Your worst Football Injury/** Not an original MF Thread**

Remove this Banner Ad

I guy I played with dislocated his hip - popped the hole thing out of the socked & leg was just flopping around. He was a tough bloke & even with those Morphine whisttles they gave him he was screaming like a banchee for half a game while they tried to get him comfortable to move him to the Ambo.

And never try & pop it back in yourself - the ambo's told us it is apparently common for a nut to get stuck in the socket & by the time they can pop it back out your already lost ya 2nd nut & half ya swimmers for life

I guy I played with dislocated his hip - popped the hole thing out of the socked & leg was just flopping around. He was a tough bloke & even with those Morphine whisttles they gave him he was screaming like a banchee for half a game while they tried to get him comfortable to move him to the Ambo.

And never try & pop it back in yourself - the ambo's told us it is apparently common for a nut to get stuck in the socket & by the time they can pop it back out your already lost ya 2nd nut & half ya swimmers for life
.....i think i just threw up in my mouth......

Been playing for four years, missed 2 games cause of concussion, missed a game cause of bad shins. Never done anything major... Although my uncle tore his hamstring the day after he got offered a contract with Essendon.

Hhhmmm had my worst one on the weekend. Had the usual broken ankles and dislocated fingers over the years but this one takes it for me.

I only split the webbing between my left index finger and middle finger...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39132866@N04/3596000035/in/photostream/

photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39132866@N04/3596004183/in/photostream/

That is sickening :eek:

The most agonizing injury I had was when I slid along the hard, dry ground during a practice match.

It took all the skin off my knees and gave me very bad burns. Healed up relatively quickly and I only missed a week or 2, but I couldn't move my legs.

I had to wear these fake skin type things that relieve you burns. Absolutely horrible.

I never went to ground much after that, so if you want to learn to keep you feet, just have the fear of skinning your knees in your head. :eek:

Probably thew worst most ongoing injury I had was bad achilles tendonopathy. Its a slow onset but it's frustrating because it's so hard to resolve so it plays with your mind.

It basically ended my career at 22.

I played for about 25 years so I have had my fair share of injuries.

Concussions, broken collarbone, fractured wrist, cracked ribs, ligament damage in my pinkie finger, hip strain, hammy strain, quad tear, shin splints, medial ligament x2, minisicus tear, ankle spurs, and as always the corkies week in week out.

But I wouldn't trade the experiences for anything.

Probably thew worst most ongoing injury I had was bad achilles tendonopathy. Its a slow onset but it's frustrating because it's so hard to resolve so it plays with your mind.

It basically ended my career at 22.

I was diagnosed with this about a month ago...management is very frustrating during the middle of a footy season! What did you do to manage the problem?
I'm just icing and gradually progressing with a strength and stretching program, but looking forward to some rest at the end of the season.

I was diagnosed with this about a month ago...management is very frustrating during the middle of a footy season! What did you do to manage the problem?
I'm just icing and gradually progressing with a strength and stretching program, but looking forward to some rest at the end of the season.

Mine actually got to the stage where I needed surgery, but I had cancer at the time so my body wasn't very efficient in it's healing process.

Strengthening by doing eccentric exercises is the best course of action I believe, and lengthening those calfs.

Have torn my rotator cuff in my shoulder, had a stress fracture in my foot. Battled through all last year with sever osteitis pubis which for anyone who has it will no how much of a struggle it is to get up for each game. Ended up missing 10 games last year with it. Rested up over the break and in my 3rd game back this year my knee got twisted in a tackle and i had torn my ACL and meniscus. All this and im still only 18

I've done this injury twice now.
It must happen when I raise my leg too high when kicking the ball or something? :confused:
Both times, I have gone to kick the ball, and once I have kicked it, and reached maximum height in the air with my leg, I hear a loud CLICK which is coming from the joint where my leg and hip connects (see diagram).

upi9579_1.jpg

Afterwards, it hurts to walk on for a bit. Then I can't kick the ball later because lifting the leg in a kicking action f*ckin hurts. Sort of a sharp pain, perhaps the two bones are rubbing, I wouldn't know. Takes a while to fully get over, 7 weeks at the most perhaps (THEN AGAIN BOTH TIMES HAPPENED IN ONE SEASON SO MAYBE I WASN'T FULLY OVER IT)? Any diagnostics?

