Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Further to my last post, I was informed that Ethan Johnson and Boyington are also leaving Rokewood. Combined with a clearance request from D Martin and that would make nearly 7 to 8 senior players from last year departing the club. This is a big gap to fill. They will need to do a lot of recruiting to make up the gap.

Also, has anyone got any info on why Wymess signed with Illabarook last year and then signed with CL this year?

Augustine has been training with East Point I heard. I think Blackford, McNamee and Fullford are much bigger losses to last year's team than Augustine. I won't go writing them off yet. Still top 3 in my opinion.
I agree biff they will definatly be top 3, i think the top 5 will be a lot closer than everyone thinks this year, besides C/L it looks like Rokewood and Skipton have lost a few and it is yet to be seen whether there new players can fill the gaps and the sides under them look to be recruiting pretty hard to catch up with no sign of any loses yet :thumbsu:

Further to my last post, I was informed that Ethan Johnson and Boyington are also leaving Rokewood. Combined with a clearance request from D Martin and that would make nearly 7 to 8 senior players from last year departing the club. This is a big gap to fill. They will need to do a lot of recruiting to make up the gap.

Also, has anyone got any info on why Wymess signed with Illabarook last year and then signed with CL this year?
Yes weymess was going to illabrook to play with a mate Clint Aspland (Frog), Clint rang C/l to have a meeting for himself and after the meeting rang weymess and told him he was going to C/l, Weymess then arranged a meeting With C/l to come there with Clint, Weymess sighned and had been training with C/L for 2 Weeks and clint decided to stay at illabrook, weymess was already cleared so he decided to stay, C/L offered to clear him to illabrook as he was only coming to play with his mate but has chose to stay at the Saints wich is a great pick up, He won the B/F at Bungaree in 07 with some quality players playing there, so he is a Very Very lucky Recruit :eek:

Can confirm the following transfers that are in place:

Blackford to East Point (Big loss)
Illabarook have picked up Shannon Berriman from Buninyong (very good player)
Leigh Jones from Buninyong to Illabarook (another good pick up)
Wymes has been cleared to Carngham (very good player)
Mal Niblett from Sebas to Carngham (very good player)
Josh Wheeler to Illabarook
Brett Mcmaster is going back to melb (big loss for Natte)

These are some of the names that I can comment on - the list is now on the league site which is shit house, but any feedback on other names would be welcome for all those on the forum

Seems Cargham, Illabarook and Lexton have the most transfers in play

I dont know if I would call Shannon Berriman a very good player, average maybe, but not very good.

I agree biff they will definatly be top 3, i think the top 5 will be a lot closer than everyone thinks this year, besides C/L it looks like Rokewood and Skipton have lost a few and it is yet to be seen whether there new players can fill the gaps and the sides under them look to be recruiting pretty hard to catch up with no sign of any loses yet :thumbsu:

I don't know how tight it will be. CL and Skipton should be a fair bit in front of the rest competing for first. Rokewood and Illabarook to fight for 3rd. Navarre and Lexton for 5th. Natte trying hard not to let Ararat's grip of the spoon come to an end.

I dont know if I would call Shannon Berriman a very good player, average maybe, but not very good.
Would have to agree there hard shell, seen him play last year and he is just a player, played with bunninyong in there final at learmonth and was very average, i would think he would struggle to get a game in 1's at Roke, skip and C/L, nothing to be worried about :rolleyes:

I don't know how tight it will be. CL and Skipton should be a fair bit in front of the rest competing for first. Rokewood and Illabarook to fight for 3rd. Navarre and Lexton for 5th. Natte trying hard not to let Ararat's grip of the spoon come to an end.
I think you could be right there Biff, natte to take spoon of ararat for there first time, big drop from a granny in 07 to spoon, but i think Navarre will challenge for a top 3 spot this year, my early tip for the final ladder at years end :thumbsu:

C/L, To start the year of slow and come home with a bang.
Skipton, to be there abouts again, no key loses but no key gains.
Navarre, to go all out this year with the coin to catch the top 3 sides.
Chokewood, can,t replace that much quality in one year.
Illabrook, Will be just making up the numbers in the 5.
Ararat, To have one of there best seasons in the league.
Lexton, Just seem to throw money at Chfl rejects every year.
Natte, Only had 3 quality players last year and have lost 2 of them.

