Game Day Rnd 23 - Carlton v Essendon Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's look for long term positives here. This performance will hopefully force SOS to take a harder stance on players who can't cut it. If we'd won today everything would be nice and peachy and some players may have been given another chance on the list. We're getting crushed by a VFL side. There will be necessary casualties from this game.

I'd think today will have no bearing on how SOS would be thinking. People such as him would have already come to the realisation of how much work needs to be done yet before we are a consistently competitive unit, unlike a lot of our supporters. Today changes nothing at all. This is where we are, anyone thinking we were any better than this has been kidding themselves.

So it's the fans' fault. Does that include the 50k who have put their money where their mouth is, coming off a wooden spoon?
Lol you think 50k are going to come back next year? Bolton will be a good coach, just needs to be brutal with the list. Trade players who will get you good pics and build, Murphy, Kruz, Gibbs are not going to be a part of our next premiership side. Sorry to say this but it hurts 3 no 1 picks all turned out to be only good player's not the Elite superstars we all wanted. Back to the drawing board for another 10 years, hope we get it right this time.

Bombay, Kalina, Santa Cruz, India

Need a snicko for these touch rules.. u just cant be sure. How the hell can ya change a goal for a touch when theres not enough evidence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolts has been our shining hope/grace this season.

It all comes down to the culture/mindset of the players, even when we were flying and making finals under Ratts, there would always be a substandard/effortless performance a couple of times a year.

Today is all on the players 100 and a 1000000000 million percent.

The fact imo Simmo is our best player again is damning, i don't feel sorry for myself as a long suffering fan, i am just deeply wounded and hurt for Kade, a player who has given his heart and soul to our footy club, and will probably retire without playing any more finals or enjoy team success, well it breaks my heart :(

I've noticed the last month Simpson is more defensively minded early in games

Then we fall behind and he starts taking more risks and playing attacking footy

Says a lot about our lack of playmakers in midfield generally

Rely too much on Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back