Brushes with fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because someone's famous doesn't necessarily mean they are particularly wealthy.

They usually go hand in hand but sometimes the money runs out before the fame does like with famous sports people that have finished their careers.

Most AFL players can't just retire on the money they earnt during their AFL careers, they have to get other jobs.

When my kids were young they were in Little Aths. Lived in an area with lots of prominent pollies, judges, plus performers, etc.

One Saturday this tall, blonde well known male actor turned up with his child. Cap pulled down low, collar up, sunnies on. Dropped kid with school friends and basically hid over other side of track. I was chatting with a very senior government minister, as with any other parent, and we watched this unfold.

After a couple of weeks, the actor learned it was the kids we worrried about, and parents were parents. He ended up running the sausage sizzle, marshalling etc.

Alexander Skarsgård lives in Perth?

Another quick story....this only a few weeks old...

Was standing inside a butcher's shop waiting my turn. In front of me getting served was a sexy lady in full gym gear. As she finished, turning to walk past all the other people and me finally, as I was standing right at the door, I was caught by how beautiful her face was, and gave her that indication. She met my eyes and gave me a quick look down and up like "oooh what a nice surprise", her mouth pursed, a slight twist in her smile like "yum". Because I was dressed to the nines that morning, had a good complexion, a little radiant myself. Everything seemed to go by slowly, like that scene from "10" when Bo Derek runs by Dudley Moore in slow-motion. I was so drawn in by her eyes, but then I started perving down her body, staring at her figure, ****, pussy crack, as I grabbed the door and opened it for her, as she was carrying a large bag full of meat as well as other stuff. I was doing the charming thing in that regard, but used that opportunity to perv. Was just too obvious and direct about it tho, too over-confident in how dapper I looked and her initial interest, thinking i could get away with it, i guess. But as she left the butcher shop, glass windows all around, she turned back and saw me still perving at her lower half, and shook her head at me, disappointment in her face. Anyway, I didn't realize it at first, but about 5 mins later I realized that was Jennifer Hawkins. Pretty bad, right? I reckon I blew it, if I'd held her eyes and said something very cute/charming instead. Because...

Later that very day, I'm in a different part of the Northern Beaches, standing at the doorway of another shop, my back to the open doorway, talking to the guy in the store who I often stop and have a chat with. I was telling him how I saw Jennifer Hawkins earlier in the day, and he responded how she sometimes comes to his store too, then he said something like how she isn't as attractive in real life, how plain she is, apart from her nice face, the rest of her meh, and how so many other normal everyday local girls are so much hotter than her, and I was like, actually yeah you're right, but she has such beautiful eyes, smile and face, but yeah her ass is kinda big, etc....and then this guy's face turned to horror. We didn't realize it, but Jennifer Hawkins had just reached the doorway and had overheard the last few bad things I said about her physique and how "I wouldn't say no anyway, etc". She'd heard enough of what I said right at the end there.

If the previous butcher shop interaction wasn't bad enough, going just a little too far and ruining the moment, this incident on the back of the other was deathly. Such bad timing. She didn't say anything, was a real pro, came in did her thing, but the look she gave me I'll never forget it. It's that look when a beautiful woman who initially showed a glimmer of interest suddenly refuses you the privilege of her eyes forever, gives you that cold jaw/shoulder of "I am sooooo disappointed in you". It's like the first thing out of your mouth what people will forever remember you for.....like an awkward flirting story type of thing. Having someone kinda interested and it's now all up to your mouth, but you choke or say something terrible and the bottom falls out of the Earth and you fall endlessly into that abyss as that's how they'll always remember you.

If I'd said something cute/funny at the butcher shop instead....then that random crossing paths later in the day, with her perhaps overhearing the bit about how beautiful her eyes were, drawing you in, so lovable.....then I reckon MAYBE something could've happened.

You're a bullshitter sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deni Hines was on Celebrity Apprentice a few years ago and was a mega bitch that pretty much everyone hated.

I have befriended all of Kate Cebrano, Ameet Bains and Leigh Montagna on LinkedIn and a friendship pending with Todd Sampson.

Not sure why you would want a friendship with a douchebag like Todd Sampson, I like Kate Ceberano though and obviously Ameet Bains and Leigh Montagna are top blokes being from St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back