Analysis Father/Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Also is that date in which Sam Darcy is draft eligible in the OP right?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/why-darcy-mk-iii-is-on-the-outer/2008/05/06/1209839651258.html

This article from 2008 means he would be eligible around 2021.

Also VitalDread is he a Scotch Collage kid? Because I found this from last year that fits into the 2008 article timeline:

https://www.scotch.vic.edu.au/greatscot/2015sepGS/53.htm

Sam Darcy (Year 6) played in the School Sport Victoria under 12 team in the National Carnival held in Geelong in July. The team was undefeated and beat South Australia in the final.

I wonder if Tom Werner from Gisborne is Micky Werner's son. I remember Micky playing for Gisborne in the early 00's. He may have settled there.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be very firm if we have a West/Wests running around. Was my fav dogs player growing up.

I'm gonna be very firm if we have a West/Wests running around. Was my fav dogs player growing up.
Let's hope they are at least 180cm tall and quick. Scott West was a star with a great football brain, but I think he was only 175cm and not a quick runner. You can only fit so many of those into a side.

We're already loaded up on smalls - none with blistering pace (although JJ comes close).

Let's hope they are at least 180cm tall and quick. Scott West was a star with a great football brain, but I think he was only 175cm and not a quick runner. You can only fit so many of those into a side.

We're already loaded up on smalls - none with blistering pace (although JJ comes close).
From what i've heard heard both of his sons are guns and are extremely quick, not too sure about there height, they both play for Strathmore, the older one may have school footy at skevs this year not too sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's already signed up as a 23rd man for footscray from my understanding
The club rates his speed and endurance
Clearly hoping he woulf fit the new cap system

Wouldnt surpise me if Footscray start reducing the cap for afl players

He's already signed up as a 23rd man for footscray from my understanding
The club rates his speed and endurance
Clearly hoping he woulf fit the new cap system

Wouldnt surpise me if Footscray start reducing the cap for afl players
Given we past on Darcy McPherson last year due to having to smaller player drafted in 2014 draft it's likely the pass on him unless he has big season at Tac Cup this year.

Given we past on Darcy McPherson last year due to having to smaller player drafted in 2014 draft it's likely the pass on him unless he has big season at Tac Cup this year.
Darcy missed 3/4 of tac footy and dogs didnt want to take the risk in taking a another small when they targeted key areas
Lynch is a tall half back-midfielder
Luke Goetz- ruck-full forward
Jed Adcock- experience
If.Adcock wasnt on our list we would have got darcy imo

Difference is that Romero is genuinely quick. MacPherson, like a lot of our smalls (Honeychurch, Daniel etc) are not that quick. So he has that different aspect to him.

This talk of him being quick excites me, we could really use that. Would love to see him put in some good performances over the year. So the knock is his consistency? What else? How is his disposal and decision making? Can he take a grab?

This talk of him being quick excites me, we could really use that. Would love to see him put in some good performances over the year. So the knock is his consistency? What else? How is his disposal and decision making? Can he take a grab?
Consistency, ability to win the ball, hasn't really shown much in any position, overly selfish and can be a bit scrappy with his disposal. He's also very small. Overall he's not good enough right now but that doesn't mean he won't be. Interested to watch him develop this year.

Consistency, ability to win the ball, hasn't really shown much in any position, overly selfish and can be a bit scrappy with his disposal. He's also very small. Overall he's not good enough right now but that doesn't mean he won't be. Interested to watch him develop this year.
OK, so he's quick and not much else. Sounds like an outside chance at best. I imagine the club's putting time into him because speed is something we need and so we might as well see where he gets to.

OK, so he's quick and not much else. Sounds like an outside chance at best. I imagine the club's putting time into him because speed is something we need and so we might as well see where he gets to.
That's all based on his form as an underager though so there's plenty of time and room to improve. At the minute he's an outside chance from my perspective but it might not stay that way.