AC/DC

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a pussy ass crowd last night, can't believe the majority of seated tickets sat idle all night.

Agree with this also. It was a happy crowd but they weren't buzzing with anticipation. Maybe the AC/DC routine is - not tired, exactly - but perhaps lacking a little freshness after all these years.

Anyway they gave 100% as always and put on a terrific show.

Yeah it was a bit disappointing, I'm not even from Adelaide and felt a bit ashamed. Good thing they're professional.

Must be an Adelaide thing. Shoulda had the gig at Alberton, at least the locals there know how to make noise.
Having seen gigs large and small all over the world, I agree that Adelaide crowds are embarrassingly conservative. However the rest of Australia is not a lot better. The most rowdy gigs I have been too have generally been in non-English speaking city's. They really go off...

BTW went last Tuesday, Sin City was a huge highlight.

Having seen gigs large and small all over the world, I agree that Adelaide crowds are embarrassingly conservative. However the rest of Australia is not a lot better. The most rowdy gigs I have been too have generally been in non-English speaking city's. They really go off...

BTW went last Tuesday, Sin City was a huge highlight.

Yeah, Adelaide is the worst, but it is an Australia wide problem.

When I seen them in 2010, I was seated, but standing up so I could see the intro with the train, and the fossils behind me actually put their hands on my shoulders and tried to push me back in to my seat, yelling at me to sit down and be quiet! I woulda belted them if they weren't collecting a pension!

Yeah, Adelaide is the worst, but it is an Australia wide problem.

When I seen them in 2010, I was seated, but standing up so I could see the intro with the train, and the fossils behind me actually put their hands on my shoulders and tried to push me back in to my seat, yelling at me to sit down and be quiet! I woulda belted them if they weren't collecting a pension!

Every concert I've ever been to in Perth has been this - in my poorer Uni days I used to get tickets in the seated section and you'd feel you're in North Korea watching Jongy delivering a speech in between punctuated applause.
The majority of the standing crowds are fairly passive as well so I tend to have to make sure I'm front row center if I really want to enjoy a band.

I really, really hate it and can't understand why we're so placid here? I saw Queen perform in the UK last year and the fogies there were having a blast.

I sincerely hope that if this is the end of Brian that its the end of the band. Yes bands reinvent themselves but in reality there's no point for these guys.

AC/DC singer Brian Johnson has been told to stop touring immediately if he wants to salvage his hearing.

Surprisingly the band have said they plan to replace Johnson, 68, with a “guest vocalist” when they reschedule the American dates.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...004ccbc29e1644dd3d76bee71#load-story-comments

My reading on it is that Angus wants to keep going and if that is with the blessing of people who are important, let him keep going. I'll still be interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My reading on it is that Angus wants to keep going and if that is with the blessing of people who are important, let him keep going. I'll still be interested.
I guess he does but nowadays he could stick to highly paid guest gigs.

I'd just hate to see them go the way of INXS or Dragon.

The bands been all about him for 20 years. The majority of fans are only there to see him.

Important = Mal and to a lesser extent George. If Jonna takes the break he won't be back.

Important = Mal and to a lesser extent George. If Jonna takes the break he won't be back.

Agreed. I just think given they have already mentioned a guest singer means Angus wants to continue. Last two albums have been decent. Wonder who they'll get.

I guess he does but nowadays he could stick to highly paid guest gigs.

I'd just hate to see them go the way of INXS or Dragon.

Or Queen. This late, they could only diminish their legacy by continuing. Their enduring success is built on classic riffs that even Malcolm stopped conjuring long ago.

But that's a fan's view. Obviously Angus at "only" 60 is entitled to push on if it's what he loves.

I think Queen have FINALLY got the right front man in Adam Lambert, but seriously, Brian needs to let go. He's clearly in charge of the shows and there's so many long boring bits. Nobody, absolutely ****ing NOBODY, wants to see a bass solo. And a drum solo can be interesting, but not for 7 ****ing minutes.

He seems so determined to give everyone their turn. Mate, nobody went to see Queen for the other guys.

The Brian Johnson issue is turning into a little saga.

This guy from SNL has backtracked from comments he made the other day about Johnson being effectively "kicked to the kerb". Jim Breuer, a friend of the singer, initially reckoned that Johnson told the band that he was having some hearing issues, and that he might have to skip some shows. The next thing he knew, all his touring stuff was dropped at his house and he was off the gig.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ung-dumped-brian-johnson-20160316-gnjxz6.html

Last edited:
The Brian Johnson issue is turning into a little saga.

This guy from SNL has backtracked from comments he made the other day about Johnson being effectively "kicked to the kerb". Jim Breuer, a friend of the singer, initially reckoned that Johnson told the band that he was having some hearing issues, and that he might have to skip some shows. The next thing he knew, all his touring stuff was dropped at his house and he was off the gig.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ung-dumped-brian-johnson-20160316-gnjxz6.html
http://www.3aw.com.au/news/pete-for...ing-hearing-difficulties-20160316-gnl2u7.html

The "friend" in this article could just be the same SNL guy, but if not, very interesting.

It sounds like something Angus would do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back