I think you could be right there Biff, natte to take spoon of ararat for there first time, big drop from a granny in 07 to spoon, but i think Navarre will challenge for a top 3 spot this year, my early tip for the final ladder at years end :thumbsu:

C/L, To start the year of slow and come home with a bang.
Skipton, to be there abouts again, no key loses but no key gains.
Navarre, to go all out this year with the coin to catch the top 3 sides.
Chokewood, can,t replace that much quality in one year.
Illabrook, Will be just making up the numbers in the 5.
Ararat, To have one of there best seasons in the league.
Lexton, Just seem to throw money at Chfl rejects every year.
Natte, Only had 3 quality players last year and have lost 2 of them.

The only reason I have gone with Navarre for 5th or 6th is the fact that they continually get talked up in the preseason and never match expectations. I agree on the rest though.

I wouldnt write off Rokewood just yet, Augustine will play the second half of the year, and they are working hard to recruit a few more from Ballarat. Be intersting to see if it all comes through.

I wouldnt write off Rokewood just yet, Augustine will play the second half of the year, and they are working hard to recruit a few more from Ballarat. Be intersting to see if it all comes through.

So no retirement for augustine yet.

Is tim Mckay still the coach of skipton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting observation in the clearances - 3 Rokewood players following Mcnamee to Dunolly. Not sure if these are good players or not - any comment?

Also did Navarre sign up the guys from Melb - They have 5 guys from the Stathmore? Interesting

Also, whats the go with Skipton. Not one clearance submitted yet. Imagine that are playing their cards close to their chest

Interesting observation in the clearances - 3 Rokewood players following Mcnamee to Dunolly. Not sure if these are good players or not - any comment?

Also did Navarre sign up the guys from Melb - They have 5 guys from the Stathmore? Interesting

Also, whats the go with Skipton. Not one clearance submitted yet. Imagine that are playing their cards close to their chest

Lidacott is a good player only played maybe 3 game for Rokewood last year, Macca is a massive loss, Stewart was good in a back pocket always done his job and was a good bloke to have round the club and pask might have been lucky to play 3 game in the twos last year and struggled to follow up his form from Murrabit in past years. H ope that helps :thumbsu:

4 clearances have gone through from Strathmore. James Watts and Dean Capwell are very handy A grade premiership players. Both on ballers who are hard at it. Samuel Robertson was with Coburg in the VFL i think before going to Strathmore. Steve Bedham will be along for the ride. Clearance for Michael Robson has been refused and he is the best of the bunch. CHB in the 08 premiership team. Would Imagine they are on big money but will tear the comp apart.

Any truth that carngham lintons have signed 2 handy players from the wimmera 1 being the brother of a AFL footballer at fremantle?

I was checking the clearance report again tonight and still no entries from Skipton. It is now 5 weeks since clearances were opened and Skipton are yet to lodge one clearance. Can anyone shed any light on what is happening at Skipton. I heard that they were quite aggressive in pre-season in signing new players, so the lodgment of zero clearances begs a few questions or comments.

Also, I have noticed that Lexton have lost a few senior players and some of their key recruits have been denied their clearance whilst the club has not re-lodged them.

Based off these initial clearance stats, they would be in the negative eg lost more players than they have gained.

Comments please

I was checking the clearance report again tonight and still no entries from Skipton. It is now 5 weeks since clearances were opened and Skipton are yet to lodge one clearance. Can anyone shed any light on what is happening at Skipton. I heard that they were quite aggressive in pre-season in signing new players, so the lodgment of zero clearances begs a few questions or comments.

Also, I have noticed that Lexton have lost a few senior players and some of their key recruits have been denied their clearance whilst the club has not re-lodged them.

Based off these initial clearance stats, they would be in the negative eg lost more players than they have gained.

Comments please

Hey dudes was wondering if i could get some info on that spunk of a man out C/L way TRAVIS is it true that he is buffed to the max this year? How i do like to see him in tight shorts mmmmmmmmm oh yeah:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back