Your First Platinum - 1000/1000 Achievment Game

Remove this Banner Ad

I will never forget the day I helped break your Platinum cherry. Blood everywhere.
Yeh, I found it quite disturbing that every time you stuffed up you'd scream "BAD HUTCH" and cut your wrists.

Got the platinum trophy for Catherine making it my 30th.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Cyrax_kBm

fyeah.jpg

Uncharted was my first
Far cry 3 was the easiest,still got one more chapter of walking dead to go, so will soon replace it.
Killzone 3 was my fastest, 2 weeks 1 day (wwe 12 probably shortest actual playtime)
Just cause 2 took me 2 years and 3 months between my first trophy and plat.
So close , Need just one trophy for resident evil 5(war hero) and red dead redemption (how the west was won).
well done on the wipeout plat banana_jim . i just cant beat those challenge rooms in batman to get those plats, everything else is done.

psnprofiles keep some good stats on trophies, down to what day and time you earn them.

I don't play games to the extent that would enable me to get a platinum trophy any more.

Had they existed at the time i would have received one for Tony Hawk 2/3/4 and Underground 1/2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first and only plat was Uncharted 2. I completed it, realised I had just wasted a shitload of time doing it and have never actively tried to plat a game since.

My first and only plat was Uncharted 2. I completed it, realised I had just wasted a shitload of time doing it and have never actively tried to plat a game since.
I only do it if it's fun, is in normal game play and doesn't require grinding (e.g Assassin's Creed 2, Fallout.) Things like Darksiders need not apply.

I haven't platinum'd anything because video games robbed me of an attention span capable of concentrating long enough to complete such a dutiful task.

*Code for: I suck.

Have never gotten platinum on any game. Closest I've come is Assassin's Creed II, where I'm about 90%. Red Dead Redemption is the game I've logged the most amount of time on this generation and I'm sitting on something like 30/95 achievements.

Way too many multiplayer achievements and ain't nobody got time for that. But, I'll definitely echo what was said earlier: if there were trophies in the N64/PS2 era (my peak gaming period) I would've gotten Vice City, Pro Evo 4, THPS, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, DK64, Snowboard Kids (loved that game). Just don't have anywhere near enough time to complete game storylines anymore, let alone grind for trophies.

Like a couple of posts above my first 1000/1000 was on Fight Night 3. I was a bit of a completionist back in the day and from retail games i had 24 or so 1000/1000 from maybe 32-33 games. Couldn't get some of the achievements to some of them like PGR4, Guitar Hero 3 due to difficulty, whilst some were unattainable due to glitches like Mercenaries 2 and NFS:Carbon. Also Burnout Paradise required a camera, which i had but couldn't be bothered finishing off. Was agonizingly close to completing Gears of War 2. Burnout Revenge multiplayer was dead by the time i got the game and i think it was difficult to try and get the remaining 2 achievements (win 40 crash events and 50 races). Dead Rising kept glitching on me too. Had 3 attempts at trying to get the one where you have to answer every call from Otis, but one of the calls never came through every time. And a character i had already killed whilst trying to do the 7 day survivor achievement managed to re-appear out of nowhere after i entered a doorway and kill me straight after i got the 5 day survivor achievement. Gave up on that one after that.

Some of the ones i really enjoyed completing were Left for Dead, Crackdown (The last few orbs were a pain), Dead Space, BioShock, GRID, Fallout 3.

But yeah, some of the time it took a bit of enjoyment out of the game doing another play through of a game to try get an achievement so i packed in that gamertag and started a new one where i wouldn't care as much. Just play for fun these days and whatever achievement i get, i get.

Gears of war 1, The seriously achievement took heaps of online play but it was worth it because the game was great online

Remove this Banner Ad

Back