Opinion Our Club Song

Love it, loathe it, change it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever came up with the line that "Bulldogs roar" was very confused. Even my 2-year-old know that Dogs bark and roaring is more of a Lion thing.
I suspect it was meant to be “Bulldogs raw” (with a nod to the WB erotic tales) but it got bowdlerised.

That’s what happens when you accept mediocrity. It should have been bow-wowdlerised.

I saw this thread on your board and was curious to see what you all thought.

As a neutral, I think it's a pretty average and underwhelming song. It was one of the last club songs I remember being aware of / knowing the words to. I do think though, that club songs, with their old navy/anthemy tunes with tacky lyrics are an endeering part of our game...like running through a banner, or chairing of milestone players, or running on the ground for 100...it is a part of the fabric of our game.

Sure, it's a pretty bog average song, but I guarantee, what ever comes next will be worse, and lose all sense of tradition and nostalgia. it will feel manufactured and hollow.

Success strengthens the song. win more flags with this as your song, and the song grows stronger and more enjoyable.

I don't particularly like Pride of SA, but i'd never change it. Takes me back to 97/98 as a 9 year old, first learning the song lyrics.

As a neutral, I think it's a pretty average and underwhelming song. It was one of the last club songs I remember being aware of / knowing the words to. I do think though, that club songs, with their old navy/anthemy tunes with tacky lyrics are an endeering part of our game...like running through a banner, or chairing of milestone players, or running on the ground for 100...it is a part of the fabric of our game.

Sure, it's a pretty bog average song, but I guarantee, what ever comes next will be worse, and lose all sense of tradition and nostalgia. it will feel manufactured and hollow.

Success strengthens the song. win more flags with this as your song, and the song grows stronger and more enjoyable.

I don't particularly like Pride of SA, but i'd never change it. Takes me back to 97/98 as a 9 year old, first learning the song lyrics.
Very true. Pride of SA is a total shocker but you’re stuck with it now for better or worse.

I hear the US Marines Hymn in my nightmares after 97/98.

Whoever came up with the line that "Bulldogs roar" was very confused. Even my 2-year-old know that Dogs bark and roaring is more of a Lion thing.
Isn't it Bulldogs raw?

Why would it be roar? Raw makes so much sense, especially prior to 2016.

I suspect it was meant to be “Bulldogs raw” (with a nod to the WB erotic tales) but it got bowdlerised.

That’s what happens when you accept mediocrity. It should have been bow-wowdlerised.
Haha, disregard previous post. Dogwatch beat me to it.

Great minds think alike ;)

Back