Roast Beginning of the End of Torrent Trackers

Remove this Banner Ad

With WCD taken Down and GGn Closing Down with no Idea of Coming Back.

Are we seeing the end of Trackers as they been going down Left and Right?

I think there is a Real Chance we are
icon_cry.gif

wats WCD and GGn?
Private invite only bittorrent trackers. What.CD and GazzelleGames.

What.CD was the largest music archive in the world. If you wanted any song/album you would find it their. Music that doesn't in any physical form can be found there. 140,000 members... Millions of unique albums... 10 years of work...

GGn was a games torrent site.

Last edited:
Big decision to be handed down by the federal Court today.
Foxtel and Village asked the court to rule on forcing Interenet providers to report users who download or stream.
TradeDraft?
This is regarding the changes government made last year but the providers were holding back as were wanting government to pay.

http://www.themercury.com.au/techno...y/news-story/c1b0349a2cc6e3fb96007ddf04742efc

IF that Happens then I better get a VPN this Afternoon then. Though I thought it was more for People who use the Internet with Telstra/TPG/Foxtel and Articles say nothing about Reporting users

So is the Government going to Sue just about everyone in Australia who has Access to the Internet.

Graham Burke is an Utter Flog. He is Saying that Pirates should be Shot and Killed and they are worse then ISIS just so he can get more Millions in his Pocked. Greedy Flog

With the widespread rollout of the NBN now I believe a VPN becomes a much more practical idea.

I never used to run one because ADSL2 was dog slow anyway and a VPN usually adds a fair amount of latency making the download speed worse. Not to mention the general unpredictability and unreliability of an ADSL2 connection.

NBN + VPN would be much smoother. I think it's time for me to invest in one.

With the widespread rollout of the NBN now I believe a VPN becomes a much more practical idea.

I never used to run one because ADSL2 was dog slow anyway and a VPN usually adds a fair amount of latency making the download speed worse. Not to mention the general unpredictability and unreliability of an ADSL2 connection.

NBN + VPN would be much smoother. I think it's time for me to invest in one.

I still have ADSL2 and I have no Idea when we are getting the NBN.:mad:

The Ruling:

So eventually things WILL get blocked now. That's f*cked.

The internet was meant to be a place for everyone and everything with freedom of expression at the forefront. Now the government has a stranglehold on it. Did you know that only 5% of the Internet is Made available to us?

So eventually things WILL get blocked now. That's f*cked.

The internet was meant to be a place for everyone and everything with freedom of expression at the forefront. Now the government has a stranglehold on it. Did you know that only 5% of the Internet is Made available to us?

Most will get Block.

Forget the Internet being a Place of Freedom of Expression. The Longer it goes more that the Large Coperations and Governments are taking over the Internet and making it Run how they Want.

I can see why there are Ton's of Hackers fighting back against the Government on how much they have Taken Away from the Normal Person.

I thought we live in a Democracy but more looking like we live under Dictatorship

Most will get Block.

Forget the Internet being a Place of Freedom of Expression. The Longer it goes more that the Large Coperations and Governments are taking over the Internet and making it Run how they Want.

I can see why there are Ton's of Hackers fighting back against the Government on how much they have Taken Away from the Normal Person.

I thought we live in a Democracy but more looking like we live under Dictatorship

Absolutely right mate. The large corporations are the dictators and the government are their puppets, while we the people are merely pawns.

I think a lot of people realise this these days, that's why there are groups out there fighting back.

Absolutely right mate. The large corporations are the dictators and the government are their puppets, while we the people are merely pawns.

I think a lot of people realise this these days, that's why there are groups out there fighting back.

and I am glad they are. We use to see Sc-Fi Movies where the Big Coperations took over the World but it is no longer Sci-Fi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and I am glad they are. We use to see Sc-Fi Movies where the Big Coperations took over the World but it is no longer Sci-Fi
The way I read it is that both Village and Fox have not had such a big win. They went in thinking that the providers would just block the sites at their own cost but they judges seem to be saying, no, if you guys want it you have to pay for it. So it is a small win for the providers.
If you are into torrents, join a forum as these sites will just pop up again elsewhere.

