Caddy packing his bags

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The general consensus is that we'd be happy to part with our compo pick for Caddy, and from what I've read here your lot would be happy to take it for him.

The only two questions remain.
1: Does he want to play for Geelong or would he rather play for a Melbourne based team?
2: Would the Suns be more interested in a higher draft pick this year (Carlton/Richmond/St. Kilda)

As PO has mentioned above, we are fair traders (don't mean to toot our own horn, but it's true). If Josh expresses interest towards Geelong, I'm positive a deal can be struck in which both parties are satisfied.

The general consensus is that we'd be happy to part with our compo pick for Caddy, and from what I've read here your lot would be happy to take it for him.

The only two questions remain.
1: Does he want to play for Geelong or would he rather play for a Melbourne based team?
2: Would the Suns be more interested in a higher draft pick this year (Carlton/Richmond/St. Kilda)

As PO has mentioned above, we are fair traders (don't mean to toot our own horn, but it's true). If Josh expresses interest towards Geelong, I'm positive a deal can be struck in which both parties are satisfied.

The answer to 1. is unknown and is the critical question.

The answer to 2. is likely to be No, given their list squeeze.

I agree with your conclusion.

Whilst perhaps not public, I think he has nominated Essendon. As such it will be up to Essendon to nut out a deal. Whether the gets to Essendon will probably depend on whether he is staunch in his desire to go to Essendon and only Essendon.

Whilst perhaps not public, I think he has nominated Essendon. As such it will be up to Essendon to nut out a deal. Whether the gets to Essendon will probably depend on whether he is staunch in his desire to go to Essendon and only Essendon.

What is your source on this?

I'm not sure he would be so keen to do a hammy in 2013 to be honest. My tip would be Geelong, the comments now coming out seem more inclined to be any melb club and whats best for the Gold Coast Football Club.
This is the big difference to last year. Not to judge, but it did seem strange that on one hand he wanted to come to Melbourne to be with his sick father, but on the other hand only wanted to go to Essendon. North, for example, or Richmond could have probably had a good enough draft pick to get the deal done - or even a Cat compo pick.

This is the big difference to last year. Not to judge, but it did seem strange that on one hand he wanted to come to Melbourne to be with his sick father, but on the other hand only wanted to go to Essendon. North, for example, or Richmond could have probably had a good enough draft pick to get the deal done - or even a Cat compo pick.
True, but GC probably would have said, we want to deal with as few clubs as possible (because they didnt want to lose him at all), this year the difference is GC want to invilve everyone and make everyone a viable option. The only way he will get to Essendon is via a multi club deal involving probably Tippet or Giles

And what deal they can cobble together. They are going to have to get GC either a first round pick or a very good senior player. To do so they will need to give something up as their first pick is going to JD. Who in their right mind would give Essendon a first round pick for something they are will to trade, considering that is likely to be someone like Pears, Hooker etc.

Not even trade week and im sick of Essendon supporters coming on here saying Caddy will go to Windy hill with no source to back it up and no trade option to boot , i might be getting old , if i was still mod i might be getting the tap on the shoulder from Fred for the yellows being handed out.:D

Not even trade week and im sick of Essendon supporters coming on here saying Caddy will go to Windy hill with no source to back it up and no trade option to boot , i might be getting old , if i was still mod i might be getting the tap on the shoulder from Fred for the yellows being handed out.:D

I am just passing on the information his clear preference is Essendon, if we are unable to satsify the Suns he won't get there I presume. However, I can tell you there is plenty of talking going on behind the scenes. I think Essendon are dealing with GC directly right now but I wouldn't be surpised if a third club is involved. Not sure why this is worthy of a card.

I am just passing on the information his clear preference is Essendon, if we are unable to satsify the Suns he won't get there I presume. However, I can tell you there is plenty of talking going on behind the scenes. I think Essendon are dealing with GC directly right now but I wouldn't be surpised if a third club is involved. Not sure why this is worthy of a card.

Where is this information from? You seem to be avoiding the essence of the question.

'Caddy packing his bags' would be a far less interesting discussion without other team board members chiming in with info/pitches on how to get Caddy.
Also i don't know what a CURRENT mod would think about an 'active member' suggesting whom should be carded and who shouldn't.

