Random Chat Thread XXXVIII - Player Threads in your Player Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

lol

Dwayne+Johnson+Mark+Wahlberg+Dwayne+Johnson-pain-and-gain.jpg

what a bawse

In a new interview with Men's Journal, Wahlberg says that world history would have been different had he not made a fortuitous decision to fly to Toronto a week early and thus avoid boarding one of the planes out of Boston that crashed into the World Trade Center on September 11th.

"If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did," he tells the magazine. "There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

Wahlberg has spoken before of the near-miss, and the action he would have taken had he been on the flight.

"We certainly would have tried to do something to fight," he said in 2006. "I've had probably over 50 dreams about it."

You're both wrong, it was Graham Moss, I think.

I am half way through s1 of Game of Thrones. Very, very good, but I would rate Rome as about as good, despite it not getting anywhere near the same recognition. @RIG, not sure how you find Rome boring, but GoT not to be boring. Very similar I would say.

Agree that the cinematography is better, but I would say that in terms of story line Rome has it covered. I realise the books have been super successful, but hard to top the story of the rise of the Roman Republic. I am saying that both are great, just wish those who are obsessed with GoT would give Rome a try. They go on as if GoT is the best thing ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're both wrong, it was Graham Moss, I think.

I am half way through s1 of Game of Thrones. Very, very good, but I would rate Rome as about as good, despite it not getting anywhere near the same recognition. @RIG, not sure how you find Rome boring, but GoT not to be boring. Very similar I would say.

Sorry PP, Rome is good but its got nothing on GoT. I rate GoT up there with Band of Brothers, Rome is just a good show, nothing more nothing less.

Sorry PP, Rome is good but its got nothing on GoT. I rate GoT up there with Band of Brothers, Rome is just a good show, nothing more nothing less.

Each to their own. Was not trashing GoT, just think it may be overrated, much like Kong with Breaking Bad. Where would you rate Deadwood?

The Wire and The Sopranos are much, much better than Deadwood.

I have not seen The Sopranos so will not comment. The Wire is the most complete show of all time. Will never be touched. However, something about Deadwood that appeals to me.

I don't like much about the time and setting of Deadwood, I never have, which is why I hate western films.

That is why I like the show so much. I have a great interest in American history, particularly the development of the United States. Plus cannot get enough of the dialogue and monologues. I am not much of a fan of Shakespeare, but some of the stuff in Deadwood is Shakespeare-esque. Surely Al rates up there with Tyrion (who I agree is a freaking awesome character)?

Each to their own. Was not trashing GoT, just think it may be overrated, much like Kong with Breaking Bad. Where would you rate Deadwood?

I wanted to like it. I really did, as I really enjoy American history/goldrush etc. I watched the first two seasons but it just felt as if there was perpetually nothing happening. 5-6/10.

The dwarf?

He's superb!

I normally hate the characters that that actor plays, but he's fantastic.

So you've started watching it Whomb? Where are you up to? I remember you saying a while back you wouldn't as you didn't like fantasy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back