a fair chance if that, or if this is just a race to build up for later in the season.
In terms of? He was great at the Giro, took the Tour off, so he'll be ready to go for this next batch of races I'd say.

Superb odds at those prices, unless I'm missing something.

In terms of? He was great at the Giro, took the Tour off, so he'll be ready to go for this next batch of races I'd say.

Superb odds at those prices, unless I'm missing something.

This could merely be a form/fitness race for him and he won't be chasing overall, after a long injury layoff. Not saying it's the case this time, it happens though, hence the low odds.

His fitness could be down also, because it's his first race returning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back