Review Round 11 vs Hawks at TIO Stadium, Saturday 28th May, 7:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeffrey is the closest thing we've had to Harley since... well, Harley. Definitely has the scope to grow into that player.

Rosas would have liked some more reward for his shots on goal, but by and large very good.

Thought Ballard played really aggressive tonight and as a result had his best game. He's just so good when he plays that aggressively.

Budarick really stepping up and back into it I thought as well.

Some passengers. Thought Davies didn't impact much at all. Oleg was okay, but Lemmens takes his spot back next week. Thought Graham was still below average.

All in all, great win. It's been a while since we've really crushed a team from start to finish.
Agree with you about Joel- I may be finally able to let go of Harley and move on
Not sure about Legs?516m for 76% GT was ok I reckon, but * me-Lachie Weller 937mo_Oo_O
If he could just become consistent no-one would bat an eyelid about what we gave up for him

Does anyone know who the Ch 7 commentators were tonight
Was special comments Shaun Burgoyne?

Obviously missed the freo game where he couldn't bring himself to be positive about our win
So what if he was, the question remains why single him out and why now ? Do you need to make yourself feel big when things are going well for the club, to make another member ( that in all likelihood is excited by the win) feel small, if so why, how does that help you, him, the forum or the club? Just seems petty and self absorbed

So what if he was, the question remains why single him out and why now ? Do you need to make yourself feel big when things are going well for the club, to make another member ( that in all likelihood is excited by the win) feel small, if so why, how does that help you, him, the forum or the club? Just seems petty and self absorbed
Alright no humour from now on👍

Why pick Ben Drever out? he loves the club and wears his heart on his sleeve. You don’t have to like what he says but why needle him and single him out when all he is doing is venting frustration on what has been a very poor 11 years of repeated mistakes. I’m sure he enjoyed and is encouraged about tonight as much as you and I are

I'm sure Benny appreciates the support. But he is in on the joke now haha. It's all part of the show

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a dick, do I need to say it
Was it really concussion?
Or did his brain explode when he realised the team he treated as a joke all the time he was here which included him and his dad having secret dinners with Clarko and laughing about getting a 2 yr adjistment contract on the Gold Coast was ramming a red hot poker up his team's collective arse?
Disclaimer:Speedy recovery and hopes for no long term injury etc etc

Last edited:
I remember last season when it Chol vs Coleman Jones as to who we take… glad we got Chol and didn’t follow my advice. Both him and Casaboult have given the small forwards a new lease of life
Cholly and Levi’s size and particular strengths actually seem to worry and confuse the opposition defenders moreso than when we just had BKing and our forward line and entries were more predictable.

Was it really concussion?
Or did his brain explode when he realised the team he treated as a joke all the time he was here which included him and his dad having secret dinners with Clarko and laughing about getting a 2 yr adjistment contract on the Gold Coast was ramming a red hot poker up his team's collective arse?
Disclaimer:Speedy recovery and hopes for no long term injury etc etc
Can i ask, what's with the bitterness with Scrim?

Ik he left, but he wanted to go home and you guys weren't A. Giving him consistent games or B. Were s**t while also doing it, aka he was working to get into a s**t team at the time.

Genuine curious if there's something i'm missing?

Ik he left, but he wanted to go home and you guys weren't A. Giving him consistent games or B. Were s**t while also doing it, aka he was working to get into a s**t team at the time.

He wasn’t getting games because he was lazy and didn’t deserve them, working at getting into the team was something he wasn’t doing. He couldn’t wait to jump at the first opportunity despite us investing a top ten pick in him. He was soft. As a club we needed our players to stick it out to improve. Basically he’s the polar opposite of Touk Miller.

He wasn’t getting games because he was lazy and didn’t deserve them, working at getting into the team was something he wasn’t doing. He couldn’t wait to jump at the first opportunity despite us investing a top ten pick in him. He was soft. As a club we needed our players to stick it out to improve. Basically he’s the polar opposite of Touk Miller.
Fair enough, i never got to see that side of him because since being with us he's only been a hard worker from what i've seen, is courageous as * aswell.

Think it was a good old bit of maturing.

Took him a while to mature, was a kid on the Gold Coast.

But yeah fair enough, will it always be a hate for him? or do you ever think you'll grow respect for him.

Fair enough, i never got to see that side of him because since being with us he's only been a hard worker from what i've seen, is courageous as duck aswell.

Think it was a good old bit of maturing.

Took him a while to mature, was a kid on the Gold Coast.

But yeah fair enough, will it always be a hate for him? or do you ever think you'll grow respect for him.
For sure he was still just a kid and immature. Can’t speak for everyone here but he’s definitely a talent and that made him leaving an even more bitter pill to swallow. Went through a worse loss as a young Bears supporter when Nathan Buckley left for Collingwood. Eventually got over that and respect Bucks for what he achieved. Can’t see it being any different with young Scrimsook. But karma is a bitch.

Last edited:
For sure he was still just a kid and immature. Can’t speak for everyone here but he’s definitely a talent and that made him leaving an even more bitter pill to swallow. Went through a worse loss as a young Bears supporter when Nathan Buckley left for Collingwood. Eventually got over that and respect Bucks for what he achieved. Can’t see it being any different with young Scrimsook.
Fair enough!

Basicly being the posterchild for being a "homesick" Victorian that the "Upper 8" clubs hate with a passion - Forever on this board known by the "Bodsian Term" of "Bedwetter"

Said it was all fine and well to come to the Coast during the draft process but from day dot was planning to make a run for the border at the earliest opportunity. The aforementioned secret meetings between his family with Alistair Clark's on often get brushed over.

Apprently was on his phone during team meetings and film review ect - Expecting to be gifted games just for being a high pick ect.

Also might be a little bit personal for some of the posters here considering we had an alleged family member of "Scrimsook" on here constantly banging the drum for his inclusion about how good he is and what a basket case we were at the time and so on - Got pretty nasty towards the end.

I could be wrong on the timing but I believe this all lead to the new Suns direction of going after players who wanted to be at the club which started off with the Lachie Weller trade (Ironically that trade looked really good tonight with Lachie and Ballard being two of our best on)

Needless to say old mate #14 for your lot has the dubious honour of being a "Caddy Level Flog" - a tier only reserved for the most egregious of ex-Suns (Josh Caddy, Tom Lynch, Dan Gorringe ect.)

Hope that gives the context you're after, Not going to lie I took some personal pleasure in seeing him s**t the bed tonight (Not the fact that he got concussed though, Had enough of those myself. Not fun)

All the best next week mate 🤙

I was watching there Kayo feed and they don't show the 7 commentators names
The commentators were pretty average.
But glad they actually sent them to the ground.

Darcy kept banging on about how he had so many more observations about players (mostly rowell) because he was watching the suns live for the first time. No s**t!

Swear at one point Burgoyne said ‘us’ when referring to the hawks.

The commentators were pretty average.
But glad they actually sent them to the ground.

Darcy kept banging on about how he had so many more observations about players (mostly rowell) because he was watching the suns live for the first time. No s**t!

Swear at one point Burgoyne said ‘us’ when referring to the hawks.
Also how many times did they want to mention Hawks players having milestone games next week?

If I had of taken a shot every time someone mentioned it I'd have never made it into work tonight!

Last edited:
Also how many times did they want to mention Hawks players having milestone games next week?

I had taken a shot every time someone mentioned it I'd have never made it into work tonight!
Really? I mustn’t have been paying attention very well - or just glazed over it. I can’t actually remember hearing that once 😆

I only remember them saying it’s Touk’s 150th game next week.

And tonight was Dave Swallow’s 50th career win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back