2016/17 LFFL Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The best part is that the Plovers have topped both these scores
They're projected, mate. Obviously there will be the bad 550 games and the good 750s.

A few observations seeing I'm waiting another 400 picks.

Pearce Hanley is an interesting one. I have had him as my 2nd priority for about three rounds now but I just couldn't pull the trigger and see him reaching elite, despite Malceski's retirement; still good get this late. Hate the Tippet and Boak picks. They're the kind of players stuck in LFFL no man's land 'position wise'. Like Ben Brown, had him as one for later on, although may not have pulled the trigger on it. Like the Nicholls pick, Hopper was too early, like three rounds early, but I know why Pie did it. You can't bank on some LFFL love children falling into your lap this year and they'll go before you get a crack at it. Don't like Le Cras pick, but I just don't like player small forwards as the forwards. That's a personal think since Hayden Ballentyne cost me a final a few years ago. Don't like Vickery, would have lasted, nor Watson, there were better OMs available. Bennell would have slid, so nope, wasted pick, Waite yuk, Walters hmmm, not so bad.

Free free to ask about specific players and I'll give you my honest scathing best. I've never been one to shy away from the big LFFL statements. For every Stefan Martin hack comment I've gotten wrong, I've had the occasional good prediction, and I can't recall ever getting a Hawthorn comment wrong, ask the Liam Shiels naysayers.

Free free to ask about specific players and I'll give you my honest scathing best. I've never been one to shy away from the big LFFL statements. For every Stefan Martin hack comment I've gotten wrong, I've had the occasional good prediction, and I can't recall ever getting a Hawthorn comment wrong, ask the Liam Shiels naysayers.
Please rate my whole draft!

And carry over haha

Enjoying having the best LFFL clubman Amos back rather than the imposter who rolled in last season.

Pearce Hanley is an interesting one. I have had him as my 2nd priority for about three rounds now but I just couldn't pull the trigger and see him reaching elite, despite Malceski's retirement; still good get this late. Hate the Tippet and Boak picks. They're the kind of players stuck in LFFL no man's land 'position wise'. Like Ben Brown, had him as one for later on, although may not have pulled the trigger on it. Like the Nicholls pick, Hopper was too early, like three rounds early, but I know why Pie did it. You can't bank on some LFFL love children falling into your lap this year and they'll go before you get a crack at it. Don't like Le Cras pick, but I just don't like player small forwards as the forwards. That's a personal think since Hayden Ballentyne cost me a final a few years ago. Don't like Vickery, would have lasted, nor Watson, there were better OMs available. Bennell would have slid, so nope, wasted pick, Waite yuk, Walters hmmm, not so bad.
So glad to have the real amos back. xx

Can anyone help me which wannabe amos is more amos like out of Jordie_tackles and Deddy ?

One has been the superior team for three years but only won one flag and the other has been irrelevant until the last three weeks of the season. Hmm, tough call.

Can anyone help me which wannabe amos is more amos like out of Jordie_tackles and Deddy ?

One has been the superior team for three years but only won one flag and the other has been irrelevant until the last three weeks of the season. Hmm, tough call.
You're only as good as your last match.

Nope, he wasn't on my radar at all. I've just been going through my spreadsheet and found about 6 more that I'd missed removing as well. Lucky I did that because I was about to try and take someone else that was gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:heart: that the only one that was ok was mine

Ok so if I picked this 5 or more minutes ago it wouldn't have been the big rough. But at the same time some talk he will play early next year but even if it is later he is my second best forward option and offers potentially 10ppg to my side more than it would get otherwise. And I have another pick coming up anyway.

I had been "thinking" about him for a while very speculative risk vs reward pick and we are nearly 2/3 of the way through the draft so why not! I picked Shultz and Waite who combined for about 5 games last season, well before now haha.

These dickheads holding up the fuvking draft for consecutive 24 fuvking hours coincided with the timely afl.com article costing me the Big Rough. Bring in the 12 hour rule. I'm so pissed I didn't even punctuate.

These dickheads holding up the fuvking draft for consecutive 24 fuvking hours coincided with the timely afl.com article costing me the Big Rough. Bring in the 12 hour rule. I'm so pissed I didn't even punctuate.
People need to chill, I honestly don't see how there's such a rush from everyone. If you cut it from 24 to 12, people like myself who pick as soon as possible will also be hung out to dry.

People need to chill, I honestly don't see how there's such a rush from everyone. If you cut it from 24 to 12, people like myself who pick as soon as possible will also be hung out to dry.
He's just salty, the draft is quick enough we just dropped about 6-7 picks today

Damn Deddy, you were the last person I was expecting to lure in with that comment, well actually, Pie would have been. 12 hours, lol :drunk:, it's not like it's February. Jordie, however, reading the play quite well again .... prick.

Damn Deddy, you were the last person I was expecting to lure in with that comment, well actually, Pie would have been. 12 hours, lol :drunk:, it's not like it's February. Jordie, however, reading the play quite well again .... prick.
Well I blame you going MIA for me forgetting your sense of humour, bastard.

Honestly the article did nothing for me. Everyone wants a feel good story and honestly I hope he gets back, but I just can't see him having a meaningful impact on-field. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't think he will and I wouldn't consider him till maybe the last round. But there's always hope so I'm hoping he can come back and play well.

Bloody hell this is painful between gym4life and Gentlemen just killing our mojo. Lucky it's only really a draft game and not a trade game or this would be chewing into a fair chunk of a pre-season trade period.

Is anyone opposed to cutting them to 12hr time limits from say the next round?

Bloody hell this is painful between gym4life and Gentlemen just killing our mojo. Lucky it's only really a draft game and not a trade game or this would be chewing into a fair chunk of a pre-season trade period.

Is anyone opposed to cutting them to 12hr time limits from say the next round?
Would like to hear from them first haha

See if thy can defend themselves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back