Hird to be sacked according to Caro

Remove this Banner Ad

thats a decent line. But Smith is an idiot, and he proved that with the way he handled himself when we sacked Knights and he jumped ship.

The board has been wounded, but they're shooting themselves in the foot.
Hird is the coaches. Its looking clear the players want that. The supporter base is divided, but we dont get a say on these things (thankfully).
The qualified responses, leaks and mixed messages need to stop.
Work out who is going to coach in 2015, announce it and back them unequivocally. It will reek of direction, decisiveness and, aptly, governance.
Who the heck is running your club? I don't think anyone knows.

I might add, Smith jumped ship because he had principles - and clearly believed Essendon didn't. Nothing we've seen since has done anything to show otherwise.

The board has been badly wounded. It appears to have no control over Hird, other than demanding postcards from the various tourist hot-spots the club has sent him to as punishment.

-Patrick Smith

:D

He's a great writer Patrick, although obviously I enjoyed his work more when Carlton were the subject of his derision

thats a decent line. But Smith is an idiot, and he proved that with the way he handled himself when we sacked Knights and he jumped ship.

The board has been wounded, but they're shooting themselves in the foot.
Hird is the coaches. Its looking clear the players want that. The supporter base is divided, but we dont get a say on these things (thankfully).
The qualified responses, leaks and mixed messages need to stop.
Work out who is going to coach in 2015, announce it and back them unequivocally. It will reek of direction, decisiveness and, aptly, governance.
Do you now agree that Hird now controls the Club?

Who the **** is running your club? I don't think anyone knows.

I might add, Smith jumped ship because he had principles - and clearly believed Essendon didn't. Nothing we've seen since has done anything to show otherwise.
its a shambles at the moment.
We have 9 members, and im yet to see a complete spine between them.
Its odd coming from a history whereby we would stamp our foot down and be difficult in the pursuit of the clubs interests.
I miss the days of Horsburgh and McMahon (RIP). Giant men who weren't pushed around so easily.

Do you now agree that Hird now controls the Club?
No.
The players are behind him. Some of the board are behind him. Large parts of the supporter base are behind him.
He is our senior coach. He will control a lot of the club, but not his own destiny.

I find it ironic that everyone is calling for his head on the back of him being ultimately responsible for everything that happened at the club, while flaming the club for being under his control...If he is to be held to the ultimate account for the supplement program, why so surprised at your assessment that he runs the club?

No.
The players are behind him. Some of the board are behind him. Large parts of the supporter base are behind him.
He is our senior coach. He will control a lot of the club, but not his own destiny.

I find it ironic that everyone is calling for his head on the back of him being ultimately responsible for everything that happened at the club, while flaming the club for being under his control...If he is to be held to the ultimate account for the supplement program, why so surprised at your assessment that he runs the club?
I'm not convinced the players are behind him at all. Last week there were reports of senior players asking him NOT to appeal. The only reason IMO the board back flipped from their intent to sack him last week was that Hird threatened legal action against them. Now he absolutely has the right to appeal the Middleton decision, however it is becoming more and more clear that he is also absolutely only doing this with himself in mind - heck the effects on the team or the players. I wonder when your lot will wake up to that?

I'm not convinced the players are behind him at all. Last week there were reports of senior players asking him NOT to appeal. The only reason IMO the board back flipped from their intent to sack him last week was that Hird threatened legal action against them. Now he absolutely has the right to appeal the Middleton decision, however it is becoming more and more clear that he is also absolutely only doing this with himself in mind - **** the effects on the team or the players. I wonder when your lot will wake up to that?

I disagree i reckon theres a core group of players that have weighed in on it now , i said in another post also i reckon Hird will still be coach even if players get suspended.

I'm not convinced the players are behind him at all. Last week there were reports of senior players asking him NOT to appeal. The only reason IMO the board back flipped from their intent to sack him last week was that Hird threatened legal action against them. Now he absolutely has the right to appeal the Middleton decision, however it is becoming more and more clear that he is also absolutely only doing this with himself in mind - **** the effects on the team or the players. I wonder when your lot will wake up to that?
I dont listen to the reports any more. some are right, some are wrong. I dont think we know what we're doing half the time, so any commentator on the matter is no more reliable than anyone on here.

My guess is that Jobe, Goddard, Heppell, Zaka, Hurley, Hooker at a minimum are behind Hird.
Howlett's manager has said as much.
Winders is close to him. im reading the news from last night as a salvo at the board to back him without question, rather than the flimsy message from yesterday.
I'd be surprised if more than 10-15% of the best 30 on our list oppose having Hird as coach.
Given trade period has started, i would have thought we'd have seen more requesting trades from the group that get the opportunity to play.

