Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting observation in the clearances - 3 Rokewood players following Mcnamee to Dunolly. Not sure if these are good players or not - any comment?

Also did Navarre sign up the guys from Melb - They have 5 guys from the Stathmore? Interesting

Also, whats the go with Skipton. Not one clearance submitted yet. Imagine that are playing their cards close to their chest

We are not hearing a lot from rokewood or skipton at this stage guys, surely some-one must know some inside facts ? Whats the latest ?

I see that Skipton and Rokewood have finally submitted their clearances. You can access the clearance report here - http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-6172-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

Any practice matches this weekend?
yeah skipton played newlyn out at skipton with the emus winning quite easy. Had a few new recruits and looked very impressive in beating a very ordinary looking newlyn! imo could be the team to beat this year with a extra couple of talls looking prominent!

yeah skipton played newlyn out at skipton with the emus winning quite easy. Had a few new recruits and looked very impressive in beating a very ordinary looking newlyn! imo could be the team to beat this year with a extra couple of talls looking prominent!

heard the same thing with a few young blokes being recruited to the seniors. and apparently can play the game well.

heard the same thing with a few young blokes being recruited to the seniors. and apparently can play the game well.
Yeh i was at the game saturday, they looked alright skipton, but i give you the tip right now it is nothing to get over roared about, that side of newlyns was very very average and very small would have struggled to beat ararat last year and that is no lie :thumbsu: Can't see there coach Phil Davis hanging around long with a side like that, did notice SEAN SMITH in the crowd tho:thumbsu:

Yeh i was at the game saturday, they looked alright skipton, but i give you the tip right now it is nothing to get over roared about, that side of newlyns was very very average and very small would have struggled to beat ararat last year and that is no lie :thumbsu: Can't see there coach Phil Davis hanging around long with a side like that, did notice SEAN SMITH in the crowd tho:thumbsu:

oh really thats interesting then.
who have skipton lost from last season?

any word on how Illabarook went on the weekend

Illabarook vs. Creswick
The scoreboard wasnt used, so i cannot tell you how they went in that department.

The reserves and seniors played a mixed game, consisting of 6 quarters.

Creswick looked to be on top for the 1st half, but in the 2nd half the boys in blue stuck it right to them, easily winning that part of the match.
Steven Tung and Clint Aslpland both played for Illabarook, despite rumors they had been poached by C/L.

Illabarook have had a hard pre season, and it really showed in the game on sunday, they ran hard all day!

Illabarook vs. Creswick
The scoreboard wasnt used, so i cannot tell you how they went in that department.

The reserves and seniors played a mixed game, consisting of 6 quarters.

Creswick looked to be on top for the 1st half, but in the 2nd half the boys in blue stuck it right to them, easily winning that part of the match.
Steven Tung and Clint Aslpland both played for Illabarook, despite rumors they had been poached by C/L.

Illabarook have had a hard pre season, and it really showed in the game on sunday, they ran hard all day!

they could be good team this year then!
sounds like your a illabarook fan mate how many juniors from last year have stepped up to Seniors?

they could be good team this year then!
sounds like your a illabarook fan mate how many juniors from last year have stepped up to Seniors?

Only 3 players had to leave under 17's because of the age restrictions, and this year it looks as if there will be approx. 5 or 6 current juniors getting a senior game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was having a look at the clearance list on the web site and i c skipton have recruited a bloke by the name of Damien Larken, is this the bloke who played for natte in 07 if so pretty handy pick up !!! Also c a clearance in for Jason Hill going back to C/L pretty handy pick up for those blokes aswell !!

Any truth to the rumour that Stasse will not be playing for C/L this year?

On another matter, I heard Skipton are looking good and have recruited well. They have a choose of 4 ruckman

Any truth to the rumour that Stasse will not be playing for C/L this year?

On another matter, I heard Skipton are looking good and have recruited well. They have a choose of 4 ruckman
There is no truth to that rumour mate, stasse has been training and hasn't mentioned anything about leaving, can't c why he would want to leave with all his mates playing there !!! I c skipton have got some new plaeyers but a few of them are recent players at the club and have just left for a year and came back, from what ive seen they are going to be very top heavy a part from D.George they haven't got much in the midfield department.:thumbsu:

There is no truth to that rumour mate, stasse has been training and hasn't mentioned anything about leaving, can't c why he would want to leave with all his mates playing there !!! I c skipton have got some new plaeyers but a few of them are recent players at the club and have just left for a year and came back, from what ive seen they are going to be very top heavy a part from D.George they haven't got much in the midfield department.:thumbsu:

Slasher if you are so close to the saints as you make out you are then im pretty shaw ud no why stasse mite not wanna play at carngham this year wouldnt u! :eek:

Re: Lexton Plains Football League

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion21
Dennis Bell has signed up as joint coach. havnt signed assistant yet. club has had a meeting with two guys but havnt finalised anything yet unfortuanatly.

Not a bad signing orion has he indicated that he will bring anyone with him.My spies from over that way tell me there was about 30 on the track last nite the best in about 5 yrs.

Yes I heard tom schwabb ripped it up that night!

Any practice matches this weekend?

My spies tell me last years premiers got done by central highlands minnows Springbank. Apparently Springbank just ran all over the top of them a fitter stronger side. Rumours are Teddy Scott took a few handy grabs up forward could be a handy asset to Carngham Linton this year but then again could be a huge liability. They tell me there was a larger version of stewie dew running around for Carngham number 6 I am lead to believe very silky skills so I was told.

My spies tell me last years premiers got done by central highlands minnows Springbank. Apparently Springbank just ran all over the top of them a fitter stronger side. Rumours are Teddy Scott took a few handy grabs up forward could be a handy asset to Carngham Linton this year but then again could be a huge liability. They tell me there was a larger version of stewie dew running around for Carngham number 6 I am lead to believe very silky skills so I was told.

that wouldn't happen to be the bloke that got knocked out would it???

Re: Lexton Plains Football League

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion21
Dennis Bell has signed up as joint coach. havnt signed assistant yet. club has had a meeting with two guys but havnt finalised anything yet unfortuanatly.

Not a bad signing orion has he indicated that he will bring anyone with him.My spies from over that way tell me there was about 30 on the track last nite the best in about 5 yrs.

Yes I heard tom schwabb ripped it up that night!

Baz where have you been mate.. Old Den Den only signed up as coach about 5 months ago.. Have had well over 30 boys on the track aswell mate :thumbsu:

Slasher if you are so close to the saints as you make out you are then im pretty shaw ud no why stasse mite not wanna play at carngham this year wouldnt u! :eek:
As stated in my last post, stasse does want to play at C/L and if he didn't want to he wouldn't be training would he, obviously you have heard he is not happy at the club and wants to leave, i will say it once again just so you get it this time, stasse wont be going any where this year;)

Yeh we got done by about 5 goals, very inexperiance side only about 7 players from the grand final side played so nothing to be worried about, the new recruits went well which is a plus, you don't win flags in practice matches, Behind da shedz:thumbsu:

Can anyone report on the what's happening with Natte. They have lost their 2 best players from last year and have not seen any significant recruits yet.

Very little news from Natte, therefore can anyone provide some updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back