List Mgmt. 2016 National Draft - Rookie Draft Monday 28th

6 and 8 in a even draft for 1 is a good trade for the bombers. They should take that if we offer it. Take Mcluggage with 1, Mcgrath with 4 and use all our 2nd rounders/ any other picks we get on Bowes, Scheer and Williams

Agree.

6 + 8 for 1 + 2nd rounder is a good deal for Suns IF you think Bowes will be bid on before pick 6.

i dont know if Ess would do that, I think they would want pick 4 + 6/8 to ensure they still stay at the top end of the drat. and of course part of the deal will involve a wink and a handshake that we wouldn't bid on Bowes.

The biggest factor in such a trade is where Bowes will get bid on.

Pick 1- no chance

Pick 2- Brisb MIGHT do it if they rate Bowes nearly this high. I say nearly because Bowes being a QLDer might mean they're prepared to take a slightly less talent to ensure that the player selected is not a flight risk. Brisb will prob also know that you'll match this bid and they might do it to ensure you dont get to have a live pick 4.

pick 3- I think Freo will want to take a WA

pick 4- GC

so i think there's only a v.small chance that Bowes is bid on before your 4th pick

from here it gets interesting though

pick 5-Of course it depends on who is available. It's possible that Will Brodie is available at this pick and if that's the case Carlton prob would rather him over Bowes

pick 6-Chances are you'll get this pick from Richmond for Prestia

pick 7- GWS- they might use this pick on matching for their academy guys

pick 8- GC

so there's prob only one or two realistic possibilities that a team will bid for Bowes. Carlton is prob the biggest risk if Brodie is already taken.

So if you have pick 4, 6, 8

packaging 6 + 8 for 1 would leave you with picks 1 + 4 and you'd still get Bowes by using up your plethora of 2nd rounders or the 1st rounder from Hawthorn.

Although if you reckon noone prior to pick 8 will bid on Bowes then it's possible you end up getting to use 4, 6 and 8 and then still end up with Bowes anyway.

I dont reckon trading your 4th pick to Ess in a deal for #1 makes sense for you, but it's what I would want if I was Ess and I was trading pick 1.

Agree.

6 + 8 for 1 + 2nd rounder is a good deal for Suns IF you think Bowes will be bid on before pick 6.

i dont know if Ess would do that, I think they would want pick 4 + 6/8 to ensure they still stay at the top end of the drat. and of course part of the deal will involve a wink and a handshake that we wouldn't bid on Bowes.

The biggest factor in such a trade is where Bowes will get bid on.

Pick 1- no chance

Pick 2- Brisb MIGHT do it if they rate Bowes nearly this high. I say nearly because Bowes being a QLDer might mean they're prepared to take a slightly less talent to ensure that the player selected is not a flight risk. Brisb will prob also know that you'll match this bid and they might do it to ensure you dont get to have a live pick 4.

pick 3- I think Freo will want to take a WA

pick 4- GC

so i think there's only a v.small chance that Bowes is bid on before your 4th pick

from here it gets interesting though

pick 5-Of course it depends on who is available. It's possible that Will Brodie is available at this pick and if that's the case Carlton prob would rather him over Bowes

pick 6-Chances are you'll get this pick from Richmond for Prestia

pick 7- GWS- they might use this pick on matching for their academy guys

pick 8- GC

so there's prob only one or two realistic possibilities that a team will bid for Bowes. Carlton is prob the biggest risk if Brodie is already taken.

So if you have pick 4, 6, 8

packaging 6 + 8 for 1 would leave you with picks 1 + 4 and you'd still get Bowes by using up your plethora of 2nd rounders or the 1st rounder from Hawthorn.

Although if you reckon noone prior to pick 8 will bid on Bowes then it's possible you end up getting to use 4, 6 and 8 and then still end up with Bowes anyway.

I dont reckon trading your 4th pick to Ess in a deal for #1 makes sense for you, but it's what I would want if I was Ess and I was trading pick 1.
Good summation, I agree with a lot of your points.
Brisbane is the risk in the top 3 picks but not sure they would risk picking a guy that isn't considered a top2 pick, they need all the positive news they can get and being stuck with a 5-10 rated pick at pick 2 or having that player bid on an taken away isn't a good look.

Whatever happens it's going to be fun

with picks 4,6,8,15,21,22,24,27

would you look to trade one of your top 10 picks for a 2017 First Rounder?

say Ess offers you their 2017 1st Round pick for either pick 6 or pick 8?

spread out your picks a bit and gives you some ammo to go after your Academy guys for next yr (no idea who you have for 2017). You have more than enough for this years crop it would seem.

with picks 4,6,8,15,21,22,24,27

would you look to trade one of your top 10 picks for a 2017 First Rounder?

say Ess offers you their 2017 1st Round pick for either pick 6 or pick 8?

spread out your picks a bit and gives you some ammo to go after your Academy guys for next yr (no idea who you have for 2017). You have more than enough for this years crop it would seem.
Pick 8 yes as I suspected you will finish mid table next year

Lot of talk about GWS preparing a big trade to get pick 1 from Essendon to get Andrew McGrath. Personally would like to see us get him and would trade to 1 to do it also probably using picks 4/6. thoughts?

Lot of talk about GWS preparing a big trade to get pick 1 from Essendon to get Andrew McGrath. Personally would like to see us get him and would trade to 1 to do it also probably using picks 4/6. thoughts?
I don't think McGrath is a standout. Freo will likely use their pick on Powell-Pepper leaving either Brodie or McCluggage at pick 4 if GWS go with McGrath.

I don't think McGrath is a standout. Freo will likely use their pick on Powell-Pepper leaving either Brodie or McCluggage at pick 4 if GWS go with McGrath.
I think Petrevski-Seton is expected to go before Powell-Pepper, but good point. can't see McCluggage being available after Brisbanes pick if whoever has 1 doesn't take him

So we have 6 picks before pick 30
Not inc anything for Prestia or Omeara

Yet we have only delisted 2 senior players..

Interesting stuff!

And I'm unsure how that rule about only using the number of picks you have spots available works.
I feel alot of players are going to be traded this off season. Open slather on the list

Dogs had 9 players 22 or younger last night.
Scotty Clayton rather then take fringe and spuds like grant.
Take us to the draft!!!

It's a real balancing act between getting experience to get us to a finals team now and getting the young talent to get us over the top in a few years.

The more I watch these u18 kids go around the more I feel like I would draft kids and indoctrinate them into our culture vs overpaying for fringe mercenaries.

Back