2009 Trade Discussion - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't trust Richo to not get injured.

Next week I'm probably going Dalziell -> De Boer or Cockie and then either Krakouer (probably peaked, thanks for a great season Krak) to J Brown or Butler -> Corey if Butler gets dropped, which is a big possibilty. Only reason Butler's got a chance of staying is that next week the Eagles are playing Melbourne and Geelong are playing Sydney.

i was thinking of doing no trades
but since ablett and hartlett have both been injured i might want to have an emergency
so should i trade out anthony for cockie
or will ablett be fine for next week considering i already have aaron joseph on bench

i was thinking of doing no trades
but since ablett and hartlett have both been injured i might want to have an emergency
so should i trade out anthony for cockie
or will ablett be fine for next week considering i already have aaron joseph on bench

Yeah no worries, hold on a tick
crystalBall1.jpg

Hmmm the future appears murky.... Come back to me on Thursday night when the teams are announced and my prediction of the future may be more accurate

Will look at downgrading Walker next week despite not having a lot of options to downgrade too. (already have Warren and Ballantyne). Then grabbing Richo and/or Didak when they have bottomed out in a couple of weeks time. Leaving a fwd line of

Pavlich, Deledio, Riewoldt, Richo/Didak, ROK, Davey(Mel), Warren/ Rookie/Ballantyne

Any ideas on possible fwd downgrade targets?

I like Fev.. He seems to be getting over his foot injury now, and with Fremantle and Collingwood coming up.. Personally I can't think of a better option under 380K

Walker -> Ballantyne (40k in bank + 80k) = 120k
Petrenko -> Greenwood (+60k) = 180k. Altho not so sure about this, would be easier if petrenko just got dropped and greenwood was picked.

But still, 180k with 15 trades remaining. The likes of Hasleby, Ziebell and Rich should be ready to upgrade by about round 8-9.
Just not sure what im going to do with the last fwd option who's a playing rookie (Warren/Brown) though. Will need a lot of cash to upgrade.

I'd hang on to walker till his low score cycles through. He should at least get to 250k.

My turn: i've got skippy on the bench doing nothing, and stupidly darcy daniher. Not going to score a zero in my forwardline anytime soon though. But i have 210k in the bank, and have been looking at picking up Riewoldt, Corey, Goddard or Mackie. Which one should i get?

Riewoldt would obviously replace Skipworth. (Even though skippy is <2wks away?)

Corey would replace Andy Otten (who has ~50k more value left in him)

Goddard/Mackie would replace one of my back rookies.

I'd hang on to walker till his low score cycles through. He should at least get to 250k.

No chance unless he suddenly starts scoring 60s and 70s on a regular basis.

Trade him out anyway. If you have another good forward rookie (and if you didn't have Mitch Brown then you made a big mistake) then you can live with 8 forwards for a few weeks until Ballantyne starts getting games.

Might be the type to sit on your bench for the whole season (Tippett/Nath Brown of 08). Will probably just stick with him for the season or until he tops 200K (if ever) and cash in on my cows in the midfield/backs instead. I might need him for NGBrown if he misses again.

My other bench player is Hentschel so I've been carrying him for a while. Haven't copped a zero yet though and he should be back in a couple of weeks.

Thinkng of trading Beams -> Collins, even though I missed the boat.
Have Otten to cover Ablett but no one for Beams.

Thoughts on this?

This would be instead of the planned Petrenko -> Broughton trade.

Plan on bringing in Mackie, Richo and Didak in the coming weeks.
Which would leave me with Rich, Collins and Raines the only ones left to be upgraded.

EDIT: I think I'll be doing my trades tonight in case I don't have computer access whilst away.

Thinkng of trading Beams -> Collins, even though I missed the boat.
Have Otten to cover Ablett but no one for Beams.

Thoughts on this?

This would be instead of the planned Petrenko -> Broughton trade.

Plan on bringing in Mackie, Richo and Didak in the coming weeks.
Which would leave me with Rich, Collins and Raines the only ones left to be upgraded.

EDIT: I think I'll be doing my trades tonight in case I don't have computer access whilst away.

Not a bad trade but i dont like bringing in rookies who have already gone up in price once.
Collins is 140k meaning Beams > Colling would only net u 40k maybe straight swap Beams > Coughlan?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My turn: i've got skippy on the bench doing nothing, and stupidly darcy daniher. Not going to score a zero in my forwardline anytime soon though. But i have 210k in the bank, and have been looking at picking up Riewoldt, Corey, Goddard or Mackie. Which one should i get?

Riewoldt would obviously replace Skipworth. (Even though skippy is <2wks away?)

Corey would replace Andy Otten (who has ~50k more value left in him)

Goddard/Mackie would replace one of my back rookies.

I'd keep Skippy.

the problem with keeping skippy is that he's a big deadweight and won't increase measurably in value for about 3 weeks at least.

right now is when you want to hop on the big forwards as there are a number who will be primed in the next few weeks. J-Bo: if you're going to take the pnt on him, you have to do it this week. Another 2 or maybe 3 weeks for Franklin, another 2-3 weeks for Richo, don't forget Lids & Gia as well. If I had Skipworth I would be upgrading him to a gun as he's the perfect price to do it and you need to upgrade someone in your forward line. I did it two weeks ago Skip > Riewoldt and very happy to have done so.

Gia + JB both >> Fev.

Fev has the higher average, so I'm not sure why you say that. My concern with Gia is that Higgins has taken his role. And J Brown just doesn't have the team around him to get him the pill. While I'm at it, I'm not liking Franklin because it's obvious he's overweight and playing 2nd fiddle to Roughead.

I'm liking Steve Johnson this week. Can't afford him though.. :(

This week:
Mackay-->Coughlan
Walker-->Rooey

Next week:
Suban-->Hodge

Obviously it's not even the end of lockout so I havn't looked at every option, but I'm liking the look of these ATM. I do feel like I'm burning trades though.

Fev has the higher average, so I'm not sure why you say that. My concern with Gia is that Higgins has taken his role. And J Brown just doesn't have the team around him to get him the pill. While I'm at it, I'm not liking Franklin because it's obvious he's overweight and playing 2nd fiddle to Roughead.

JB and Gia will average more than Fevola for the year ....
Fevola only scores well when he kicks 7 or more goals but by all means bring him in :D

I think you just defer the Skipworth trade for 5-6 weeks and trade players who are ready to be traded (like walker last week). Other players get pushed forward in the queue whilst I wait for some more money from Skipworth. If the planets well and truly align then Richardson will have plummeted and it'll be a cheaper trade.

You've made me rethink my plans re: skipworth though. Always good to read other thoughts.

Fev relies on goals to get his scores.

He kicked 8.4 on the weekend which is 88 points by itself (including the kicks, but not including the marks).

If he goes scoreless one week or only kicks 2-3, his score would be significantly lower (which you find is often the case with 60s-70s often common for fev).

Not a bad trade but i dont like bringing in rookies who have already gone up in price once.
Collins is 140k meaning Beams > Colling would only net u 40k maybe straight swap Beams > Coughlan?
Have considered that but the extra 30ish grand would probably allow me to straight swap Krakouer -> Didak by around round 9.

It is either that or use a LTI/Sideways trade which I have only planned on saving 6 of those to bring in Coughlan. This means a cow will have to be used to upgrade Krakouer -> Didak.

Of course Liam Anthony, when fit, will take Collins spot on the field meaning 1 of Rich/Coughlan/Anthony will have to sit on the bench.

If I get Collins, by the time Anthony comes back he should be ready to downgrade meaning I should be able to upgrade Raines with the cash generated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back