Unsolved Madeleine McCann

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the most likely suspect seemed to be the parents. The way they have been crusading the case ever since, way beyond what was necessary to throw off doubt, another reason it makes me think it wasn't them.

They can hardly stop now though can they?

Another interesting element is that we now know the NOTW and Sun journos had hacked their phones. This would certainly have informed much of the coverage.

Can you show me anywhere in the thread where people have mention gypsies or arabs? Or even where someone has implied them to blame?

No, I meant the press coverage, especially in the UK, about these so-called "paedo rings" that steal little white kids etc, always says they are gypsies or Arabs.

Its an ancient old trope - the swarthy foreigner stealing innocent little blonde white kids.

No, I meant the press coverage, especially in the UK, about these so-called "paedo rings" that steal little white kids etc, always says they are gypsies or Arabs.

Its an ancient old trope - the swarthy foreigner stealing innocent little blonde white kids.
I always thought they were blaming the Belgians. A whole country full of sex criminals.

i was had the belief that it was a child abduction/pedo ring, would be too hard for the parents to dispose of a body that well in a foreign country/city. if she was stolen to sell to pedo/adoption ring i am in no doubt they would have done away with her due to the high profile nature of the case.

Ive got three young girls and this sort of shit scares the hell out of me could not think of anything worse than some *********** touching or stealing one of my girls

Interesting. I know some of the BBC team that covered it from Day One and they are convinced it was the Mum. By accident, then panicking etc.

I check with the FIL. Anyway, he basically said that what he heard was for the parents to cover up a child being killed/disposing of the body would have been practically impossible. Just can't see how they could have done it. Agree totally that the parents would have been the most likely candidates, just can't see how they could have swung it. There's more to it, but that's the general slant.

I check with the FIL. Anyway, he basically said that what he heard was for the parents to cover up a child being killed/disposing of the body would have been practically impossible. Just can't see how they could have done it. Agree totally that the parents would have been the most likely candidates, just can't see how they could have swung it. There's more to it, but that's the general slant.

There's been a lot of contention over dna testing in car, contamination etc.

Its fairly well agreed how it could (not did) happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent question. As is the question of certain matter finding its way there

Unless that matter sample was taken from purge fluid or a significant amount of blood there are also explications as to how it came to be there that may not involve transporting her body. Without that conformation been given were all playing hypothetical of course but to have got her body in that car they had to store in the unit for five weeks and that would have required the police to have missed it on their searches, I know the local force were low par but that's a hard sell. Contaminated samples also need to be considered here.

Lots of questions about this one and I agree that I doubt it will ever be solved. Unfortunately, if it ever is I wouldn't be surprised if it's solved by finding the body. Not trying to sound cynical here but in most scenarios put forward, it would be a rare occurrence for her to have survived for this long.

I don't think the parents were involved. Covering themselves up, if they were responsible, would require a hell of a lot of work and intelligence, and I'm not sure about anyone else here, but they've never come across as the sharpest tools in the shed to me. They've been cleared and are continuing with the investigation - why do so if you're responsible? I agree that some of their actions/words have been a bit suss but I just don't think it was them.

I don't buy the paedophile ring claim either. These "organisations" (and I use the term loosely) operate in plain sight and very, very rarely kidnap children out of their beds. There's too much risk involved and it simply does not happen that often. That's not to say it doesn't, I just doubt it very much.

