Social Science Do you return your shopping cart?

Do you return your shopping cart?

• Yes

Votes: 34 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I do it coz it’s easier than putting the kids in the car. I slowly wheel it back and by the time I return all the shopping, kids and s**t are loaded. (By the missus of course, not some bum I pay at the carpark)

People who don’t put their trollies away are on the same level of a-hole as people who don’t pick up their dog poo.

One of those small things that separates human society from the animal kingdom. Those who don't belong in the wild as far as I'm concerned.

Yep. My first real job was working at Woolies as a cashier and trolley boy, and it used to s**t me trying to pull the campaigners out of bike racks or wrangle loose ones in the carpark, or even down the street.

People who can't return a trolley are animals.

And don't give me the whole, "if I returned my trolley, the trolley collector wouldn't have a job". In almost all supermarkets the trolley collector is just someone from the store who's doing it when they have a bit of free time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. My first real job was working at Woolies as a cashier and trolley boy, and it used to s**t me trying to pull the campaigners out of bike racks or wrangle loose ones in the carpark, or even down the street.

People who can't return a trolley are animals.

And don't give me the whole, "if I returned my trolley, the trolley collector wouldn't have a job". In almost all supermarkets the trolley collector is just someone from the store who's doing it when they have a bit of free time.
Sounds like you were dealing with wild trolleys that hadn't had much human interaction

I'll be honest. It's about 70% yes, 30% no for me. If I don't return them, I leave them in the garden beds or near the shopping center entrances rather than in the car park.

I like to place them in ponds to help provide shelter for fish and other wildlife, directly behind other people's cars so they can easily use them to help load their boots, and in vacant car park spaces so shoppers can conveniently have a trolley ready when they park.

Here, you need to put a Euro or 50 cents in every cart anywhere, so it's very very rare you see them hanging around solo. You also have to supply your own shopping bags, or buy them in the supermarket. It's been this way for the entire 10 years I've been here.
I remember when I was a kid, you needed a dollar coin to unlock them at Coles. Don't really understand why they did away with it.

I used to have a housemate who would walk to the shops and take the trolley home and take it back the next time. He never got stopped.

But to answer your question, yes I do.

Back