Past 26. Harrison Macreadie

Remove this Banner Ad

Really, really like this pick. Didn't have a good year. But very talented. Genuine AFL KPP in terms of height, athleticism and skill. Like that we're stockpiling talented KPP on our list.

Really, really like this pick. Didn't have a good year. But very talented. Genuine AFL KPP in terms of height, athleticism and skill. Like that we're stockpiling talented KPP on our list.

Remember the last time a team building a list did this? Hint: They were in last years prelim and just lost to the premiers. Seems like their list manager at the time had a plan he would take with him to his next role.

Like the look of him but in 2018-onwards who misses out from Plowman, Marchbank, JW & Macreadie?

Or does Plowman just play small (bit slow for that i would have thought)? Or Marchbank or JW move forward (surely not the best back of the lot moving forward)?

I've been a advocate for JW maybe going forward

Flexibility and Depth in KPP is a good thing

JW is a once a generation KPP so let's not put a ceiling on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still trying to work out why GWS didn't match our pick ??

They rated him highly and had put a lot of work into him via their academy.

Strange scenario but we have benefited from it though which was a nice change.
Handshake agreement. we'll let you have macreadie if you stop trying to poach Tomlinson.

Or structurally they preferred Tiziani and had precommitted to de boer.

Getting this guy with #47 along with Kerr with #69 gives that trade we did with Hawthorn a lot more perspective. Both those guys I thought would have gone in that 25 - 35 range.

I think our people really had to make those selections count otherwise they would have looked like numpties after giving away that pick to the Hawks.

IIRC this kid was rated top 10 at the start of the year but has had an average season. Apparently there are reasons why. Seems to be extremely talented. Has SOS pulled a swifty with another GWS kid?
Thats the kid... I don't know what just happened but shit am I excited.

Well done to SOS for getting a 195cm KPD who can also run through the middle... I mean, only Paddy Cripps can do that surely?

2016 NEAFL

Harrison MACREADIE (Giants)
Totals

• 9 games
  • 0 goals
  • 0 behinds
  • 1 time in the best players list
Averages
  • 5.7 kicks
  • 6.0 handballs
  • 11.7 disposals
  • 3.9 marks
  • 1.1 tackles
  • 0.2 frees for
  • 0.3 frees against
  • 0.0 hitouts
  • 0.3 clearances
  • 1.1 inside 50s
  • 1.8 rebound 50s
  • 44.33 DT points
LdxJAes.png

Still trying to work out why GWS didn't match our pick ??

They rated him highly and had put a lot of work into him via their academy.

Strange scenario but we have benefited from it though which was a nice change.

They probably need to keep points for their academy players they want next year.

The Giants (to some degree) are now a feeder/development club, its simply impossible for them to pick up all their players on their academies/zones.

I've been a advocate for JW maybe going forward

Flexibility and Depth in KPP is a good thing

JW is a once a generation KPP so let's not put a ceiling on him

I have to say I do like the idea of JW forward! JW is a machine - just give him the ball and he'll kick a goal! As long as we load-up in the middle of the ground with Cripps, Murph, Gibbs, SPS, Fisher, C Curnow, Cuningham and Pickett we can get the ball back in JWs hands again and he can kick another goal and so on, and so on. Won't really need a backline at all!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back