2016/17 LFFL Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Deddy, everyone has about 4 picks to make before the drafting is finished. All the power to you for chasing pussy, but you're not being punished. Punishment is marriage. This, the game, is all we've got.

Josh Bruce, solid 4th forward. Langford, risky. He's still not in our best 22 due to his deplorable disposal. I guess that's what happens when you're brought up in a non-afl state. Most of the kids up here couldn't hit the side of a barn from 10 metres either. Anyway, he'd be our leading IM outside Tich so might pay off, plus, someone would have taken him in the LFFL for sure, just would never had been me. Zac Clarke, too early. Love the idea of tying him to your starting ruckman. Hell, watch Tom Bellchambers limp into Mozzie land BUT, that's for the last round is for. Could have gotten someone better here. Callum Mills, ok. Pittard, meh, don't have much time for anyone from Port. Bird. Yuk. I just reckon he's no good. Smith? is a backup back? Decent enough get if he is, rubbish pick if he's not. Redden, risk for reward. Touk Miller is a beauty. Could breakout and offers a bit as an inside mid going forward. Cam Guthrie, never considered because I just don't like the look of him. Sorry that's all Ive got for him. Hurry up Gentlemen. O'Brien :). Weller, worth a punt so nice, Masten, you never know what you'll get. I carried him about 4 years ago as a back so decent value here. Burgoyne, solid. Selwood, I know why he was still there, because he's an injury proned * that has single handedly shafted every LFFL coach that has ever owned him (apart from that one season at WC). Whitfield, LOLed. Howlett, I LOLed harder. He's a frustrating player to have on your list, and I've had him 3 times I think, while WAG grabbed him a couple of times. Haynes solid, but never considered. Motlop was an interesting one. I reckon you could have a crack at this point. I guess you're allowed one or two free hits in the draft. Mason Wood, worth a punt and guessing he's a 4th forward so would begrudge that selection. Dunkly, kind've dont mind this as he's a back up and offers some versatility.

Usually wouldn't take a back up ruck till the last two rounds but noticed BOTH Giles and Lycett were gone. Clearly some LFFL etiquette needs to be listed. Couldn't afford to just have Vardy so took the punt on Witts as I suspect at worst he will get game time and he's always going to win hitouts when in.

Usually wouldn't take a back up ruck till the last two rounds but noticed BOTH Giles and Lycett were gone. Clearly some LFFL etiquette needs to be listed. Couldn't afford to just have Vardy so took the punt on Witts as I suspect at worst he will get game time and he's always going to win hitouts when in.

I feel for ya, Pie, but the LFFL backup ruckman etiquette was ignored last season when Hickey was taken by Gentlemen? half a dozen rounds after I had taken Longer. At that point Longer and Hickey were seen as on par so perfect use for my if applying the rule, but an even more impressive unparalleled shafting of me by Gentleman, whom might I add has always been someone I consider(ed) an ally.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's unwritten, boys, I guess that's what separates us all. You two will clearly join Gentlemen in the revamped rest week, 'Good v Evil' LFFL game.

I didn't even realise there was a backup ruckman etiquette...

Generally it's been unspoken as there's less than 16 teams everyone should have a number one ruck from an AFL club. So therefor we usually use the last round or two to pick up the back up or spud ruck. It's how blokes like Reilly O'Brien, Daniel Gorringe and all those other blokes who won't get a game get on lists. It guarantees you a ruck that will play. It's not against the rules just what generally happens to cover first ruck.

It's why Zac Clarke should have been taken in the last round - no one else would bother because he won't play unless Sandi goes down. I took Nic Nat so usually one of Lycett or Giles would be left. But now it means I have to steal a ruck off someone else and so on and so forth.

Generally it's been unspoken as there's less than 16 teams everyone should have a number one ruck from an AFL club. So therefor we usually use the last round or two to pick up the back up or spud ruck. It's how blokes like Reilly O'Brien, Daniel Gorringe and all those other blokes who won't get a game get on lists. It guarantees you a ruck that will play. It's not against the rules just what generally happens to cover first ruck.

It's why Zac Clarke should have been taken in the last round - no one else would bother because he won't play unless Sandi goes down. I took Nic Nat so usually one of Lycett or Giles would be left. But now it means I have to steal a ruck off someone else and so on and so forth.
Lycett is first ruck for the majority of the year. That's why I took Giles as my backup.

Says the guy who takes Naismith when I already have Tippett
Well I'm claiming the Danoz 'Lycett over NIcknat' defence and saying Naismaith is the first ruck :). Alternatively I'm claiming that 2016 was the year that rule went out the window, and therefore blaming Danoz. True though, sr20, historically I'm probably seen as an LFFL bad guy anyway, despite it not actually being true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likes mean good pick right? Or is it I 'like' you picked him, not the player I am after.
I only ever like a good pick, as in, somebody I would definitely have taken very soon. Finally taking a pick only gets my inner self thinking '******* finally'. I don't speak for everyone though.

I only ever like a good pick, as in, somebody I would definitely have taken very soon. Finally taking a pick only gets my inner self thinking '******* finally'. I don't speak for everyone though.
Since when? :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back