As at this moment, Ryder is shaping up as our major loss, and possibly, but very strangely, Winderlich as a hit to our morale more than our 2015 lineup.

Who the **** is running your club? I don't think anyone knows.

Smith didn't leave Essendon because of the PED situation, he walked early than that over the clubs handling of the Knights departure

Lol Caro.. She went earlier than Jim from American Pie.

Kind of expected from the fat mole. Would have foaming at the mouth when her sauce leaked.
See Essendon Supporters, this is why we laugh at the s**t storm coming your way.
Its people like this who will cry the longest and the loudest, while we sit back and piss ourselves

Lol Caro.. She went earlier than Jim from American Pie.

Kind of expected from the fat mole. Would have foaming at the mouth when her sauce leaked.
Excellent comment. Your mum would be proud I'm sure.o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith didn't leave Essendon because of the PED situation, he walked early than that over the clubs handling of the Knights departure

I think that is included in what she said. He said Essendon had no principles at the time of the Knights sacking and well since then...

I think that is included in what she said. He said Essendon had no principles at the time of the Knights sacking and well since then...

If we start saying clubs who sack coaches mid contract have no principles, none of the 18 clubs are worthy of our support

Smith is a senile old douche, and I'm still disgusted he supposedly threw his support behind my club

I dont listen to the reports any more. some are right, some are wrong. I dont think we know what we're doing half the time, so any commentator on the matter is no more reliable than anyone on here.

My guess is that Jobe, Goddard, Heppell, Zaka, Hurley, Hooker at a minimum are behind Hird.
Winders is close to him. im reading the news from last night as a salvo at the board to back him without question, rather than the flimsy message from yesterday.
I'd be surprised if more than 10-15% of the best 30 on our list oppose having Hird as coach.
Given trade period has started, i would have thought we'd have seen more requesting trades from the group that get the opportunity to play.

As at this moment, Ryder is shaping up as our major loss, and possibly, but very strangely, Winderlich as a hit to our morale more than our 2015 lineup.
You'd thank that those most involved in the doping would be Hirds strongest backers.
Ie. those at most risk of coping 2 year bans, whilst those much more on the periphery who might cop much shorter bans probably just want it over with.

But what re you basing this on? Tim Watson said on the news last week he now wants Hird gone as coach, and can't see Jobe being on different stance from his father.
Heppell and Goddard were part of the player group that asked him not to appeal-so not sure where they now stand?
Why Zakarias? Why Hurley? What is your rationale there?
I don't know obviously but think maybe you're not on the money here?

No.

Because the members ultimately have the power to stop him running the club. That they haven't managed it after almost two years is not ironic, it is tragic.

If we start saying clubs who sack coaches mid contract have no principles, none of the 18 clubs are worthy of our support

Smith is a senile old douche, and I'm still disgusted he supposedly threw his support behind my club

Not my point. I was just highlighting that Jenny had incorporated that in her post. But really after the Knights sacking has it looked like he was wrong?

Not my point. I was just highlighting that Jenny had incorporated that in her post. But really after the Knights sacking has it looked like he was wrong?

Like most RFC fans, I was a big Knights fan. No one can argue though his game plan was fundamentally weak on defense, and he failed to get the playing group to buy into it. The latter is death for a coach, if you cannot get the players on board you have failed.

Funny why James didn't want to be joined with the courtcase and went his own way... probably he had pre-planned this that if Middleton threw the case out he could seperate himself in this fashion and go it alone whilst holding onto his crown a little longer.

No.

Whoa! You're reading too much of Robbo's drivel I reckon. Think even the Great White Hope would go no further than saying some of the players are behind him. Doubt anyone really knows how many. My reading is some want Hird. Some prefer Thompson. Probably most don't have a clear preference just want the matter to be resolved.

Like most RFC fans, I was a big Knights fan. No one can argue though his game plan was fundamentally weak on defense, and he failed to get the playing group to buy into it. The latter is death for a coach, if you cannot get the players on board you have failed.

Yeah no problem with that. Didn't think he was a good coach either. Its just having the golden boy on the couch bagging you weekly and then denying that he will coach to than say that he will coach. It hints at certain machinations that were working away in the background by the club while Knights was employed. For this golden boy to then be involved in all of this after that certainly does tie in with a club that at the least weren't run very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back