Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

ZZZZ FMDT.. I can never get the rookies right.
I know everyone pretty much has McDonald, but no Langdon, and whoo McDonough and McDonald.
Obviously no Maccas for me for a while!

The thing about McDonald, he's priced at a maximum for a new player.
I have Ellard in AFL Fantasy, he cost less than McDonald and scored 100.
To me rookies are all about making money and upgrading, and the new pricing pretty much makes some of them dicey , including McDonald.
I think I want to get on a cash cow before next week when their value changes. ( For AFLF with free for all trades anyway ).

RDT - 1779 with Libba Shiels Macrae & Higgins to go, includes a 10 from Palmer.
AFL Fantasy - 2065 with Shiels & Higgins to go. According to their live rankings that has me at 31st overall.

Need Libba to go ape shit on sunday to make up for me picking him over Watson :\.

If he performs the way he did in the last NAB game, then im confident haha.

Not even Jobe got 77 points in a quarter ;).

RDT: 1228 with 9 to come (Mitchell, Hodge, Masten, Zorko, Higgins, Yeo, Ellis, Tyson and Langford)
AF: 1565 with 7 to come (Mitchell, Hodge, Grimes, Yeo, Ellis, Higgins and Polecs 85)

Judging by the couple of scores posted above me I'm in for a bad start. Didn't think I was doing too badly considering my only really disappointing scores have been Ellis (RDT), Franklin (Both) and Dangerfield (Both, but nearly everyone has him). Swan as C didn't help of course.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldstein looking at 3 months on the sidelines from very early reports. Terrible news for those who didn't start with Currie in the real stuff

Disagree, he is a keeper in RDT even though yeah he is much better in SC. I knew he'd start poor as he did last season too (I didn't have him in Fantasy this week) but you just have to go for the ride with him, he'll score 70-80 1 week then be BOG and pump 120-130 the next, once Walker comes back in that should help his scoring as he'll play mainly on the ball.

didn't he average under a 100 last year ? but 113 in sc ?

AF: 1428 with 9 to come (Mitchell, Geary, Langford, Shiels, Tyson, Hickey, Roughead, Darling, Higgins)
RDT: 1388 with 8 + C to come (Mitchell, Suckling, Langford, Tyson, Ellis, Cox (c), Gunston, Higgins)

Solid enough start, though with the above Goldstein news am kicking myself for not picking Currie in RDT. Could be 1 trade down already

Remove this Banner Ad

Back