Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

ohk thanks mate, ''leymus" i hear could be one to look out for in the season?!

how are teams shaping up for the first round?
who's playing who?

ohk thanks mate, ''leymus" i hear could be one to look out for in the season?!

how are teams shaping up for the first round?
who's playing who?
well C/L are playing skipton, and skipton have picked up so good players this year and they are going to be a massive team this year i reckon skipton have been using there money for these new players cause wen i seen them play i only knew 3 or 4 players and the rest i have never seen before but who cares cause it will be the same story carngham will get beaten in the season by skipton but wen it come to the grandfinal carngham wins the grandfinal so skipton have only wasted there money.:thumbsu:

well C/L are playing skipton, and skipton have picked up so good players this year and they are going to be a massive team this year i reckon skipton have been using there money for these new players cause wen i seen them play i only knew 3 or 4 players and the rest i have never seen before but who cares cause it will be the same story carngham will get beaten in the season by skipton but wen it come to the grandfinal carngham wins the grandfinal so skipton have only wasted there money.:thumbsu:

Well said mate
I wouldnt be suprised if Skipton flog Carngham in Round 1.
But having said that I wouldn't be suprised if Carngham beat Skipton when it counts.
And make it a four-peat

OK So Round 1 is upon us. Lets have a look at the games:

Lexton vs Navarre
Natte Bealiba vs Ararat Eagles
Illabarook vs Rokewood Corindhap
Carngham Linton vs Skipton

Tips for the round?

Navarre - Appear to have recruited well from Melbourne
Natte Bealiba - Should be too strong
Rokewood - Should be a good contest, Rokewood just
Skipton - Appears Carngham have started their season slower than theirt rivals, so Round 1 may go to the Emus. Will be a great game to catch on Sunday

Thoughts?

OK So Round 1 is upon us. Lets have a look at the games:

Lexton vs Navarre
Natte Bealiba vs Ararat Eagles
Illabarook vs Rokewood Corindhap
Carngham Linton vs Skipton

Tips for the round?

Navarre - Appear to have recruited well from Melbourne
Natte Bealiba - Should be too strong
Rokewood - Should be a good contest, Rokewood just
Skipton - Appears Carngham have started their season slower than theirt rivals, so Round 1 may go to the Emus. Will be a great game to catch on Sunday

Thoughts?

Lexton v NAVARRE - Navarre have recruited some experienced players and should be to strong. Lexton will be better than last year though. Should be a close game but Navarre just.

Natte v ARARAT EAGLES - Natte have lost there 2 best players and the Eagles go in with a better preseason. Toss of the coin. Maybe Ararat

Illabarook v ROKEWOOD - A quiet preaseason at Smythesdale and a turnover of key players at Rokewood. History says Rokewood

Cargnham v SKIPTON - They don't give premiership medals in round 1. The best 2 sides by a long way. Skipton by a couple of goals

All games are evenly matched and it will be a cracking round 1.

Any truth to the rumour that Stasse will not be playing for C/L this year?

On another matter, I heard Skipton are looking good and have recruited well. They have a choose of 4 ruckman
why hasnt justin porter been named in the seniors or reserves????? injury or perhaps other reasons???? very interesting indeed

Lexton v NAVARRE - Navarre have recruited some experienced players and should be to strong. Lexton will be better than last year though. Should be a close game but Navarre just.

Natte v ARARAT EAGLES - Natte have lost there 2 best players and the Eagles go in with a better preseason. Toss of the coin. Maybe Ararat

Illabarook v ROKEWOOD - A quiet preaseason at Smythesdale and a turnover of key players at Rokewood. History says Rokewood

Cargnham v SKIPTON - They don't give premiership medals in round 1. The best 2 sides by a long way. Skipton by a couple of goals

All games are evenly matched and it will be a cracking round 1.
NAVARRE should be to strong with all their new recruits over a much improved lexton.
ROKEWOOD is the unknown and will just get the points over a bulldogs outfit chasing a top 3 chance.
NO PORTER in ballarat courier sides so I will pick Skipton. If he does play.... saints.
and a young EAGLES missing 4 seniors should take it up to natte......so Eagles by 13 points

My tips for weekend:

Skipton - new blood and sluggish looking CL. CL's best player seems to be out in R Greenbank. Any comments as too where he is? I wonder why Porter is not playing, interesting times at CL

Rokewood - I believe Illabarook are a big unknown. On history will have to go with Rokewood and will wait to see how Illabarook go. Rokewood have also lost a lot of their better players from last year.

Navarre - Lexton have lost the same number of players than they have gained. Will pick Navaree for this game

Natte - Still got a good group and should beat Eagles

Heard on the weekend that Natte's thug was out in force again. Apparently he is nearly all bald and they call him burnsy. Gee I can't wait till we play that bloke. All he does is mouth off and hit young blokes behind the play. THUG!!

Looking at the new players running around in the maryborough castlemaine league this year surely the lexton plains league will find it hard to blow wind up them come interleague time! :( Whats peoples thoughts?

Looking at the new players running around in the maryborough castlemaine league this year surely the lexton plains league will find it hard to blow wind up them come interleague time! :( Whats peoples thoughts?
u gotta convince those quality players to play interleague instead of resting the body first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it would be fair to say lexton getting up would be the only surprise over the weekend. Skipton have beaten C/L the past 5 years in round one by around 10 goals each time its alweays a blow out. Also i think you would find that Porter is retired and greenbank has gone back to BFL

I think it would be fair to say lexton getting up would be the only surprise over the weekend. Skipton have beaten C/L the past 5 years in round one by around 10 goals each time its alweays a blow out. Also i think you would find that Porter is retired and greenbank has gone back to BFL

where did u get this information from.

word i have is that he has playe both practice matches and was just injured.

hey can anyone update me on a few results n players?
how did rokewood go first round?
mullane grant? is he fit or is his knee still a hinderence?
s boyington - how did he go?
also are t oliver n l bennett still playing at lexton

I was wondering what the scores were from the weekend? Can anyone from Rokewood tell me how Stuart "Bubbsy Matheson,Carl "Buckets" Matheson and Tim "Slim" Fulton are going out there?

And it looked like the kid performed pretty well. Any see him in action?

yeah did see him in action, great job to the young fella :D

also see young benny johnson clean up once again. thats two weeks in a row his had a day out, should be one to watch for the year and his career. remembering this is his first year out of juniors :thumbsu:

I was wondering what the scores were from the weekend? Can anyone from Rokewood tell me how Stuart "Bubbsy Matheson,Carl "Buckets" Matheson and Tim "Slim" Fulton are going out there?
Solid contributors all 3 of them.

i'm pretty sure Rokewood lost the 1st week, as for mullane grant he has the potential to kick 120 goals this season it will force porter out of retirement or injury or whatever it is.
and his mate Big D in the 2s will race hiim to the ton just for bragging rights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back