Competition Merger Of The Week 11 - Your Choice

Remove this Banner Ad

in hindsight i should've put no using previous MOTW teams

I probably should have checked the previous merger threads, had I known one of the comps was A Rich/WCE merger I would have done a different merger. Cheers for letting it slide anyways.

I don't like it, it's not fair to North :p.

And Royal + Navy isn't a very good combination.

I agree with those points. I had a go at it just to see what I could do, it really is a fifth entry rather than top work.

It's worth noting that North Melbourne wore navy blue in the VFA, and only changed to royal blue because Geelong and Carlton wore navy. That's the reasoning behind the dominance of navy blue - I didn't mention that above and I should have.

Royal and navy IS a rotten combo, I noted that with the previous MOTW where a lot of black/navy/royal combinations were coming through... they were drab. Hence the hugely white clash strip :)

Entry #3 (A bit of a stretch, but fits the rules)

Port Adelaide was struggling with financial woes and needed something to happen to survive. They tried to merge with any club that wanted them but no team wanted to. So they went to a place that no other team had even considered.....University.

Melbourne University and the University of Adelaide had merged a few years before, and due to this were able to combine the powers of their two amature teams to dominate both Victorian and South Australian amature leagues.

With the merger with Port Adelaide, the club that had not existed in porfessional leagues since 1914 was reborn (but with two homes instead of one).

UniversityofAdelaide.png

@Craegus - great work with University and Port. The two University entries in the comp have been really inspired. I thought of something odd like University and Gold Coast but decided against it... it was going to be too basic.

@SAAndy - copy my idea much?

Yours is more the same as mine, than Tigerdrive's one is the same as the MOTW 2 winner. Whilst it might have been coincidence, mine was first and yours merely looks like a copy.

My entry:

Sydney Power

The year is 2020 and after the AFL's indroduction of new powerhouse GWS, Sydney are losing popularity in NSW. The AFL declares that urgent action needs to be taken to save the club.

Port Adelaide are also in a state of emergencey with a lack of success (making the finals once in tean years) and ever present financial worries. It is decided the two clubs will merge after much consideration.

SMFC is placed above numbers on the neck and PAFC on the shorts.

Colours: Red- Sydney. Teal- Port. White-both.

HOME: Opera house replaced with Port's fist+bolt logo

CLASH(note it says away in the image, cbf changing): Inspired by Sydney's 1996 pre-season jumper. Prison bars replacing the two vertical stripes.

SYDNEYPOWERPRS.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol.

A couple of mergers of the bad jumper designs.

Sydney Smurfs.
sydneysmurfs.png

Design-Sydney's 1996/97 pre-season.
Colours-Carlton's 1997 M&M's promo.
Monogram-Edited version of Carlton's CCF from 1933-1997.

The generic back story. Sydney are doing crap off field, since GWS came into the picture, and Carlton are doing crap on field so the AFL forces the two to merge in 2030.

Port Pie-Eating Bears
portbearsmagpies.png

Design-Port's 2009 clash
Colours-Brisbane Bears' 1989-1991
Logo-Collingwood's barcode magpie.

Bit better back story on this. After years of constant bickering between Port and Collingwood, about use of colours and the magpie logo, and their poor form as of late the AFL decides to force a merger on them both or be kicked out the comp. So suprise, suprise the form the Port Adelaide Magpies.

The new Port Magpies are a huge dissapointment to the AFL both on and off field so the AFL decide to add a thrid team to the merger, the newly reformed Brisbane Bears. The Bears bring all the mony to the merger so they get to decide the name. Pie-Eating Bears is a reference to Brisbane's dominance over Collingwood in the early 00's (even though it was as the Lions, but we wont let a technicality get in the way of a good story :p)

Lol.

The generic back story. Sydney are doing crap off field, since GWS came into the picture, and Carlton are doing crap on field so the AFL forces the two to merge in 2030.

Sounds just like mine above :p. God I'm cliché, need to think more outside the box!

Sydney Smurfs.
sydneysmurfs.png

Design-Sydney's 1996/97 pre-season.
Colours-Carlton's 1997 M&M's promo.
Monogram-Edited version of Carlton's CCF from 1933-1997.

Considering it's supposed to be a bad jumpers merger, I really really like it!

I'm going to try to make one more merger but my connection is dodgy at the moment. We'll see how I go n

It's now 2027, and with the successful implementation of Gold Coast Suns in 2011 and GWS in 2012, the AFL has decided to bring it a Tasmanian team and a North Queensland team (after the recent independence of North Queensland making it a state of it's own). However the AFL researchers found the fans had a hard enough time with 18 teams, didn't want any more extra teams. The AFL despair for more expansion, they come up with a fan's worse nightmare, to merger three teams into one team... any players not able to fit in the merger team would be offered a contact at one of the new clubs (if they choose to take it)...

Anyway seeing that their was so many Victorian teams, they decided to merge three Victorians, and to save arguments between the clubs, the AFL would choose the teams that would be merged... again this was a nightmare for fans... especially when Collingwood fans found out that the AFL had decide the Magpies would have to merge with Hawthorn and Kangaroos. The AFL "justified" this by saying - "Since these clubs all had stripes, it would be easier to merge the three designs" From this the name Stripes FC was adopted as the name of the merger plan...

This is the design that the AFL drew up to show to the clubs, but this was as far as the AFL would get with their plan, as Collingwood would end up blocking the merger plot in court!

stripesFC.png

Zoom: *Right Click* -> "View Image"

i dont get why do a backstory if its just Team A and Team B are doing poorly in 20XX so they merge
I just felt like it was a bit underdone without a back story, so I added one, even if it is pretty generic and crappy
Considering it's supposed to be a bad jumpers merger, I really really like it!
Thanks, so do I! It looked even better with the original CCF monogram.

The original Sydney design looked really cluttered because of thin black outlines of the yoke/opera house and the bottom stripes. I think this is part of the reason I did not like it too much

It's too late now! POLL TIME.
(he says dancing around like Homer Simpson as the town cryer, ringing the bell, "hear ye hear ye")

Remove this Banner Ad

Back