Youngsters That You Like and Rate

Remove this Banner Ad

I am surprised that we are 4 pages in, and as far I could see, no-one has mentioned McIntosh from the Roos.
Some say he would be leading their B&F right now?

Josh's old man wasn't that quick either - but having said that, if he has half the heart and grit that John (Kennedy) had he'll become an awesome player.

I believe that Roughie and Kennedy will come good. Every player develops differently. Would also be great to see Travis (Tuck) play like his old man did.

i think they are talking about the carlton version of josh kennedy son :p

I am surprised that we are 4 pages in, and as far I could see, no-one has mentioned McIntosh from the Roos.
Some say he would be leading their B&F right now?

i agree. hes been the no 1 reason why they are suddenly looking like a finals prospect after being tipped for the spoon. probably the most improved player in the comp at the moment.

i also reckon young polo from the tiges, while being a bit up and down this year, will eventually play his fair share of games for them.

Patrick Ryder ( Will easily be best from the 2005 draft), Cheynee Stiller, Matt Rosa, Scott Pendlebury, Tommy Hawkins, Richard Douglas, Nick Malceski, Joel Selwood, Nathan Ablett etc.

Jed Adcock, Justin Sherman, Marc Murphy, Scott Pendlebury, Alwyn Davey, Paddy Ryder, Bachar Houli, Joel Selwood, Matthew Campbell And Nathan Foley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McLean is older than alot of the players listed here, so I don't know if he really is a youngster anymore. Especially since he;s the only one listed to be the determining factor in a final.

if by daylight you mean 2-3 years then yeah :D - seriously though i saw Franklin play a praccy match in his first year, went and told my mate right away they had an absolute GUN. Athletic FREAK wont be the last 9 goal game he plays.
The game at Princes Park? I came away thinking the same thing, just had that aura.

hehe, my bad. ..:eek:

one of the dangers of being a one-eyed hawk.;)
I hear ya, brother:(

Young players (outside Hawthorn) I rate include: Pendlebury, Ryder, Hughes, Selwood, Davey, McIntosh, McLean, Thomas, Rosa, Murphy etc.

No need to mention my own teams players, but here are a few I enjoy watching go about their craft.

Shaun Higgins: Make no mistake, this kid is the goods.

Scott Pendlebury: Has come on sooner than expected, clearly talented with a good work rate.

Harry O'Brien: Is only 21 years old, and plays with the composure of a seasoned campaigner.

Dale Thomas: Plays for show, kicks for dough, I like it.

Hamish McIntosh: This bloke has some serious dedication, runs his arse off the entire game and has decent skills for a big bloke.

Matt Campbell: What a little rippa this bloke is, great goal sneak, whack him in a red spandex suit and he'd get the gig as the Flash.

There is an oscene amount of talented youth in our game right now, I could continue this list for another hour, and might just get back to more later, but i need to eat. :thumbsu:

Adelaide: Knights, Douglas, Griffin

Brisbane: Sherman, Adcock

Carlton: Gibbs

Collingwood: Pendlebury, Reid

Essendon: Jetta, Davey

Fremantle: Warnock

Geelong: Nablett, Varcoe, Selwood

Hawthorn: Franklin, Lewis

Kangaroos: McIntosh (Not a bandwagoner, I was raving about this bloke 2 years ago) :)

Melbourne: Petterd, Jones, Bartram

Port Power: Pearce, Boak

Richmond: Hughes, Edwards, Foley

Saint Kilda: Goose

Sydney: Malceski

West Coast: Butler, Priddis

Western Bulldogs: Higgins

Pendelbury from the Pies is gonna be a really good player.

Davey from the Bombers was brilliant on the weekend in his creativity and defensive pressure. Franklin's game shadowed him but I'd love Davey in our forward line.

Selwood from Geelong is a steal. Top quality midfielder and could turn out to be the pick of the draft (could).

J. Smith from the Roos will be a star. Steal of a father son selection. Has gotten under the radar but will be in the top 4 taken from the Deledio/Franklin draft IMO.

C. Hughes from Richmond looks a likely forward. Shame about his team's form at the moment but he works hard and has a future, although maybe bleak for a few years yet for him.

Hurn from the Eagles is a quality player and will be a starting 18 player after another pre-season in a quality side.

N. Jones from the Dees provides quality inside grunt. Few teams who over looked him (Tigers for example) need exactly his type at the moment. Leg speed gets over hyped and you missed quality players because of it.

From the Hawks:

Young has been a steal from the rookie list, awesome kick.

Lewis is our most consistent midfielder this year and is one of the best in the comp at the moment as an inside player

Franklin has taken the next step

Birchall looks like 100 game player. Adjusted quicker than anyone I've seen at Hawthorn to AFL footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back