Autopsy Round 11 vs Western Bulldogs @ TIO Stadium, Darwin - 27/05/23 - 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that we know Day will be playing his 149th in the QClash on Saturday night, it's entirely possible that this game against the Dogs in Darwin will be Day's 150th. Have we done this on purpose to inspire the boys to get over the line in what seems like a 50/50 game against the Bulldogs? We know the boys have played incredibly well in milestone games for club stalwarts like Swallow's 200th against Geelong and Wittsy's 150th against Melbourne so I wonder if we intentionally picked him last week with this game in mind. We've got to win these 50/50 games if we want to have a shot at September and I know Day is highly regarded within the four walls. Let's hope the boys do play some inspired footy in this game if that's the case.

Probably worth pointing out that this game will also likely be Holman's 100th, Rowell's 50th and possibly even Jed Anderson's 100th. Not often you get four milestones in the same game!

Now that we know Day will be playing his 149th in the QClash on Saturday night, it's entirely possible that this game against the Dogs in Darwin will be Day's 150th. Have we done this on purpose to inspire the boys to get over the line in what seems like a 50/50 game against the Bulldogs? We know the boys have played incredibly well in milestone games for club stalwarts like Swallow's 200th against Geelong and Wittsy's 150th against Melbourne so I wonder if we intentionally picked him last week with this game in mind. We've got to win these 50/50 games if we want to have a shot at September and I know Day is highly regarded within the four walls. Let's hope the boys do play some inspired footy in this game if that's the case.

Probably worth pointing out that this game will also likely be Holman's 100th, Rowell's 50th and possibly even Jed Anderson's 100th. Not often you get four milestones in the same game!
No we haven't. Put your tin foil hat away.

Day and ainsworth out
Berry and long or weller in
Wil powell to the wing has to near the ball

Lemmens < long
If conditions are slippery like the usually are then I think we need to go smaller upfront so maybe Day < sexton or Jeffery or even Jeffery for Andrew at half back. Hope weller is back but I'm not confident he will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need more from, Lukosius (aside from his two goals), who only had eight possessions, and Davies, who only had ten possessions, unless Davies was playing a purely defensive role against the Lions.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Davies doesn't offer too much when played mainly half forward. Swallow has been more mid lately but think he gives more as a forward than what Davies does. JJ out for bulldogs and bont looked to have a mild medial injury so hopefully they give him a rest.

Burgess got one goal yesterday, and Chol got three. For all Chol’s failings, he is still an improvement on Burgess at both VFL and AFL levels.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Quetion is - Do you award laziness? Do you want someone on the team who does not put 100% effort? How does it impact the team when one player does only put effort when he decides.

Although it was a down game for many, I can’t see Dew swinging the axe. Will just back them to improve.

OUT: Lemmens, Day
IN: Long, Jeffrey, Ace (sub)

I would personally bring Jeffrey in to the backline for Lemmens and Sexton for Day, but can’t see Dew doing that.

Need Rowell, Anderson, Ainsworth, Luko, etc. to stand up after quiet ones last night.

NEED to win this.

This might be the game you may see Caleb Graham, with Lobb, Naughton and Ugle-Hagan to mark up on we may need that extra key defender.

This might be the game you may see Caleb Graham, with Lobb, Naughton and Ugle-Hagan to mark up on we may need that extra key defender.
Surely not...

If we really need more height then I think I'd much rather just take the 3cm difference between Crab and Jeffrey.

Hawthorn belted the eagles. That was the score line we should be expecting.
To be fair we played them at Optus with a partisan crowd and the usual lopsided free kick count and one sided umpiring
Hawthorn got them in Tasmania in a 3 degree Southerly
Weagles still managed to get the better of the free kick count but just by 17-15 but that's better than 22-14

Although I can understand why people were disappointed about the Lions loss, this game against the Bulldogs is the type of game we should be winning when you consider how far along we are in our list build. The Lions are quite possibly the best team in the league, certainly top 3, and it was always going to take a monumental effort to get the better of them over four quarters. The Bulldogs are more in line with where we should be in the 6-10 region of the ladder and you've got to win games like these if you want to play finals because they are 8-point swings. In fact, the Crows game the following week is exactly the same so the next fortnight is massive for us if we want to have a shot at playing finals this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back