Young Carlton Professionals (YCP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok... professional opinion as a web developer.

It takes too long to load the pages. Having a look at the source code, who ever did this deserves to be taken out the back and slapped silly. They have 22 linked stylesheets. They are overriding part of one stylesheet with a in-page style tag.

They are using a base of wordpress with a custom design that is trying to do to much (and I am still waiting to see what it looks like in IE because it is taking forever to load).

Their mobile version sucks. It looks like a bunch of people sat around with a whole collection of ideas that they all wanted in the site and somehow they managed to shoehorn them all in.

And finally, after two reloads, IE has finished loading their about YCP page. Worked out what as well... they are using a flash driven background that doesnt seem to degrade nicely in IE if something utensils up. The flash has different opacity and sized balls floating around in the background.

If they lost that and just had a nice clean website with minimal styles, then it would be all good for them.

They get a 7.5 for layout, but the flash in IE drops them down to a 4.5 overall. For professionals, they are using kiddie designing skills. I'm not very impressed.

Browsers Used:
Firefox 28
Chrome 34
IE 10

Screen resolutions of 1600x900 and 1920x1080

As someone both old and unprofessional, I deplore this development.

Their website looks fine. BUT they've gone for a bandwidth-heavy design on a shared server, which means it just took over a minute to initially load for me. Yes, caching solves this somewhat, but you don't want people waiting a minute for your site to load the first time they visit it. Oh, look, an internal server error on the about page.

What are we talking about again?

As someone both old and unprofessional, I deplore this development.

Their website looks fine. BUT they've gone for a bandwidth-heavy design on a shared server, which means it just took over a minute to initially load for me. Yes, caching solves this somewhat, but you don't want people waiting a minute for your site to load the first time they visit it. Oh, look, an internal server error on the about page.

What are we talking about again?
That would be their badly linked flash plug in...

Can someone find another picture of Rod Austin's daughter?

georgie-austin.jpg

/InlovingmemoryofTheForTheBoysthread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked terrible on my work computer - using IE.

Regardless - at the end of the day, they are a group of people who all support Carlton and probably make some financial contribution to the club. As long as they dont influence football decisions, they can do what they want.
There's your problem. ;)
On topic though, it's much the same as most other coterie style groups.

Please note: personal attacks in this thread will not be tolerated.

I am not keen for this thread to follow the same path as the thread on TC.

You abuse a poster, you'll be infracted for it.
bring it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back