Back on topic, i believe that wherever Caddy decides to go, one way or another he will get there. As an Essendon supporter, this will mean either we offer up a 1st round pick we have traded for, or a second and a player like Dempsey, Myers, TBC or Gumbo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Caddy packing his bags' would be a far less interesting discussion without other team board members chiming in with info/pitches on how to get Caddy.
Also i don't know what a CURRENT mod would think about an 'active member' suggesting whom should be carded and who shouldn't.

Back on topic, i believe that wherever Caddy decides to go, one way or another he will get there. As an Essendon supporter, this will mean either we offer up a 1st round pick we have traded for, or a second and a player like Dempsey, Myers, TBC or Gumbo

Dude , WHO are you going to trade for a 1st round pick , needs to be a bloody good player , easy to come on board and say we are going to do this and that. Put your gonads on the line champ.:thumbsu:

The club has stated it will deal with WHO EVER OFFERS THE BEST DEAL I don't believe he has nominated a club at all as he wants to do the best thing by the club that supported him.

True, but GC probably would have said, we want to deal with as few clubs as possible (because they didnt want to lose him at all), this year the difference is GC want to invilve everyone and make everyone a viable option. The only way he will get to Essendon is via a multi club deal involving probably Tippet or Giles
Giles? Are you referring to Jonathon Giles? Can't think of anyone of that name or similar who wants to head north. Unless you spelt 'Brendan Goddard' incorrectly

As an Essendon supporter, this will mean either we offer up a 1st round pick we have traded for, or a second and a player like Dempsey, Myers, TBC or Gumbo

Why not just your first-round pick, as opposed to one that you've traded for? I'm unsure as to how you'd get another first-rounder without giving up something really tasty...

Essendon's first-rounder this year will probably get the job done. I can't say the same about offering a second-round pick plus any of the trio mentioned - players who are somewhat surplus won't really work here.

Dude , WHO are you going to trade for a 1st round pick , needs to be a bloody good player , easy to come on board and say we are going to do this and that. Put your gonads on the line champ.:thumbsu:
Im not saying we are going to do any of this, lol, if its one thing all these threads tell us its everyone has very little idea, but its what we have to do if we want him. Probably Bellchambers to coll for a firsty if i had to throw one out there...or Dempsey.

Why not just your first-round pick, as opposed to one that you've traded for? I'm unsure as to how you'd get another first-rounder without giving up something really tasty...

Essendon's first-rounder this year will probably get the job done. I can't say the same about offering a second-round pick plus any of the trio mentioned - players who are somewhat surplus won't really work here.
Joe Daniher takes our 1st pick out of the equation.
Giles apparently is unimpressed by the money offered by GWS and may move elsewhere.

You are exactly the reason people are fed up with discussing this. You carry on your high horse as if your the coach of EFC and your words are so definite and all based on nothing. Not to mention you keep harping on about his preference being Essendon and Caddy holding us to ransom.

It's infact the opposite, a few other clubs want him, and are actually proven better traders from history than EFC. Will no doubt offer up better value than your discarded players and Ashcroft has come out saying he is not going for peanuts, and work with his manager to get him to a melbourne club.

Your demeanour on the topic is insulting, childish, and bloody aggravating.

Im not saying we are going to do any of this, lol, if its one thing all these threads tell us its everyone has very little idea, but its what we have to do if we want him. Probably Bellchambers to coll for a firsty if i had to throw one out there...or Dempsey.

To me Caddy may well become an elite player but based on output it is still a highly speculative pickup. To trade a number one ruck or someone of equal importance to our systems and structure in Dempsey. It kind of defeats the purpose of bringing in Caddy if we were to trade Dempsey in the deal. He is a quality runner and user of the pill, something we don't have in abundance. Caddy will not get to Essendon unless either GC relent abit on their compensation or Essendon trades something they shouldn't.

Reading between the lines of what Ashcroft and GC have said recently and given what occurred last year, i think it would be an accurate assumption to presume he has already nominated Essendon.

Some one will crack, Essendon, GC or Caddy.

All parties have had 12 months to come up with some kind of solution so it'll be interesting to see what is thrown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back