Work & Education you pick one's spelling and grammar thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any verdict on 'shedule' or 'skeduel' yet, SC?
No. Like a lot of things, I say I'm going to do them but never get 'round to it.

Apparently shed-ule is British and sked-ule American, but I can't confirm, it was just from a grammar forum discussion.

No. Like a lot of things, I say I'm going to do them but never get 'round to it.

Apparently shed-ule is British and sked-ule American, but I can't confirm, it was just from a grammar forum discussion.
Yes that's what I said! Plus US pronunciation of skedule is considered as a dialect pronunciation. Shedule is correct, because of the root language it comes from.

Yes that's what I said! Plus US pronunciation of skedule is considered as a dialect pronunciation. Shedule is correct, because of the root language it comes from.

All true, Kitty, but often the fight against Americanisms and American pronunciation has proved to be akin to p***ing against the wind. And this will probably continue to be the case.

All true, Kitty, but often the fight against Americanisms and American pronunciation has proved to be akin to p***ing against the wind. And this will probably continue to be the case.
Very true Fred! Example = Teri's comments :rolleyes:

It's nearly as bad as idiots calling NRL 'Rugby' :p :D

But it is Rugby. Call it what you like, but the fact that NRL stands for National Rugby League is good enough reason for md to call it Rugby!

*goes and hides*
pssst!!! PSSSSTTTT!!!!!
Quick!! In here, Strangled!! There's room for two!
(Don't disturb the strategically placed cobweb! She'll never find us!!)
dark_hiding_place_by_m922-d7qeyh8.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you Catholic or Jewish? Where did the guilt come from?

I think it was a complement™ to you both. Wasn't it?
lol. The guilt came from months of abuse in the OT thread for my 'mishaps' with the English language :p
Is it any wonder I feel guilty when someone mentions my name in association with a spelnig or grammatical error? :rolleyes:
I blame you and SquishyKitty

EDIT- If it was a complement®, I shall retire gracefully to the chook pen :)

But it is Rugby. Call it what you like, but the fact that NRL stands for National Rugby League is good enough reason for md to call it Rugby!

*goes and hides*
But it is simply wrong!

AFL stems from Rugby, AFL has League in its name, it's a national game, would you call it League? No! It's like saying Irish are all Catholics! Or telling an Irish Catholic they're Protestant!

It is very simply wrong to call NRL 'Rugby' - you may as well say all white people are English! There are four football codes + calling them by the wrong name is just pure ignorance! Saying NRL has rugby in it doesn't make it right to call it Rugby. Just as calling AFL 'League' (which is NRL) doesn't make it right because it has league in it. Your argument is stupid! If I called you a Queenslander would that be wrong? No! Based on your argument Australia has Queensland in it, so you must be a Queenslander. For people who think they know about sport, I really can't comprehend how you can call footy codes by the wrong name?

*goes and hides*
It is NOT Rugby! Rugby is Rugby Union FFS! Just Google it!

lol. The guilt came from months of abuse in the OT thread for my 'mishaps' with the English language :p
Is it any wonder I feel guilty when someone mentions my name in association with a spelnig or grammatical error? :rolleyes:
I blame you and SquishyKitty

EDIT- If it was a complement®, I shall retire gracefully to the chook pen :)
So we're both neurotic about typos? Cause we NEVER make spelling or grammar errors ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back