All you guys trying to say the worst injuries you've had are ones where it hurts to kick for the next few weeks have no idea. Knee recos> all. Try not being able to walk without a limp for the next 4 months.

Concussion like Michael Long/Troy Simmonds 2000 GF

one moment i remember being low to the ground going for the ball the next moment (a few minutes later) i'm hearing someone say 'nah, nah he's gone'

i spent the arvo in hospital not being allowed to go to sleep and having to answer name/date/place questions every 30 minutes for about 4-5 hours -- boring as bat s**t!!

also, one wonders what intellectual heights i may have reached had this event not taken place. pretty obvious Simmonds would have at least a couple of brownlows by now but for Longy's dogact. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not mine but a bloke on the oppositions team on the weekend got tackled and his ankle got caught in a small hole and it just sort of spun all the way around with a crunching noise then the guy on our team who tackled him was sitting there holding it so it didn't flop around yelling for a stretcher.

broke nose and sprained arm in same tackle... was pre brutal.. guess thats what happens when a ruckmen 7 ft tall decides to backhand you and sit on your arm.

I'm 15 but i've had a pretty bad run of injuries over the course of my life.

Torn ACL when i was 8. Was playing an indoor soccer game and one of the opposition players made a horrible two footed dropkick tackle on my knee. Was on the ground in almost no pain, stood up and it went, worst pain i've ever experienced.

Broken and dislocated finger at the same time, fairly painful but nothing compared to relocating it, broke it in three places too.

Torn rotator cuff. Was mucking around with a mate and he flipped me, put my hand out to break my fall and tore the RC.

Four dislocated elbows, had an operation to tighten it up, haven't had much trouble with it since.

At the start of this season (just my second season back from the knee injury) i contracted Osgood Schlatters Disease in both knees, played the whole season in pain, on crutches now for four months until it heals.:(

Pretty shitty start to my sporting life.:p

Well I've topped the dislocation ones I've had in the past. Did it again a couple of weeks back but tore more than I ever have.

Went to tackle a bloke who was coming at me, as I turned my foot slipped in the mud and my knee went inwards. Heard it pop twice. Strained the medial, tore the ligament a little bit in from the medial and tore the meniscus.

Actually come up pretty well considering but won;t be running or walking real well for a long time yet. Hopefully only miss a few rounds at the start of next year, tends to heal pretty well based on past destructions.

Concussion, 2 months out, scans for brain damage, was fun.

As far as everything else, goes, pretty lucky. Never broken any major limbs, a finger or 2, and a few ribs at the most. I felt pretty tough going to the doctors the morning after, and finding out I played 3 quarters with broken ribs. Not exactly Dipper, but I was proud.

I had a funny one last year where I had another not so bad concussion, but my ear was all mangled and cut up from the collision, I though it was really bad cause I had blood coming from my ear, then discovered it was from the cuts, not out of it.

Didn't happen to me, but tackled my best mate playing footy yesterday. His foot must've gotten stuck in the ground or something, because his hip dislocated under me. **** me dead he looked in agony.:(:thumbsdown:

My body is ruined.

At 15 I got told id never play again because my growth plates in my hips had slipped out of place, required screws in both sides. ended up missing a year. Apparently happens to 7 in 100,000 people.

2 years later tore my hammy off the bone, absolute agony. the medic at our club goes slap some ice on it and youll miss a few weeks, missed another full year.

This year Torn ACL. probably the least minor of the three to be honest.

I just turned 20 so ive had a stiff run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back