Xmas shopping

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to buy for one person only. However that one person could be male or female, a close relative or someone I hardly know (or possibly don't know at all or have never met) and can be of any age from 20 to 75yo. Unisex Kris Kringle (hopefully they aren't including kids in this otherwise the age group is from 1 to 75yo).

I liked it much better when I just had to buy for one named person. Any suggestions?

Bought gifts for my dad, brother, nanny, boyfriend, family KK, work KK, a group present for my work friends and presents for 2 of my friends. Just bought mum a big present for her 60th and she doesn't want anything else, so I didn't end up getting her anything for Christmas. Overall spend last year was a lot more.

Braving the crowd shouldn't be a problem so long as you have a clear plan about what you're buying and where you are buying it from. For many that I know however it's finding a car park spot that's the major issue. Not so much a problem for me (foot falcon) but so easy to lose an hour trying to get in and out.
Parking near the car park exit to the road (or even better parking outside the shopping centre altogether) and walking a little further > parking near the elevator so you only need to walk 3 metres, but spend 4 hours getting out of the car park.

Thankfully Christmas seems to have gotten a lot more sensible over the years. The days of being almost compelled to buy presents for everyone you know are long gone.

I must admit I leave the thinking part to the missus. Happy to go with her and pay for the stuff. But all care and no responsibility.

There's nothing quite like the relief I feel when she says it's all done with for another year.

If I'm going to do that much walking back and fourth, struggling to find direction one point to the next and become increasingly pissed off as the day goes on and on and on, I'd rather play 18 holes.

If I'm going to do that much walking back and fourth, struggling to find direction one point to the next and become increasingly pissed off as the day goes on and on and on, I'd rather play 18 holes.

The women I work with bought all their Christmas presents on the internet - during work hours - and had them all delivered to our office. There was stuff arriving day after day after day.

The women I work with bought all their Christmas presents on the internet - during work hours - and had them all delivered to our office. There was stuff arriving day after day after day.

Great idea. Also a productive use of work time considering half the sh*& you seemingly have to do this time of year makes no difference anyway.

Great idea. Also a productive use of work time considering half the sh*& you seemingly have to do this time of year makes no difference anyway.

True. The hardest thing some days leading up to Christmas is looking busy when you have f/a to do. Thank God for the internet :thumbsu:

Some weird units getting around Chaddy today.

Went to depart from the carpark, and accidentally took a wrong turn which sent us to the top level, no biggie, but a couple that were walking to their car told me to wait for them as they were leaving. Awkwardly drove off unable to tell them I was actually trying to leave, feeling like a prick in the process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back