Opinion Let's Respect Our Club Legends

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a turbulent time for the club and for us supporters of it. Whatever happens in the coming days and weeks, I really hope that we all show the respect that key figures in our club, like Luke Beveridge and Chris Grant, have earned and deserve.

Some vitriolic language from a small minority directed towards Bevo, Granty, and even the Bont, has not sat well with me. We can call a spade a spade and speak the unvarnished truth from our personal perspective without using extreme and disrespectful language towards club officials, coaches, players and other BigFooty Bulldogs fans.

I hope you all agree.

100% fully agree,

You can be unhappy with how this year and previous years have played out however Grant has played the 2nd most games in the clubs history and has been a star of the club for decades now,

Bevo is 1 of only 2 Premiership coaches 1 of 1 for coaches to take us to multiple Grand Finals

Potting them now is simply just embarrassing and show's a real lack of class

I think that this is a timely reminder to respect all who have represented the glorious RW&B.

We can lose touch of their individual humanity in our demandingly rabid fanism at times.

This is especially so in hotbeds of angsty tribalism on social media in general and this place in particular.

I think that this is a timely reminder to respect all who have represent the glorious RW&B.

We can lose touch with their individual humanity in our demandingly rabid fanism at times.

This is especially so in hotbeds of angsty tribalism on social media in general and this place in particular.

Seeing Marra so emotional shows the bond the players can have together. Bruce was the big brother to him & Astro

This is a turbulent time for the club and for us supporters of it. Whatever happens in the coming days and weeks, I really hope that we all show the respect that key figures in our club, like Luke Beveridge and Chris Grant, have earned and deserve.

Some vitriolic language from a small minority directed towards Bevo, Granty, and even the Bont, has not sat well with me. We can call a spade a spade and speak the unvarnished truth from our personal perspective without using extreme and disrespectful language towards club officials, coaches, players and other BigFooty Bulldogs fans.

I hope you all agree.

I don’t come here very much anymore due to the vitriol but this post gets the utmost respect from me. Well done Mutt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Seeing Marra so emotional shows the bond the players can have together. Bruce was the big brother to him & Astro
Watching it happen in a place where I spent every Whitten Oval home game and many other days as a kid with my late Grandfather and my dad made me just as emotional. It reminded me of so many long gone ghosts who crowed around the bar before and after games.

What a great human being Josh Bruce is. Always approachable too. Saluting you on a great career #17, been a personal favourite of mine since you arrived.
Oh and kicking repeat 5s, and then a 10, against North - priceless!
Well done, big fella.

Watching it happen in a place where I spent every Whitten Oval home game and many other days as a kid with my late Grandfather and my dad made me just as emotional. It reminded me of so many long gone ghosts who crowed around the bar before and after games.
You should get back in there, Norm. A bit different to how it was but it’s still a good pub. The steak sanga is spot on.

You should get back in there, Norm. A bit different to how it was but it’s still a good pub. The steak sanga is spot on.
I stop by there from time to time when in the area. My favourite was the time I was in the area having my car serviced around the corner and called in for old timers sake to kill some time and the players were having their end of season mad Monday at the same time. This was a time before they were closed events and they welcomed me to join in their celebrations. I did for a couple of beers and then went about my business and let them do the same. I can't remember exactly when it was, but Im pretty sure I documented the story in here at the time. If I had to guess it was 2008 or so.

From what I remember the mens are still diabolically original with their curved brown concert troughs!

Team dad vibes.

image0.jpg

Good pick up, terrible luck, as in the worst injury luck I can remember for a decade. Good luck to him. He was one bloke in 2020 when all games were played up here who was out of shape but was just smashing open packs and creating space.

I think that this is a timely reminder to respect all who have represented the glorious RW&B.

We can lose touch of their individual humanity in our demandingly rabid fanism at times.

Why was that at a bar either in club or outside?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back