Who will abide by the tribunal decision

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have made every word of that up

Well that particular sub-thread is built around allusion.

I would hope posters on this board are smart enough to differentiate between the thinking out loud/speculative/poetic license type posts (which form a significant percentage of this board), and the ultra-tight, specific, legalese mumbo jumbo.

I'm going back before even then. When Dank first discovered he ****** up. If he'd gone to the club and told the truth. But no, he's forged documents, and pushed ahead. Even discussing a new horse racing polymer to add to the aod and thymosin and try it on the players. Then essendon find out something is not tickety boo through expensive invoices they weren't expecting and instead of them going to asada and the afl straight away, they sack dank, and begin the coverup. actually evans probably did go to vlad straight away. And they would have got away with it too if it hadn't been for that pesky acc. Every step of the way, the easiest way out of this was to tell the truth.

For the archivists reading this years from now it should be explained that 95% of this has been concocted inside your head.

And therefore it's a case of one down, one more to go.

You really are fond of oversimplification without knowing what the charges are. In any case it could easily be argued that the governance penalties were the first half and the bombers are 5 goals down. The Federal court decision may well turn out to be the premiership quarter, with the bombers coming home from 8 goals behind kicking against the breeze in the last.

The waters are sufficiently muddied as it is with Dank's dual role as one of four directors of MRC which regularly conducted business with Charter and Alavi in aid of their anti-aging clinic (which marketed, and continues to market, these very same substances to the general public).

If the defence is able to see the full trail of phone calls and texts, it would only require one or two mentions of MRC, or that side of the business for the whole case to collapse.

Note this from ASADA's evidence:

(Page 184): Although Alavi was engaged to supply peptides for the Medical Rejuvenation Clinic and Best Buy Supplements (Sydney based companies in which Dank had a business interest), from Charter’s perspective, the raw materials he obtained from China were at the behest of Dank and were intended to fulfil Dank’s order.
This is an important point I have been trying to highlight this past 48 hours. This is why Charter's testimony is crucial to ASADA's case. MRC regularly did business with Alavi and Charter, but it is Charter's testimony that this particular shipment was for Dank himself, and not as a representative of MRC. That is very important evidence. If in fact Dank was ordering on behalf of MRC for their day-to-day business, then ASADA's case collapses (because there is effectively zero link between the TB4 and EFC). If Dank ordered TB4 as an employee of EFC, and that is made crystal clear in the phone calls and texts, then that is crucial evidence and goes a long way to supporting ASADA's case.

This is another reason why it is so important to view the phone calls and texts in their entirety, to get a full picture of what was happening (whether it benefits ASADA's case or not).
You make these assertions like you know what they do and don't have.

Let's just wait and see what they do and don't have before making definitive predictions.

You should take your concerns to a government ombudsman where something can be done about your beliefs.

There are other government run institutions that may be more suitable for treating his beliefs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know who won't abide by the decision, and that's Essendon. Any bans on the players will take it to the CAS and if that fails, then onto the courts.

Meanwhile, they'll be asking that any suspensions are postponed whilst the appeals are in place and they'll make sure they drag it out for as loooong as they can.

I know who won't abide by the decision, and that's Essendon. Any bans on the players will take it to the CAS and if that fails, then onto the courts.

Meanwhile, they'll be asking that any suspensions are postponed whilst the appeals are in place and they'll make sure they drag it out for as loooong as they can.

Mate, they'd already have the appeal prepared and ready to run. Pity our legal system is so inadequate, otherwise we may actually get down to sorting this thing out instead of playing games.

You really are fond of oversimplification without knowing what the charges are. In any case it could easily be argued that the governance penalties were the first half and the bombers are 5 goals down. The Federal court decision may well turn out to be the premiership quarter, with the bombers coming home from 8 goals behind kicking against the breeze in the last.

But Wookie, by dear friend, you have turned it into an aussie rules metaphor, when I originally had it as a soccer metaphor. Clearly, the goals do not carry the same value.

Also, my allusion was to the game being played out on this board, not to the EFC as such (noting that I am not a bombers fan).

There will be a lovely irony if players are suspended on the sidelines while the architect is calling the shots from the coaches box. Sure - he lacks the self awareness to understand how dreadful that looks but surely the club has a shadow of integrity left.
Well, they did try to sack him and he is only there due to threatened legal action. They want him gone.

The important thing is not how easy it is to cross the RoF threshold but how many athletes avoid penalties after they have been entered.

What percentage of athletes who are placed in the RoF receive suspensions?

Are we counting just those involving non-presence violations?

If it makes anyone feel any better, there are also circumstances where thinking that Essendon "are totally innocent" if the tribunal finds in their favour, as proposed in the OP, would be unreasonable. E.g., the players, coaches, etc, conspired together to dope the team, but for some silly reason the evidence for this was ruled inadmissible.

So if the OP's question is, will I ignore any knowledge I may have regarding the circumstances that led to the tribunal's decision, and just convince myself that what happened was at the extreme end to whatever is aligned to their decision when they make it. Then my answer is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back