Usage for hash tag: 6,

1. T

Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

...the FC scene and England is the place where he would be most suited to test cricket. I think Marsh will get first crack as an all rounder batting #6, but if he struggles I wouldn't be surprised to see Neser come in at #7 with Paine #6. I don't think that's a great option given our brittle...
  2. Pykie

Review 2019 AFL National Draft

...like Collingwood on the run in. We it's likely we end up with pick #5, an outside chance of pick #4 imo. I don't see us ending up with pick #6, unless GC get awarded a before first round PP (Unlikely), I think St Kilda wins 3 more games for the year and the we aren't overtaking the Dogs...
  3. T

World Cup Australia Squad Review

...of the future he is still young(ish) and is more likely to develop into a genuine top 6 batsmen, then a top 4 bowler. He might be batting #5 and #6, but he's the perfect #7 at the moment IMO. It does feel like he could really come of age as a test batsmen at any time and if he can improve his...
  4. Howard Littlejohn

Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

...is important, as missing a chance probably won't cost as much. Most keepers have good hand-eye co-ordination and good footwork, so are rarely batting bunnies to begin with. If we picked a batsman at #6, rather than trying to unearth a Sobers type, the batting of #7 might not be so important.
  5. DaRick

World Cup Day 31 Australia v New Zealand @ Lords

This game had more than a few echoes of the 2003 WC game - NZ had us on the ropes early, our lower order scrape a total above 200, then our main strike bowler (Lee/Starc) blasts out the opposition. I still don't think we're WC favourites, but this is ominous for opponents. Also smart captaincy...
  6. C

How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

If the best player in each of these drafts so happened to be drafted with pick 6, do you think it would hold more value than pick 1? Picks are a commodity and regardless of the players obtained with them, their value remains consistent to the order they sit. Astute drafting is not mutually...
  7. SunGirl89

Matildas The Matildas and the 2019 Women's World Cup Thread

Are they though? 25% of the teams are ranked lower than Thailand. Thailand are 29, Jamaica is the worst at 53. Let’s see how we do against the lowest ranked team at the World Cup. Australia are #6, if we can’t win by at least 4 goals then Sam Kerr can suck on it.
Back