The, "troubled robbery" (in which Madeleine confronts or spots an intruder and alarms them) theory is an interesting one as well, and yet I still don't believe it explains it all that clearly. There are three main reasons for this:
a) If somebody was in the room, surely they were there to rob. It's likely that they were in the apartment for at least a little while before Madeleine hypothetically spotted them - so why was nothing moved or taken?
b) If Madeleine did confront this criminal, I think the immediate reaction would be to run away (not harming Madeleine at all) or to kill her on the spot, which is unlikely given the lack of evidence in the building. Even if they did kill her in a way which doesn't leave a mess, they would have had to carry her body around until they could hide it. Thus, the body is likely to have been placed somewhere nearby and should have been found. The other option is that he kidnapped her - but even in the heat of the moment, why would kidnapping a child when you could easily run away and get off on a B&E charge even if caught be an idea that comes to mind?
c) This one is perhaps a bad point for a variety of reasons, but breaking into a what you think to be an empty apartment building (and one that I believe is a notorious tourist hotspot, rather than local apartment complex) is a reasonably petty crime. Nobody there, unlikely to have much money, little risk exposure: get the stuff you can sell cheaply, get out, a quick couple hundred bucks. For someone who attempts a desperate crime like this, knowing that it's unlikely to yield much of a result, I would guess that they aren't very experienced nor armed. I doubt that a common burglar would immediately think, "Holy shit a 3 year-old, better kill/kidnap her!", they'd most likely high-tail it out of there.

As for my opinions on what happened: first of all, I'm of the opinion that there is a cover up somewhere in the local department, as grizzlym has mentioned already. It's simply just too suss in my opinion, especially for a country which has corruption prevalent in many faculties of society.
It has its flaws, however my theory is as following: Madeleine awakens after a nightmare, desperate for a parent's soothing touch but finds nobody in the building. She leaves the room and searches for her parents, where she is met by a corrupted police officer who offers to take her to her parents. She is sold into slavery or some other horrific fate, and the department covers it up as it always has (and probably will for quite a while.)

I apologise for my perhaps overly-morbid theory, I seriously hope Madeleine is found alive and well some day soon and genuinely feel for everybody even remotely close to the family - but for every day she is gone, it gets less and less likely, as cliché as it is.

Unless that matter sample was taken from purge fluid or a significant amount of blood there are also explications as to how it came to be there that may not involve transporting her body. Without that conformation been given were all playing hypothetical of course but to have got her body in that car they had to store in the unit for five weeks and that would have required the police to have missed it on their searches, I know the local force were low par but that's a hard sell. Contaminated samples also need to be considered here.

Ah look I don't think anyone is claiming to know what did happen. Tin foil brigade notwithstanding

However the reason the police believe that the homicide theory is possible is that there is limited evidence as to when she went missing. It was reported at 22:00 ish, but it had been quite some time earlier in the day that she had been seen by anyone other than parents.

Does it mean this is what happened? No, but the scenario of parent involvement does hold.

That's all. Not saying anything personally other than to highlight that its not quite true to say they couldn't have done it or hidden the body.

Which again is not same as that they did

Given that both are doctors not sure that's fair
Poor phrasing by me perhaps, however there are different kinds of intelligence and I just can't see them holding enough of the kind required to pull off a cover up of such significance. So much would need to be done, so much manipulation would be necessary and so much forethought. Not to mention that if they were capable of such a cover up they would almost definitely drop the case after they were cleared.

Paedophilia might be at the root of the case...but not from outsiders, strangers...
I suggest you search for the "Gaspars statements" (Dr. Arul Gaspar and Dr. Katherina Gaspar), their statements are in the official portuguese police files. You might be surprised...

Here:
www.mccannfiles.com
www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk
textusa.blogspot.com (the most interesting and intelligent blog on the case ever!)

I certainly like the "she left the room on her own" theory the best. Who knows what could meet a foreign kid in a dodgy tourist area in a corrupt country on their own.

Hid the body and disposed of later is what I recall theory being. Was a wghile ago. And I was pissed.

Obviously the poor girl's suffered, but hopefully that suffering is as minute as realistically possible. The alternatives are pretty damn grim.

I doubt she suffered at all. Mum put a valium too many in her goodnight drink anjd she never woke yp.

Hid the body and disposed of later is what I recall theory being. Was a wghile ago. And I was pissed.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I'm not that familiar with the case. I guess it's the notion of trying to dispose of a body then hide a crime in a foreign country seems a very difficult thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back