Maggie5 People Buying VPN's in the Next Few Days could go Thru the Roof
Dave, they are not blocking you, they want to block the site which means you won't be able to use it.
For example if you go to Pirate Bay, when you click on their link a page will come up stating that it has been blocked.
Not sure if you have a VPN this will work around it as I don't use torrents. Maybe someone else knows more about it.

Nope and Does not Interest me at all

Fair enough. Just saying it has the same story of a corporation taking over the world and then hackers brining it down.

Personally it's the best tv series ive seen since breaking bad.

Dave, they are not blocking you, they want to block the site which means you won't be able to use it.
For example if you go to Pirate Bay, when you click on their link a page will come up stating that it has been blocked.
Not sure if you have a VPN this will work around it as I don't use torrents. Maybe someone else knows more about it.

I have not used Pirate Bay for at least a Few Years. I use Private Trackers and I checked them and they still work.

IF Sites I use get Blocked OR get a Warning Letter about using Torrents. Then I will get a VPN.

I been looking at this VPN for awhile - https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

The way I read it is that both Village and Fox have not had such a big win. They went in thinking that the providers would just block the sites at their own cost but they judges seem to be saying, no, if you guys want it you have to pay for it. So it is a small win for the providers.
If you are into torrents, join a forum as these sites will just pop up again elsewhere.

Agree Maggie5. A win but not as big as they like. They can block sites(For a Price). Glad the ISP stood up to them and saying we won't just do it because you said so.

There are Plenty places you can go to help get around the Blocks.

Where I go for this Talks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/

and

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/87

Where do you go for that info Maggie5 ?

I have not used Pirate Bay for at least a Few Years. I use Private Trackers and I checked them and they still work.

IF Sites I use get Blocked OR get a Warning Letter about using Torrents. Then I will get a VPN.

I've heard good things about them.

Basically a VPN is a computer program that reroutes your internet connection through another IP address (through a dedicated server) to make it seem like you're accessing the internet from another location or country. It's sort of like a more sophisticated proxy.

An IP address is a string of numbers separated by full stops that show to other websites where in the world you are located, among other things.

Many companies sell their own VPN program and have different "packages" you can buy where you can choose a number of countries to "spoof" your IP from at any given time.

One day you might choose to be seen as coming from Sweden as it appears to other sites, or one day you could be on an American based VPN.

The idea Is to switch your IP address to a country where the site in question is not blocked. And by doing so you can of course access the content the site offers.

A few VPN companies offer a no tracking service where none of your information or the sites you visit are stored, so you're basically "safe" when it comes to companies finding out if you're downloading illegal s**t or not.

You can definitely unblock the pirate bay with a VPN.

One of the drawbacks of a VPN is that there is normally a price involved, as well as having to have the program constantly running, and the possibility of slower internet speeds while running it.

Just be careful with them, you have to pay in US dollars and they automatically renew each yer and you don't know until it is too late if you want to change.
They are good though but still need more servers and more countries.

I've heard good things about them.

Basically a VPN is a computer program that reroutes your internet connection through another IP address (through a dedicated server) to make it seem like you're accessing the internet from another location or country. It's sort of like a more sophisticated proxy.

An IP address is a string of numbers separated by full stops that show to other websites where in the world you are located, among other things.

Many companies sell their own VPN program and have different "packages" you can buy where you can choose a number of countries to "spoof" your IP from at any given time.

One day you might choose to be seen as coming from Sweden as it appears to other sites, or one day you could be on an American based VPN.

The idea Is to switch your IP address to a country where the site in question is not blocked. And by doing so you can of course access the content the site offers.

A few VPN companies offer a no tracking service where none of your information or the sites you visit are stored, so you're basically "safe" when it comes to companies finding out if you're downloading illegal s**t or not.

You can definitely unblock the pirate bay with a VPN.

One of the drawbacks of a VPN is that there is normally a price involved, as well as having to have the program constantly running, and the possibility of slower internet speeds while running it.

Most VPN's are fairly Cheap. Say Between $3-$20 per month. So Depends who you go with.

Example of Price:

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/

Good Explanation Temploar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back